Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Car covers???

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 02:41 PM
jbjam02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Car covers???

Well, I just moved into a new apartment place in Oregon and am going to have no cover for my car . Searched a bit but couldnt seem to find any threads about car covers.. I have never used one before but it seems a shame to leave a nice new z exposed to Oregon weather. Anyone have any advice on the car cover tech . I heard a rumor they can scratch your car etc. and I dont want this, any recomendations etc?
-Thx
Old 08-09-2003, 04:16 PM
DanceRemix

let me just tell you the truth....it's not worth it. you can only put it on when the car is clean...which is very hard to keep up with, especially if you have a lot of trees. i live in florida, right near the beach, so i figured i should get it to protect it from the salt, sun, etc....yeah, i used it the first month i had the car, it's really easy to put on...but truthfully...you won't use it much longer than that. and you can ask anyone that knows me...i love my car more than the oxygen i breathe!!!!! but i'm looking at the cover as we speak..which has been sitting in my room for months, since it has been raining almost every single day. (and i even got it cheap from the dealer!!)
just my experience with the car cover....
Old 08-09-2003, 04:57 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

I would highly advise a car cover? Get the one at the dealer, its customed fitted, even has a Z emblem, mirror slots, and an antenna slot. It was pricey @ $200 but well worth it. Heck I even use it in my garage. I have cats, and don't wont the scratches. But it works great at repelling the rain/snow. Make sure you get a cable and lock so it stays tied down.

Good luck. Also talk with your salesman, and see about getting it @ dealer price.
Old 08-09-2003, 08:15 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have the covercraft noah and i love it

get one from our sponsor strictlyz.com

victor
Old 08-10-2003, 10:55 AM
DmitryZ

Originally posted by DanceRemix
let me just tell you the truth....it's not worth it. you can only put it on when the car is clean...which is very hard to keep up with, especially if you have a lot of trees. i live in florida, right near the beach, so i figured i should get it to protect it from the salt, sun, etc....yeah, i used it the first month i had the car, it's really easy to put on...but truthfully...you won't use it much longer than that. and you can ask anyone that knows me...i love my car more than the oxygen i breathe!!!!! but i'm looking at the cover as we speak..which has been sitting in my room for months, since it has been raining almost every single day. (and i even got it cheap from the dealer!!)
just my experience with the car cover....
I agree. My car cover has been sitting around for a while.

Although, I must admit that I found the cover useful a couple of times. Our driveway has lots of trees and when I go away on business trips my car has all sorts of bird crap and tree junk on it when I get back. I put the cover on whenever I leave my car sitting around for more that 3 days even if it is slightly dirty (you have to be careful and not let the cover slide too much on your car if it is dirty). I figure minor scratches are better that tree sap and bird crap (last time I left my car under a tree for so long, it took me 3 hours with a clay bar to get everything out).

I also like to use it after I wash and Zaino my car if I am not going to drive it right away. Keep that shine as long as possible.

I figure it’s a tradeoff between what kind of surface imperfections you will get over time. I take a few little scratches that Zaino readily hides over repeatedly claying my car.

As far as everyday use goes, I agree with DanceRemix – you probably won’t use it – waay too many scratches compared to using the car cover occasionally.

If you do get one, I strongly recommend the Nissan Car cover. It is very easy to put on, fits like a glove and has a license plate window (FYI: Since you live in apartment you might be required to have your plates show through when you put your cover on. Some states also require a license plate window if you park your car on the street.).

Dmitry
Old 08-10-2003, 03:36 PM
jbjam02

Guess I will end up getting one then; just only use it when I store her for awhile. Thanks for all the input . Now the debate of getting it from the dealer or strictlyz.com.
Old 08-13-2003, 07:09 AM
Car Crafters

I am an owner of a new Infiniti G35 Coupe, and am very aware of the problems we all face on a daily basis avoiding stone chips destroying the beautiful front of our cars.

My Company, Car Crafters is a Distributor, and Installer for a product that will totally eliminate the possibility of getting chips, and scratches all over your New Z.

The product is called Invinca-Shield which is manufactured by 3M.
http://www.invinca-shield.com/index.htm

I can't say enough about this Product, it's totally transparent, and you car will look like brand new for many years to come. You just spent alot of money on your Z, now protect it properly.

As others have mentioned the most important part of using any type of clear bra is the installation. I have been doing this for 4 years now, and I can't tell you how many people bring their cars to me to fix poor installations done by other unskilled poorly trained installers. I guarantee my installations 100%. To date I have done 46 350Z's and 53 G35 Coupes.

There are several kits with various options that can be done on a 350Z. The most Basic is the "Standard Kit" for $171.00. The second is the "Deluxe kit" for $408.00. Then there are assorted "Optional Pieces that can be installed. The Full "Optional Pieces Kit" is $142.00. Please see the 2 links below.

http://www.invinca-shield.com/asp/genkit.asp?kit=3244

Basically what you are looking to do is cover areas that would be most susceptible to stones, bugs, salt, and sand. Obviously it is in my best interest if you buy every option, but I honestly wouldn't recommend it. It's really total overkill. If you were to have the entire optional pieces kit installed it would cost $142.00.

The only other options that allot of people order is #8 Cab Top for $42.00 which protects the front portion of the roof, #10 Upper Mirror for $10.00, and #11 Lower Mirror for $11.00. If you click on the link below, you will see a diagram with all the prices for everything on your car.

http://www.invinca-shield.com/asp/genkit.asp?kit=3244-1

Just to let you know about how I do business. First, and foremost I am an automotive enthusiast, so I am probably one of the pickiest people you will ever meet. I do every car with the same precision that I would do my own vehicle. It is in my own best interest to do an exceptional job for you. I get the majority of my business from referrals from happy customers, in addition if I do not do a perfect job the first time, I will only have to come back to do it all over again.

We have mobile units in the NY, NJ, Conn areas, as well as the entire state of Florida. Feel free to e-mail or phone me at the number and e-mail address below for a free quote, and happy motoring.

Frank O'Grady
Phone: 732-778-2895
carcrafters@comcast.net