Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Is this a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 05:52 PM
twitch579

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a good deal?

hey guys im a long time Maxima owner about to buy his first Z.

My credit is poor and I found a dealership willing to work with me and get me a decent interest rate.

The Z that they have is PERFECT. Its the exact one I want.

Enthusiast, leather, 6mt, Black on black. Tint, 43000 miles. 2004. Has LSD and No VDC.

Ive been looking around and this is about right on with everybody else's prices. Some I found for 20 but they were pretty tore up with about the same miles. I drove it and its perfect from what I can tell. ALso has brand new Kuhmo tires all around.

I TELL U I DROVE IT FOR ABOUT AN HOUR AND IM IN LOVE! Makes my modded maxima feel like a Slug. ANd my max is a VQ35 also. Its just a totally different expierence. I cant believe I ever thought the max was fun after drving this car.

So basically they want about 21.000 for it. They wont budge at all, I haggled them for 3 hours. Seems like dealerships arent letting these cars go cheap, they selling to quick.

ALso this is right on par kellys blue book. KBB actually said 22,000 suggested retail.

So what do u guys think?

ALso the car was kind of slow starting for the first couple of starts. I was thinking from sitting but really im thinking the battery is on its way out.

Also should I get the extended warranty?? Its only covered for another 18K.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Nic@CiNcity
Banned

I've seen MUCH better prices. Take a look around here for example. Hell, i JUST sold my 04 TT for only $23,000! Deals can be had if you just hold out a little bit. Hang around and get your learn on! Welcome BTW.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:01 PM
twitch579

Ive been searching for the last couple of months. ANd to get anything lower then 20k Theres something wrong with it. Either smoked in or just plain tore up. This ones perfect. I really thought they would come down another 2k but there really locked on.

Also there giving me a litte more for my max then I think its worth. ALso my max has extreme oil loss issues and leaking rear main seal. Also its been driven to DEATH and been in 2 accidents. And there still giving me 11k for it!!

So I do believe Im spending about 2k to much but im willing to take the loss. 3 other dealers I went to wouldnt even talk to me or offered me 8k for my Max.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:03 PM
enuff4life

FYI, I picked up 06 enth brand new for 25.6

considering 04 and 43k miles, it is pretty high priced. and I don't think enth model doesn't come with leather. they are maybe add-ons.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:08 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I picked up an 03 with only 35k touring for 19.7k (21.6ish out the door) and it was in perfect shape too. I just used the rest of the money on modding instead xD once you get it I guarantee you'll be modding within 24hours.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:10 PM
Nic@CiNcity
Banned

If your credit is the problem, maybe you should try fixing that before you go in too deep? My credit is FINALY back above 700 after all the retarded shiz I did over 7 years ago... Stupid me FTL
Old 04-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Spoolin Z

I agree with subrwho.

Fix your credit and take your time getting into a better deal.

I just bought the car in my sig with 20k miles on it for close to the same price you're paying.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:28 PM
twitch579

Hey whats the average life expectancy of these clutches? Are they like mustangs and go every 30k?

About the credit, I had a pretty bad motorcyle accident about 2 years ago and racked up some INSANE high hospital bills. I still havent paid them all off.

ALso just a charge-off from when I was younger and stupid.

My score wont get about 630 with these hospital bills.

The loan there getting me is from a credit union and its a simple interest loan.

Do u guys really think this is that bad of a deal? Its not an american car, miles shouldnt mean THAT much. To me 20k or 40k is excellent and almost like a new car.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:33 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome. Take your time, and keep shopping. I think you can find a 350Z with less than 41,000 miles that is within your budget.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Nic@CiNcity
Banned

Dude, pay your hospital bills and get that score up! Once you get in the top percentage of credit scores, you call the shots! Infact, i'm willing to bet that with the money you put into your bills, you'll get a fair chunk taken off that Z when your credit gets right. Trust me, I'm living proof of why stupid people should not have money. Took me YEARS (and a smart wife), to finaly grow up and figure things out.

Still, if you must do it, the car as it sits should be alright. Be sure to get that warranty though! Who knows what it's been through!??
Old 04-30-2007, 06:46 PM
Spoolin Z

You should pay off the hospital bills first. Try to get your score to a 720+ by getting some credit cards and just use them for daily purchases then pay them off every month. Your score will initially take a hit when you open new lines of credit, however it will be much higher once you start paying off your credit card bills and proving your responsibility.

You really can't afford this car right now and deep in your mind you know that...I hate being the one to say it but from what you've posted so far, it really seems that way.

Learn from subrwho's experience
Old 04-30-2007, 06:58 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please do not take advice from Spoolin. Read this thread for more info below. The guy has no common sense with it comes to financial advice.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....50#post3692650

PS, opening credit cards and paying them off every month is the worst thing for your Credit. You must keep a balance on them even if its small to show that your able to keep a good standing and balance on your credit cards to move your credit into the right direction. Just do not over charge items or owe to much on things.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:02 PM
twitch579

Make plenty of money. With cars I usually always take a hit somehow or another.

I think im gonna do it. My interest rate on my Maxima is 15.84 and this place is offering me around 8%.

i can afford it just fine. I live pretty cheap and have a live in girlfriend who pays half of the bills. My maxima payment is 400+ the z is gonna be around 50 bucks more. Yea ive been pretty bad about paying off the hospital bills but not everyones perfect. Today is actually my birthday and I think this would be a nice gift for me. A Z is my dream car. And my max has been perfect to me since day 1 and never gave me one single problem.

So once again, Whats up with the clutches on these cars??? Whats the life span with a decent driver? What can be expected when its time to replace?? 1500$$???

Last edited by twitch579; 04-30-2007 at 07:05 PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:07 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

If your happy, gooooooooo for it.

There is always a better deal somewhere.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:11 PM
05 NISMO

go for it
Old 04-30-2007, 07:12 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

That would definitely be a smart move to get rid of that 15% interest and switch to the Z. That makes financial sense.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:23 PM
twitch579

Yea owning the Maxima with the interest rate is like a knife in my back. Its like throwing money out the window every month.

After I bought my max the next couple of months I found a hundred better deals. Its like it always works out that way. The minute differences in in a deal dont really make a difference to me. To me finding a used black with black leather (has grey suede center) seats was the deal maker for me. ALSO the 6mt WITH LSD.

IS there anything to look for when driving it?? My main concern is the clutch. Im not famliar with how the clutch feels on this car. I stalled it a couple of times leaving the parking lot. Its been a couple of years since I drove stick so its gonna get some getting used to.

Other then that it felt like a tank. I couldnt believe how good it handled. The steering was perfect. No bodyroll at all. Im a little dissapointed with the Factory stereo and I will be chucking it at first chance. ALso theres not to much room for any kind of sub. ALthough I heard about the bose sub spot and maybe I can rig up something.

The motor looks perfect. Underneath no oil visible anywhere. Also oil smelled clean and clear.

So can anybody anwser that clutch question???

Last edited by twitch579; 04-30-2007 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Spoolin Z

Go to your local credit union and open an account there. You should be able to refinance your maxima at the 8% you would be getting on the Z.

I have an aftermarket clutch so I don't have an answer for you on the clutch question.

PS, opening credit cards and paying them off every month is the worst thing for your Credit. You must keep a balance on them even if its small to show that your able to keep a good standing and balance on your credit cards to move your credit into the right direction. Just do not over charge items or owe to much on things.
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CARRY A BALANCE TO INCREASE YOUR SCORE! It DOES increase your score faster than paying off the card every month, however it will still increase if you pay it off. You should only carry a balance if its a 0% card. There is absolutely no sense in paying interest on a credit card AND a car when you don't need to. Call a credit card company and ask them if you don't believe me.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:03 AM
Fluid1

If your credit is poor, you have ZERO ZERO ZERO business
1. Buying a car
2. Haggling the price

Save your money, pay off your debts, and SAVE and work on your credit. Interest alone will put that car over the 30k price tag in the long run. You'll probably never be able to get out from under the negative unless you seriously reevaluate your financial situation.
Good luck
Old 05-01-2007, 10:10 AM
Spoolin Z

Originally Posted by Fluid1
If your credit is poor, you have ZERO ZERO ZERO business
1. Buying a car
2. Haggling the price

Save your money, pay off your debts, and SAVE and work on your credit. Interest alone will put that car over the 30k price tag in the long run. You'll probably never be able to get out from under the negative unless you seriously reevaluate your financial situation.
Good luck
Sound Advice

Quick Reply: Is this a good deal?