Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Buying a clear bra? read this first!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2002, 02:32 PM
John Lehne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a clear bra? read this first!

I just wanted to offer some advice for anyone who is considering purchasing a clear bra for their Z.
If you have a local 3M distributor in your city I would check with them as well to see what price they will sell it to you for.
I recently ordered the hood and bumper kit through Xpel for $549.90 uninstalled. While on their website searching for a local installer in St. Louis, I found a local distributor here in St. Louis that is the clear bra installer for the largest Porsche and BMW dealership here in town. He sold me the bumper kit and the hood kit for a total of $399.00 and $150.00 for the install.
Needless to say, I cancelled my order through Xpel.
Check it out and save some $$$$
Old 12-13-2002, 04:29 PM
Dean

Xpel kits on www.xpel.com represent highly inflated, retail prices to consumers. You can bet that Reflex Enterprises (aka Xpel) charges much less to licensed installers.

Krinkov (Jeremy) was kind enough to have an early group buy for the entire Xpel kit (including bumper, hood, mirrors and headlights) for $275. It's too bad the group buy ended so soon.

Remember, it's not the pattern or raw material that's important when choosing the clear bra. It's the quality of the installer.

Dean
Old 12-13-2002, 04:43 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by Dean
Remember, it's not the pattern or raw material that's important when choosing the clear bra. It's the quality of the installer.
Exactly, I had it done for free because of interest in getting templates made by a company and I ended up taking it somewhere else and paid to have a new on installed. Also make sure what kind of install they are doing as some I have seen lay on top of the hood leaving visible edges all around the hood while mine was wraped around the edges of the hood so all you see is the line across the middle of the hood.
Old 12-16-2002, 11:57 AM
irishfan

I just had mine done using the XPEL kit in Indianapolis, and paid the retail price for the kits - very expensive indeed. If you can get the kits wholesale and still use an experienced installer, that is a great idea - as for $150 for your install, I hope you aren't getting what you paid for (which is not much).

I probably could have found someone to do it for less, but it wasn't worth a couple hundred bucks for the risk of an inexperienced installer. What made it worth it was the installer, who has quite a bit of experience, a few Zs under his belt already, and excellent references. He also threw in a bunch of extra work at no charge.
Old 12-17-2002, 01:37 AM
ATC Ken

Paid $445.00 installed (hood, bumper, light kit, and mirrors) here in Houston. The installer/owner of the company that did my car (company is called Clear Tech Pro-owner is Steve Perez) also added some "custom" pieces and replaced the Nissan installed rocker panels for free with a higher grade mil custom template.

For those in and around the Houston area - high recommendation from me for this company.

Ken