Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

305Z and G35 Coupes Now Available through VPP

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003 | 08:12 AM
Amp

Default 350Z and G35 Coupes Now Available through VPP

I just got off the phone with a Nissan VPP rep. On 12/3/04 the 350Z coupe and G35 coupe were added to the Nissan Business Associate Vehicle Purchase Plan.

The discount on the Z is 2.89% below invoice.

The discount on the G35 is 1.65% below invoice.

It's still up to the dealer whether or not they honor the price.
Old 12-08-2003 | 09:50 AM
meeno

Default Re: 350Z and G35 Coupes Now Available through VPP

Originally posted by Amp
I just got off the phone with a Nissan VPP rep. On 12/3/04 the 350Z coupe and G35 coupe were added to the Nissan Business Associate Vehicle Purchase Plan.

The discount on the Z is 2.89% below invoice.

The discount on the G35 is 1.65% below invoice.

It's still up to the dealer whether or not they honor the price.
whats VPP and who qualifies?
Old 12-08-2003 | 10:24 AM
dchengmd

VPP is kind of like a "Nissan friends and family" discount plan. Lets Nissan employees, their friends and family, and Nissan business associates purchase Nissan and Infiniti cars at a certain percent discount BELOW invoice, so the savings is substantial.

The only caveat is, VPP is a dealer-voluntary program, meaning a dealer does not have to sell a car at the VPP discounted price if he doesn't want to.

If you can find a dealer that will do VPP, and you have someone who works for Nissan that can get you a number, then do it. I got $4000 off MSRP on my Z with VPP.
Old 12-08-2003 | 10:30 AM
junglist350Z

damn it, really wish it was available in april. I had a friends and family hookup then because my uncle was a ex-sales manager and the dealer he used to work at was willing to do it, but VPP wasnt available. oh well
Old 12-08-2003 | 10:32 AM
PhoenixINX

Originally posted by dchengmd
The only caveat is, VPP is a dealer-voluntary program, meaning a dealer does not have to sell a car at the VPP discounted price if he doesn't want to.

If you can find a dealer that will do VPP, and you have someone who works for Nissan that can get you a number, then do it. I got $4000 off MSRP on my Z with VPP.
Note... Nissan doesn't look too highly on dealers that DO NOT honor this. It is just about as bad as giving them a bad score on a survey that is sent out.
Old 12-08-2003 | 11:28 AM
socalsoda

Good luck...
Old 12-08-2003 | 11:32 AM
meeno

someone should hook me up! please!
Old 12-08-2003 | 12:07 PM
jhchan

Damn!!! I just got my ride week before Thanksgiving!!! The dealer said they would have rather given me VPP since they would have made more money (I was getting a really good deal because of extenuating circumstances). I had been checking VPP every month too.
Old 12-08-2003 | 12:35 PM
dchengmd

Originally posted by The Individual
Note... Nissan doesn't look too highly on dealers that DO NOT honor this. It is just about as bad as giving them a bad score on a survey that is sent out.
Then Nissan should have a field day with about 95% of the dealerships here in Southern California. Of the 30+ dealerships I called and asked back in October of this year, only 2 in the entire Los Angeles area, all the way out to Victorville and San Diego, would sell me a Z with the VPP discount. And one of the dealerships was so full of slimy scumbags I would never buy any car there.

I do heartily recommend Power Nissan in Irvine. Top-notch service and sales people, and I wasn't hassled one bit when I told them I wanted to buy a Z with VPP.
Old 12-08-2003 | 02:58 PM
thefrush

Anyone in the Santa Cruz/San Jose area work for Nissan and want to hook me up? I promise you a nice commission to take home. Tax-free...
Old 12-08-2003 | 06:18 PM
ChicagoG35c

I saw the VPP pricing mentioned on the freshalloy forums. According to one of the dealers, if a non-VPP member is buying the car the person eligible for VPP must cosign. The number alone won't allow you to get the car for VPP.
Old 12-08-2003 | 08:57 PM
Cheever

Also, the amount you end up paying is not below invoice.
Old 12-08-2003 | 09:03 PM
___DJK___

Originally posted by Cheever
When the dust settles, the amount you end up paying is slightly below invoice.
Old 12-08-2003 | 09:07 PM
dchengmd

Originally posted by ChicagoG35c
I saw the VPP pricing mentioned on the freshalloy forums. According to one of the dealers, if a non-VPP member is buying the car the person eligible for VPP must cosign. The number alone won't allow you to get the car for VPP.
That's not entirely correct. I don't work for Nissan, but I managed to get my VPP discount through a friend of mine who does work for them. Here's the process:

1. Call up friend, ask him for VPP number.
2. Friend fills out online form with Nissan, leaving his name, employee number, and other information, as well as my name, address, and phone number (the person who will be using the VPP number).
3. Once all this information is entered, my friend gets assigned a VPP number right away. He calls me and tells me what it is.
4. I pick up a business card from my friend.
5. Go to dealership, tell the fleet manager you want to buy a car under VPP. Give them the number and business card.

That's it. I didn't need a co-signature and my friend did not need to be present. Nissan already had my friend's name and identifying information on file in their VPP database after he entered it online.
Old 12-08-2003 | 09:08 PM
dchengmd

Uh, yes it is. For a Z the discount ends up being a little bit under 3% below invoice.

Where are you getting your information from?
Old 12-09-2003 | 03:09 PM
Cheever

I get my info from Nissan (ie. I know engineers, accountants, buyers, people working on the line, even a Senior VP at NNA, etc) .

Where do you get your info?

Have you bought a car via VPP? I bought a 2000 Nissan Maxima.

Will you be buying a another car soon via VPP? I'm in the process of purchasing a G35 Coupe right now.

I guess techinally VPP price is below invoice for certain people. I do know that NNA employees get the more favorable discount percentages ( 4.3% and 3.58%). In addition, NNA employees will get an additional discount if the vehicle was made in the good ol' USA.

Cheever
Old 12-09-2003 | 04:18 PM
dchengmd

I get my info from Nissan (ie. I know engineers, accountants, buyers, people working on the line, even a Senior VP at NNA, etc) .

Where do you get your info?
I got my info from myself. I purchased my 2004 Z through VPP and got $4000 off MSRP, which, like I said before, was about 3% BELOW invoice. Or are you calling me a liar?

Have you bought a car via VPP? I bought a 2000 Nissan Maxima.
See above. Took delivery of the car on October 14, 2003.

Will you be buying a another car soon via VPP? I'm in the process of purchasing a G35 Coupe right now.
No, I'm not buying another car with VPP anytime soon. I just did.
Old 12-09-2003 | 05:12 PM
sm16

Originally posted by dchengmd
I got my info from myself. I purchased my 2004 Z through VPP and got $4000 off MSRP, which, like I said before, was about 3% BELOW invoice. Or are you calling me a liar?

See above. Took delivery of the car on October 14, 2003.

No, I'm not buying another car with VPP anytime soon. I just did.
I think what he might mean is that after TTL, it's just a little above invoice.
Old 12-09-2003 | 05:55 PM
Cheever

I still don't know how you're arriving at 3% BELOW invoice. As you stated above, you are not a NNA employee. So, I'll price as though you bought under the C plan of VPP.

From my understanding, you price the car at dealers cost (assume $30000 ) . Then apply the discount of 2.87% ( the correct rate as of Apr 2003), such that we're now at $29139. Now add back in 2.5%. So, we're now at $29,867. Then add back in destination $545. The following fee is why I say you didn't get it below invoice. Now you must add in the marketing fee, which is somewhere around $200, which I believe depends upon region. $200 is the lowest I've seen.

So ignoring destination charge, the price of the car in the above example is 29,867 + 200 =30,067 . Thus, ABOVE the invoice stated at the beginning of the example. It's even more above invoice if your dealer cost was lower than $30,000.

How about we settle that it costs right around invoice ? Not 3% below.

Cheever
Old 12-09-2003 | 07:40 PM
n8vz

I got mine CS Track back in May this year through VPP at Power Nissan in Irvine, CA. I basically called them and pickup the car next day(whole transaction took 30min.) their fleet manager was great. Although i was paying about invoice + 4% charges + Tax.

Quick Reply: 305Z and G35 Coupes Now Available through VPP