Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Color Choice and Invoice Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 06:52 PM
deckernico

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Color Choice and Invoice Questions

Hey i'm new to the forums and hopefully a new Z owner in a few months. I currently drive a modded 2000 tibby
(decker.onlineshowoff.com)

Anyway, so i've decided on a Z, but i'm thinking about the color. Its boiling down to a blue or a silverstone. I went and test drove a touring redline today. And it was SCHWEEET. But the dealer steered me away from blue because he said, and i quote...
"You don't want a blue, they don't sell well and you'll have a problem selling it later".
I was like WTF ever. Any comments on this? I think the blue's look F*in schweet. But the silverstone if i can't get a blue.

Also the KBB says that Invoice for a basline is 24.8K and retail is 26.2k. The enthusiast is 26.2k and 28k retail. I wanna throw some rims on it later and i don't mind cloth because its really really hot here in GA. Apart from the LSD, is it worth getting the ethusiast or should the baseline be just peachy? I don't plan to take it to the track mutch, but i enjoy haulin some *** every now and then.

Anyway, whats a good price to pay over invoice? i heard that you should pay $400+- over invoice. But that was with more economical cars, dunno about the Z's. They might be more fixed.
Dunno.

All help is extremely appreciated!!!!
thankx guys!
Old 05-03-2003, 08:19 PM
boostd350Z

Non Z owner (yet) here as well, looking for a Daytona Blue...

Strange that the dealer would say that, my guess is that daytona's are hard to allocate and he wanted to sell you a car that was on the lot right then and there rather than look for one. For some reason I can't find a single Daytona in my area for sale by a dealership. It's like they refuse to order them. Daytona is an absolutely beautiful color, I don't understand it. Plenty of Silverstones and Chrome silver's available, but silver cars just don't do it for me.

As for pricing, I haven't really started to dig into it yet, but I never pay over msrp, for any car. The 350Z has been out long enough that if you look around you should be able to find a car for the right price.

I'm only really looking at the Touring and Track models, I like the extra amenities and features. If you don't need the extras, and don't think you will down the line, definitley save your money and get the base Z over the enthusiast. That's a set of rims and tires in that extra 2k you would save with the base.
Old 05-04-2003, 03:09 PM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

1. There are other upgrades, albeit minor, between the two models you are looking at. Do a closer comparison.
2. Blue does have a lower resale value then a silver car. It's simply past history. As far as what color is best for you...dealers are stupid.
3. Depending on your location you should be able to get a price under MSRP (maybe $1000 off) but not $400 over invoice. Just want happen.
Old 05-04-2003, 05:54 PM
deckernico

Sweet, well thankx for the info. I just wanted someone with experience. I don't make it a habbit to trust dealers. But if i can verify enough of what he says, then i can trust him better.
I'll probably go with the silverstone then and eth. model cause i want the LSD and the little doodads.

the offer i got (for the touring model) was $33k. Basically no dealer fees and $500 off sticker. Thats with tax blah blah. Its the touring without spoiler package.

I didn't do any haggling since i wasn't buying then, but i think i could get him down some more. But i really don't want to spend $30+k.