Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

!!BEST!! Wax for Black?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 05:27 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DraGonAlchemist
let me put it this way. .i live in NJ where the weather's not always nice. .and it's always dirt flying around on all the roads. .i just had a new bumper painted and already rocked up. . so far i like to use Meguir's # 7 polish. .cause it's easy to use by hand comes off easy and looks shiny as hell. .and the Swirls you get is caused by the swirling motion. .i was told to use #7 in a back n forth motion to apply and take off. .and so far car looks amazing. .i'll redo it on a nice day cause it's raining here and i'll take some pix. ..
what you have to understand is that you are not going to take out swirls with your hand... You need to use some type of fast machine. Black will have swirls and scratches that your hand could never touch. If you are using a wax or whatever that you actually see an improvement, they contain fillers that cover up minor swirls that will be washed away the next time you wash your car.

What i don't understand and hope you can explain to me is that you said you in another thread that we were arguing is that you had a Makita pro rotary. Having this, why are you using products by hand and why are you using crappy polish? Anyone who knows how to use a rotary would have the mindset to actually use good products. Was I right that you really don't have a Makita and dont' know how to use a rotary? I mean, I don't really care if you were lying, i'm just trying ot help you out on your car.

got the makita pro buffing machine. .got it from my snap on dealer. .nu finish lasts for like a year so they say. .but i buff mine so much that if there were a NUKE war. .i'd be the only one driving around. .Radiation would slide right off the Z!!

Last edited by SuperBlack350z; 01-13-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:40 PM
DraGonAlchemist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you need a new hobby man. .i do have a Makita. .and the reason im using my hand is cause it's easier for a quickie. .#7 shines good as hell to my eyes. .and sometimes it's a real Pain in the *** to bust out the Makita 6sp no less. .and if your heart so desires i'll take pictures for you. .but wait here's one. . Bottom LEFT CORNER!!!. .Ooooo what that Look like???? A simple ? was of preference to those who like what they use so i was asking for an opinion and so far Zaino seems to WIN so perhaps this week i'll try it. .and see what it does. .so SUPERBLACK. .would u like me to use my hand or my makita? either way the Creams still the same!!!

Last edited by DraGonAlchemist; 01-13-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:45 PM
SuperBlack350z

The makita is way easier than your hand. That's the beauty of a rotary. That's why i even choose a rotary over a DA PC. I can knock out rotary job in no time. But if your swirls aren't too bad, a DA with some light polish and a white pad will do the job. Still much better than using your hand. The only way i would use my hand is for a LSP.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:57 PM
SuperBlack350z

btw, if you haven't noticed, the clear on our year nissans aren't forgiving at all. I don't see how you can see any type of difference using your hand. A machine moves about 100-1000 times faster than your hand can ever move in a minute. If you go search on detailing forums, Pro detailers hate the clear on superblack Zs and the black on g35's. They are very hard to work with. Using an aggressive wool pad sometime seems the only way to get 95% swirls out. I have found a way of using a less aggressive pad with more aggressive polish to get every last bit of imperfections out.

It's like our black gets scratches and swirls easy but is very hard to get out. When using polish by hand, all you really doing is marring up your paint which makes it look horrible in the sun.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:09 PM
Sickboy101

Received 88 Likes on 42 Posts

Check out this product called Crystal Glo. I've used it on my Silver Z and the results were outstanding. Hands down the best paint protection that I've tried.

http://crystal-glo.com/can/auto/
Old 01-13-2008, 06:30 PM
DraGonAlchemist

perhaps. . .but the # 7. .i just put it on wait a minute and wipe it off. .and bam Shine!. .it's good for real quick work. .sometimes after a hard day of work man thats all i feel like doin. . is shining it up .
Old 01-13-2008, 06:52 PM
350ZPK

try rejex ...trust me blows zaino outta the water.

I've tried both and i would have to say rejex is nice
Old 01-13-2008, 07:13 PM
SuperBlack350z

perhaps. . .but the # 7. .i just put it on wait a minute and wipe it off. .and bam Shine!. .it's good for real quick work. .sometimes after a hard day of work man thats all i feel like doin. . is shining it up .
Old 01-13-2008, 08:29 PM
DraGonAlchemist

whatever man.. . laff it up. . it's kinda pointless to post a thread with ignorant people like u stalking the posts. .simple questions turn into battles of whose right and whose wrong. .look mr sales man. .how about you answer my ? and sell me a good pitch on what to use. .not criticize my opinion on something that i've used whether it's good or bad. .instead of making me feel less superior to your knowledge hows about you help me out on the professions of dtailing. . thats all i ask. .
Old 01-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Anomaly

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Since you're in Jersey, why not try something like Collinite 845IW?

Cheap, very durable, and leaves a bright, reflective finish.

I've been impressed with Meguiar's #21, too.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:36 PM
TheBlackPearlZ
Banned

for the rejex
Old 01-14-2008, 03:05 AM
ZSpectrum

Pinnacle souveran, Im not a zaino fan. I had to top it with a carnuba or I couldnt look at it. Heres my old z with zaino, it was topped with meguiars #26 yellow carnuba.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:06 AM
ZSpectrum

whatever man.. . laff it up. . it's kinda pointless to post a thread with ignorant people like u stalking the posts. .simple questions turn into battles of whose right and whose wrong. .look mr sales man. .how about you answer my ? and sell me a good pitch on what to use. .not criticize my opinion on something that i've used whether it's good or bad. .instead of making me feel less superior to your knowledge hows about you help me out on the professions of dtailing. . thats all i ask. .
You should move this to pms, Superblack350 is who taught me 90% of what I know about detailing, if you where to pm him and ask him something he would give you a non my350z type answer. He is the only person who would detail my car if I couldnt do it myself.

BTW your car looks very good.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:23 AM
DraGonAlchemist

[QUOTE=ZSpectrum]Pinnacle souveran, Im not a zaino fan. I had to top it with a carnuba or I couldnt look at it. Heres my old z with zaino, it was topped with meguiars #26 yellow carnuba.

looks nice. .but do u leave the wax build up between the body parts? gas door. .rear light and bottom bumper.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:45 AM
SuperBlack350z

No pun intended with that comment. Just thought it was funny. Like i said before, i'm here to help you out. I have a black z so i know everything about this paint already. 98% of other black Zs i see ,their paint is messed up in the sunlight. People always ask me how my paint is always in new condition. It's the fact that ti's machine polished and not by hand. If your paint is already in good condition (in sunlight or equivilent), then you would just need protection and can be used by hand. Other wise, stop using polishes by hand. Our clear gets easily marred up and it would look even worse.

You just seem like a know it all while being very clueless about things. If you notice, i haven't said anything bad about you since the thread on axles. Maybe you hold grudges over the internet or something.

Last edited by SuperBlack350z; 01-14-2008 at 03:56 AM.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:48 AM
SuperBlack350z

Originally Posted by Anomaly
Since you're in Jersey, why not try something like Collinite 845IW?

Cheap, very durable, and leaves a bright, reflective finish.

I've been impressed with Meguiar's #21, too.
Very good product Anomaly. Forgot about Collinite. It's good durable stuff.

Originally Posted by ZSpectrum
Pinnacle souveran, Im not a zaino fan. I had to top it with a carnuba or I couldnt look at it. Heres my old z with zaino, it was topped with meguiars #26 yellow carnuba.

+1 Not a zaino person myself. I don't see how these other people like their polishes. The only thing good is the durability but that's like if you put on 6 coats. There is much better for the money. Thanks Zspectrum.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:05 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Anyone ever try. .3M or Dupont?
Old 01-14-2008, 04:17 AM
SuperBlack350z

Anyone ever try. .3M or Dupont?
3m professional/bodyshop series is good. Their glazes are great.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:32 PM
ZSpectrum

[QUOTE=DraGonAlchemist]
Originally Posted by ZSpectrum

looks nice. .but do u leave the wax build up between the body parts? gas door. .rear light and bottom bumper.
I had just taken off the meguiars #26 and hadnt taken it out of the seems. And there was nothing behind the gas door, just dirty. And then you look at the picture below it, and all the residues gone. WOOHOO

Last edited by ZSpectrum; 01-14-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:34 PM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
3m professional/bodyshop series is good. Their glazes are great.
Ive heard good things about 3m swirl remover.

Quick Reply: !!BEST!! Wax for Black?