Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

US Z owners buying NISMO parts in Canada?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 04:52 AM
lamaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default US Z owners buying NISMO parts in Canada?

GreetZ all,
I live very close to Canada and have some friends that on occasion buy stuff in Canada to get around US tax and take advantage of the once great exchange rate. Does anybody here have any experience buying Nismo parts in Canada and having them installed there?

I am hoping to save some $$$ by driving to Canada (about 1 and a 1/2 hours or so from here) and take my car to a Nissan dealer there and have them install some NISMO parts. The exchange rate (today) is currently:
1 U.S. dollar = 1.18249995 Canadian dollar

I've got the best pricing I can find on the net from all over the US, and then got a local dealer to do a price match on whatever I find. I've been checking out the Canadian Nissan NISMO web page and noted that there is no MSRP listed. Then again I will NEVER pay MSRP on my parts. I also tried doing a search on this forum and found all kinds of hits, but nothing really specific to this subject.

Now, if anybody here has done this then they can tell me if they got their Canadian taxes refunded at the border? Where they able to bring down a Canadian dealer from MSRP? And finally, is it worth it to "run for the border"?

ThankZ in advance,

-LamaZ

Last edited by lamaz; 09-13-2005 at 04:57 AM.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:59 AM
HarvesterUT
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i go to mexico to get prescription pills...hehe jk
Old 09-13-2005, 08:10 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You would have to pre-order the parts first from that Candian dealership, they rarely have any performance parts in, at least it's that way for my local dealership.

Second, you have to calculate is how much money you will be saving minus the tank of gas.

The funny thing is that I was going to do the oppisite of you. I was thinking of ordering rims to a garage in the states and drive down there and get them to install it for me.

Here is an example of the nismo Cold Air Intake that I asked for a quote:

Nismo CAI: $300CDN
Installation: $400CDN
IF they have to remove the bumper for the installation: $200

That's right, they quoted me $900CDN for a frikin CAI, screw that.

And in my opinion... If there is anyway you don't have to deal with the dealership, then go with the other way. At least at my dealership, it seems they have never worked on a 350Z before.