Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Zaino In Cold Weather ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 01:03 PM
devaraj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino In Cold Weather ???

My new 350Z is scheduled to arrive in late February or early March. I have been following the threads about Zaino and will certainly use their products. However, since my car will arrive during very cold weather, I would like opinions about how I should proceed. It will be too cold in February for both the Zaino and me (I live in Philadelphia). I really don't want to be outside waxing the car in 20 - 30 degree temperatures.

Should I drive the car for about a month with no paint protection, and they clay bar it and apply Zaino when the weather gets a bit warmer? Please give me some ideas. Also, would the ZFX Accelerant be a good idea during the cold weather? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-03-2002, 02:04 PM
Kevin V

I've applied Zaino in the mid 30's before with no problems except for me freezing my .....

The cold will make it very difficult to clay the car, so I'd skip that until weather is a little better, but add a coat of polish to help protect the finish until you have more cooperative weather.

Try and borrow a friends garage to prep it and put a coat of polish or two on it.
Old 11-03-2002, 04:13 PM
vicmar90

I clayed and put 2 coats of Zaino on a car today in Connecticut. Everything went well. I did use ZFX which helps speed up the drying process.
Victor
Old 11-05-2002, 03:41 PM
mwaller

I'd definitely use ZFX unless you want to do one coat per day. Be careful, though, that moisture doesn't condense on your car due to the cold weather. I recently tried Zaino-ing my car in the evening, and had a heck of a time finishing up because dew would form on the roof.
Mika
Old 11-05-2002, 04:17 PM
devaraj

Thanks for everyones input. I will certainly use the ZFX to accelerate drying time. However, my most pressing question is about not putting anything on the car until the weather warms up (possibly in late April). Is it OK to drive the car around with no Zaino or wax protection for about a month? My 350Z will be garaged every night, but might be exposed to pollution and dirt during the day. Can I let it go during the first month and then give it a good clay bar & Zaino treatment?

I know that many prople take their cars right home from the dealer and give them a 10 hour Zaino treatment the same day, but I probably won't be able to do that because of freezing temperatures. Any comments about this ????
Old 11-05-2002, 06:42 PM
Kevin Overall

Originally posted by devaraj
Thanks for everyones input. I will certainly use the ZFX to accelerate drying time. However, my most pressing question is about not putting anything on the car until the weather warms up (possibly in late April). Is it OK to drive the car around with no Zaino or wax protection for about a month? My 350Z will be garaged every night, but might be exposed to pollution and dirt during the day. Can I let it go during the first month and then give it a good clay bar & Zaino treatment?

I know that many prople take their cars right home from the dealer and give them a 10 hour Zaino treatment the same day, but I probably won't be able to do that because of freezing temperatures. Any comments about this ????

Will the car surface survive? probably Will the car be REALLY hard to clean up in the spring, YES!

I have broken ice in my garden hose to wash a car in the winter, so I would slap a coat of Z-2 or Z-5 on the car if I had to tough it out, if it where mine.