Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Buying Z help. 2 seater prob?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 05:40 PM
superstuddc27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying Z help. 2 seater prob?

Im planning to buy a Z soon but there are two main issues that concern me. One : price. Two: Convenience.

One : Im deciding between the base and the enthusiast. and i did some auto loan calculations and stuff and if i can score a BASE model for 25,000 and 3.99% APR and 7% tax (in California) with a 6000 downpayment, then the monthly would be $382 a month. And 8000 downpayment would bring that down to $342 a month. The apr i really don't worry much because im actually going to use my dad's credit (which is pretty much flawless, 750 + or something), and the downpay i can settle anywhere between 6000-8000. That's the BASE scenario.
Now the Enthusiast, I would have to be able to find one for 27,000. 8000 down (with all the rest the same as above), and it would be about $384 a month.
question is: is it possible for me to find an NEW enthus. (2004) for around $27000? I hope through "dealing" with the dealers, and the tips i learned from this forum, i can... hopefully :P

Two: For those of you that have a Z cpe/roadster, S2000 etc. how convenient is it using a 2 seater? I mean are there ANY difficulties or uncomfortable situations? (assume im a college student). Is it comfortable to go places with family, friends, carry things in the back... etc? any thing at all i would like to know.
well thanks
-david
Old 02-07-2004, 05:45 PM
timmah99

Im in the same boat as you. I don't know whether to get the 350z or G35. First i wanted the 350z then g35, then 350z, then g35, and now im back to the 350z.
Old 02-07-2004, 05:52 PM
dchengmd

Default Re: Buying Z help. 2 seater prob?

Originally posted by superstuddc27
For those of you that have a Z cpe/roadster, S2000 etc. how convenient is it using a 2 seater? I mean are there ANY difficulties or uncomfortable situations? (assume im a college student). Is it comfortable to go places with family, friends, carry things in the back... etc? any thing at all i would like to know.
well thanks
-david
It's comfortable to go places with family or friends, as long as the number of family/friends is limited to one person. You will not be able to fit more than that in this car, nor would you want to - for safety and comfort reasons.

As for space, yes, the amount of trunk space is very small compared to a sedan or other sport compacts, and I had the same concern when I bought my Z. However, it's now been 5 months and I don't think any space issues have ever come up. Of course, it helps that I have another car (wife's Camry) if I do need the additional storage.

You will have enough space to store a softside carryone or two, a trunkload of groceries, or even a golf bag, but that's about it. You won't be able to store anything like a bike, however. If the Z is going to be your only car, and you anticipate carrying a lot of stuff (like if you're a college student that needs to move during the summer and fall), then you should seriously reconsider and maybe look at other cars with a little more space.
Old 02-07-2004, 06:17 PM
NzZ

Default Re: Buying Z help. 2 seater prob?

1. Get the enthusiast, you'll thank yourself. You can do it for $27k, just shop around and be patient.

2. I am in a very similar situation to you. I have had 0 problems with the Z. Most of my friends have cars, and if a bunch of us go out several people end up driving so the 2 seater thing is not a big problem. Furthermore, for a 2 seater car, the Z's storage capacity is HUGE. Go look at an s2k or a Z4 and you'll see what I'm talking about. Just don't expect to be able to haul a bicycle around.

Aside from the two small rear seats (not that great) the G35 offers no more practicality. I won't argue it's other merits, that has been done ad nauseum in other threads. Let me put it this way...if you're young enough at heart (or in age) that you actually get excited driving, you need a Z.

NzZ

Originally posted by superstuddc27
Im planning to buy a Z soon but there are two main issues that concern me. One : price. Two: Convenience.

One : Im deciding between the base and the enthusiast. and i did some auto loan calculations and stuff and if i can score a BASE model for 25,000 and 3.99% APR and 7% tax (in California) with a 6000 downpayment, then the monthly would be $382 a month. And 8000 downpayment would bring that down to $342 a month. The apr i really don't worry much because im actually going to use my dad's credit (which is pretty much flawless, 750 + or something), and the downpay i can settle anywhere between 6000-8000. That's the BASE scenario.
Now the Enthusiast, I would have to be able to find one for 27,000. 8000 down (with all the rest the same as above), and it would be about $384 a month.
question is: is it possible for me to find an NEW enthus. (2004) for around $27000? I hope through "dealing" with the dealers, and the tips i learned from this forum, i can... hopefully :P

Two: For those of you that have a Z cpe/roadster, S2000 etc. how convenient is it using a 2 seater? I mean are there ANY difficulties or uncomfortable situations? (assume im a college student). Is it comfortable to go places with family, friends, carry things in the back... etc? any thing at all i would like to know.
well thanks
-david
Old 02-07-2004, 08:19 PM
CelticPride2

Much like yourself, I was a little concerned about the practicality aspects of the Z when I was shopping around. After 9 months of ownership, however, I've come to realize that the Z has all the storage capacity I need. In the event I need to pack for a road trip, I have a couple of big hockey-sized duffle bags that fit back there perfectly. I've heard a few rumors about a set of fitted luggage for the Z coming soon, but I've yet to actually see any.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:06 PM
samw1978

The most stuff I'll carry is a backpack for school most of the times, and my gf is my only passenger here 90% of the times, so Z is practical enough for me
Old 02-07-2004, 10:33 PM
superstuddc27

thanks for the replies. still would like more feedback on the base or enthus choice hehe.
well moving in the summer and fall and stuff shouldn't be a problem. my parents have a van and a camry i prolly can borrow anytime. and i won't be needing it cept for that moving during summer/fall. and going places.... im sure others will drive right? aha