Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Just tried the California "Jelly Blade" Water blade. A+

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 03:55 PM
phreaktor
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

How did you manage to get a California Water Blade in WV?

Old 05-13-2008, 04:13 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

The other big trick I like to use is a leaf blower. It gets all the water out of every little crack, crevice and opening on the car that holds water.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:15 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
The other big trick I like to use is a leaf blower. It gets all the water out of every little crack, crevice and opening on the car that holds water.
yeah i read that often on car/detailing forums but.. i has no leafblower.. and i don't really want to buy one. the people on my street already think i'm a freak for spending the time that i do on my car.. i don't want them to mistake me for their gardeners

also, curious: do leafblowers have filters? because you're basically sucking in air out of one end and forcing it out high speeds out the other... right? so if the air is dusty, dirty, full of pollen or particles, you're just expelling those little pieces of crap at your car at a very high speed... or am i missing something here.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:24 PM
BlueBoxer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onedirtyz
yeah i read that often on car/detailing forums but.. i has no leafblower.. and i don't really want to buy one. the people on my street already think i'm a freak for spending the time that i do on my car.. i don't want them to mistake me for their gardeners

also, curious: do leafblowers have filters? because you're basically sucking in air out of one end and forcing it out high speeds out the other... right? so if the air is dusty, dirty, full of pollen or particles, you're just expelling those little pieces of crap at your car at a very high speed... or am i missing something here.

A electric leaf blower works great, unfortunately I live in a desert environment where that is not as feasible. Even in my garage i don't want to risk sand blasting my finish. lol

I just go with the waffle weave towels.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:17 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by blasian
"Let me test this new thing I got"
Yeah, notice I tested it on the GF's car....

<--- Sorry bastid
Old 05-15-2008, 07:19 AM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by j.arnaldo
Has everyone forgotten 'bout good old chamois?...
Yes...
Old 05-15-2008, 07:24 AM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by mikie92102
+1000000000000000000 I have like 3 of those dam things. One for the paint, one for the wheels and door jams, and one for things under the hood, misc.
+1. I love the Absorber. I resently replace the old 6 or 7-year-old one I had. Those things can take a beating. The only complaint I have is having to wring it out so much. This is why I was looking into the Water Blade. I'll probably not use it anymore though.

On a side note, 3 oversized micro fiber towels get the car dried pretty quick. My thing is, I hate wringing the damn things out(absorber). I want to just pass over the cover once or twice with the same towel and be done with it. I can deal with using 3 towels and just letting them air dry down in the garage. I guess that's what I'll have to do for now on....
Old 05-15-2008, 07:25 AM
VO...
Administrator

hell i even sit there and pick the fluff and anything else off my microfiber cloths after they come out of the washer/dryer.
Have you ever noticed the damn dryer sheets always end up sticking to the micro fiber towels?
Old 05-15-2008, 07:28 AM
VO...
Administrator

You can purchase a small 15 or 16 gallon air compressor also. At 125 psi, that bad boy will blow all the annoying water out of crevises. You know, the annoying water that seeps out after you've dried your car, then take a test spin around the block.

I spray the areas around the side mirrors, door handles, head and tail lights, badges, and the entire wheel/caliper area...
Old 05-15-2008, 09:19 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Originally Posted by vo7848
You can purchase a small 15 or 16 gallon air compressor also. At 125 psi, that bad boy will blow all the annoying water out of crevises. You know, the annoying water that seeps out after you've dried your car, then take a test spin around the block.

I spray the areas around the side mirrors, door handles, head and tail lights, badges, and the entire wheel/caliper area...
actually no, i dry the majority of the water out of the crevices.. and wheels, under the hood, under the hatch, in the gas door area thingy, under/around the side view mirrors [point them in, dry, point out, dry, repeat] etc etc etc.

im slightly obsessive about drying.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:23 AM
VO...
Administrator

actually no, i dry the majority of the water out of the crevices.. and wheels, under the hood, under the hatch, in the gas door area thingy, under/around the side view mirrors [point them in, dry, point out, dry, repeat] etc etc etc.

im slightly obsessive about drying.
Whateva girl. You know some water ends up streaking the side of your car when the wind hits it as your driving. There's always alittle water tucked under the side Z emblem or behind you side mirrors..

Old 05-15-2008, 09:26 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

nope. i win!
Old 05-15-2008, 10:08 AM
KManZ
Banned

A grain of pollen is microscopic. Not sure it will scratch the paint haha I still wouldn't use this thing though.. also say no to the Cali Duster!

Originally Posted by vo7848
Whateva girl. You know some water ends up streaking the side of your car when the wind hits it as your driving. There's always alittle water tucked under the side Z emblem or behind you side mirrors..

This KILLS me dead every time. I dry the hell out of the car... open the hatch, doors and gas tank, shimmy the drying cloth under the mirrors, between the tail lights etc... but I haven't been able to get the space between the mirrors and door and like you said, as soon as I take a drive, the Z pisses on each door, killing my detailing job Oh well, it gets covered in pollen within an hour anyway, but STILL!

I used to use the Absorber, but noticed that it leaves hologram-like smears after I pass it over the paint. Looks like someone did a bad buffer job haha. I have used Meguiar's WW Cloth since I bought the new Z, and love it except for the wringing out part.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:06 PM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by KManZ

This KILLS me dead every time. I dry the hell out of the car... open the hatch, doors and gas tank, shimmy the drying cloth under the mirrors, between the tail lights etc... but I haven't been able to get the space between the mirrors and door and like you said, as soon as I take a drive, the Z pisses on each door, killing my detailing job
Werd. If you ever get ahold of an air compressor, use it. It'll save you the grief...
Old 05-15-2008, 12:12 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

no one's answered this.. i have a compressor at home actually [for the nail gun.. yes, i know how to use a nail gun] so i could rig it to work as an air blower thingy i suppose. but... answer my damn question people.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:51 PM
1cleanz

yes you can can use it as a air blower. and no you dont have to rig it lol. go out to lowes or home dept and go the the section they have the nail guns and air compressors and buy a kit for the hose that comes with connectors and so fourth and a air trigger. this is what you need the tirrger is great the air builds and you can blow air at will. the kits are like 10$ i bought one the other day every thing you need is in there. unless you need a hose
Old 05-20-2008, 10:00 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

wtf @ your forum handle being the opposite of mine.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

wtf @ your forum handle being the opposite of mine.

Are you jealous you're not innocent enough for that handle?
Old 05-20-2008, 10:11 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

what?
Old 05-20-2008, 10:19 PM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

nevermind, over your head.

Quick Reply: Just tried the California "Jelly Blade" Water blade. A+