Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

No MSRP Increase !!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 03:14 PM
devaraj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile No MSRP Increase !!!

I recently placed my order for a 350Z with a March 2003 delivery date. My sales contract stipulates that I will pay the exact MSRP for my car on the date of delivery (since the Z is not "price protected"). From reading some postings on this forum and hearing some rumors on the street, I became a little nervous when I learned that there might be a significant increase in the MSRP on January 1, 2003.

So, today I placed a call to a Nissan representative at NNA (1-800-nissan1), and asked point blank about the possibility of a price increase. The rep told me that absolutely there is NO INCREASE planned for at least the first 6 months of 2003. Therefore, everyone that currently has a Z on order will get it at the current MSRP price (that can be checked on the Nissan web site).

This was a real relief to me because I would much rather sink an extra grand or two into mods for my new Z, rather than put the additional money into Nissan's pocket.
Old 11-18-2002, 03:23 PM
nlauri

Thanks for the relief
I was getting panicky also
Thinking of getting one now even though snow is on the way just to know price won't change
Hope they were telling the truth
Car dealers and the truth don't always mix well!

Le Mans sunset touring 6mt burnt orange due in Feb.
Old 11-18-2002, 03:37 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

price increase at the 1st of the year? how or why would they do that? now I would expect it for the 2004 model, but thats a different story. who said it would happen mid year?
Old 11-18-2002, 04:42 PM
Intrepid

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A price increase is highly unlikely. Stop worrying.
Old 11-18-2002, 09:03 PM
jimflash

In the usual way of commerce, chances are that purchases for less than MSRP will begin to occur and in turn become the norm. Nissan reportedly wants to sell 30,000 units a year. After the initial highest demand is satiated, normal supply and demand adjustments most likely will cause the selling prices to drop a bit. There is certainly no guarantee in this but if you're a "play the odds" guy, waiting a bit is not a bad move. Until Nissan announces '04 prices, anything is possible but I agree with Intrepid that price increases are unlikely. Life is a gamble and everybody has to bet. Where do you want to lay your money down? When you do get the car you will probably go nuts over it like the rest of us. Relax and enjoy the ride.