Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Need help buying Z

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 01:07 PM
SIRROM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help buying Z

Brand new to the forum, though have been reading reading reading everything I can about the 350Z these past couple days. Anyhow I was refered to this site by a buddy that currently owns an '03 Z and I'd hope to be a near future owner of a Track Z so I thought your info could help before I made the final purchase...

To make a long story short... Went to trade in my car for a S2000 (didn't like how cluttered (small) it was inside) so I ended up driving a '03 Z the dealer had sitting right there (like the looks of the car, though was never really impressed with them... The dealer let me take the car alone for about 30 minutes and I absolutely LOVED IT!! didn't feel quite as fast as the S2K though in my opinion was hands down a better car in all aspects...

Anyhow, I have a few question to everyone... I'm currently looking at a '03 La Mans Sunset Track 350Z. The car has I beleive 19K miles on it, flawless shape with a bra (which I'll remove-I hate bra's). They're asking $31,xxx for it, though its on a special right now for $29,xxx and the dealer said he's willing to work for me on the sale price to gain my trade-in and business... What's a fair/reasonable price for this car? It's now a 2 year old car since the '05's are out, etc..

Secondly, my buddy told me that the 03's have a bad camber problem though the Nismo susupension package solved that issue... I know the Track edition has the upgraded suspension, brembos, 18" Rays, though do they have the camber problems as well? I'd like to have the Nismo suspension put on if this is neccessary to fix this camber problem. My buddy has the Nismo exhaust on his and I like the sound of it. Is it benificiary to have the dealer include the nismo exhaust over the exhaust on the factory track model?

Any comments or help that I can gain from those of you that have Track models or know about them will help... just trying to find out what the Track models have that might be different (performance wise) over the other models) I've been a honda guy, and am very new to the entire Z scene... Thanks in advance fella's/gals!

Last edited by SIRROM; 01-07-2005 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:01 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have it right on the added features of the track.......plus the body/spoiler kit.

I don't think the Nismo suspension necessarily solves the feathering (camber) issue but will defer to others.

I'd have the mechanics of the car checked out by a good mechanic but if he gives it a thumbs up, it sounds like a decent deal.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:27 PM
ANXIOUZ

For what it's worth, I got my 03 Track w/ 8k miles on it for $26k around 2 months ago. It had a trunk mat, aluminum kick plates, splash guards, some nice aftermarket rims/tires, and upgraded speakers. They had it on sale for $29k but wanted to rotate their stock so we got a deal.

The Track doesn't have upgraded suspension. All you get with the Track (over the other models) is the Brembos (which are freaking awesome!), lighter 18" rims, the rear spoiler, and some air diffusers under the car. Everything else on the car is identical to the other models.

From what I hear the Nismo suspension does help allieviate the tire feathering. At worst, it delays it's appearance for a much longer period of time.

The Nismo exhaust basically sounds like a louder version of the stock exhaust. I personally love the sound and hope to have one installed on my Track at some point. If you can get the dealer to throw one into the deal, go for it. But I doubt you'll get them to do that since they cost around $1k.

Last edited by ANXIOUZ; 01-07-2005 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Skrill

With the prices on used Z's so high (which is a good thing for us owners) -- I would suggest paying the bit extra and getting a new 2005. You could get a new 2005 Enthusiast for about $30k or less even. If you want the track -- wait for the 2005s to arrive, they will have the tweaked engine and should sell for about $36k (or maybe less).

I would just get a new Z versus paying the high prices for a used.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:20 AM
SIRROM

nice to hear... anyone else experiance any problems with their Z other than this tire feathering that I've been reading about?
Old 01-10-2005, 08:49 AM
ANXIOUZ

Check out: http://www.nissanhelp.com/Bulletins/350Z/Year.htm

Pick a year you're interested and see what's come up. However, all of these issues identified by Nissan are covered under warranty so they'll fix them for you. But this is more-or-less the list of known issues.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:28 PM
SIRROM

well a quick update.. I haven't purchased a Z yet. Would have had the Track model I spoke about earlier if the local dealership wouldn't have dicked me around. Basically what happen with that issue is that I went in to finalize everything and drive out with the track Z. Right as I was about to sign the entire contract, I noticed that they upped our aggreed price by $2500.00. Once asked about this issue they simply told me that the car was not on sale anymore... WTF!?!? We made a deal... They didn't want to sell now for our origional talked about price so I got up and left... ***********! Waste of my damn time.

So... now I'm currently shopping around and pricing other Z's at various dealers around my area. I'm researching the lower models (however you wanna call it). Debating between Performance, Touring, and Track in either the Silverstone or the White... So we'll see what happens... trying to find a '04 thats brand new still to save a little money before there all gone as the 05's roll in. (Had a Blue 05 Touring with all the Nismo goodies on it for $39K in the show room) Absolutely beautiful car, but more than I wanna pay for a Z..

Last edited by SIRROM; 01-18-2005 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:50 PM
mdacko

check the private for sale thread on this forum, there are tons of Z's for sale!
Old 01-18-2005, 05:45 PM
hypeiv

don't be in such a hurry... buying one from the private sale section is a good idea. You can find some in there with more miles left of the warranty and some have some good mods already.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:51 PM
King Tut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by SIRROM
Right as I was about to sign the entire contract, I noticed that they upped our aggreed price by $2500.00. Once asked about this issue they simply told me that the car was not on sale anymore... WTF!?!? We made a deal... They didn't want to sell now for our origional talked about price so I got up and left... ***********!
Nice work. I wish I had been tougher when I bought mine.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:05 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$29,xxx for a 03 track model with 19k miles on it is a rip off

I got my 03 track model for 29900 with 1468 miles and a bunch of extras thrown in and this was 5 months ago talk them down