Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Best products to wash/clean

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003 | 11:21 AM
Melissa

Question Best products to wash/clean

I just got a Z, only had her 2 weeks tomorrow. What are the best products to wash/clean her with?
Old 08-15-2003 | 12:00 PM
ChadO

In my opinion, the best and most attainable wash is Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo and Conditioner. I wash my car with a sheepskin mit using one bucket full of suds, and another full of clean water to rinse the sheepskin mit. On the horizontal surfaces of the car I wash from front to back (NO CIRCLES), and on the vertical surfaces I wash from top to bottom. I then dry with a California Water Blade followed by a Big Blue Towel.
Old 08-15-2003 | 12:05 PM
flynnibus
Z Flier
Premier Member

yeah.. what he said

two buckets is key.. any any any brown or grime in your mitt.. rinse it right away. Rinse between every suds dunk too.
Old 08-15-2003 | 12:05 PM
SteveZzz

Melissa-
Welcome! There's lots of great products. Once you get it clean, try Crystal Guard or Zaino to keep that finish looking better than new. Do a search here and you'll find lot's of threads on both products.

By the way, since you're just down the road in Petersburg, you might be interested in the Z get together tomorrow (Saturday 8/16) in Richmond. There's more info in this thread.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=38140
Old 08-15-2003 | 12:20 PM
Melissa

I saw the post about the meet tomorrow. Would like to go but already have a few things planned tomorrow. Hoping to get hubby to take me to Fredericksburg tomorrow night, he found this place that a bunch of people meet at.
I am not much into all the specifics of the car more into what she looks like, will leave the rest to my hubby to take care of for me.
Old 08-15-2003 | 01:55 PM
SungNamZ

Your car is new. Before you get too many products on it, look at Zaino. I have had mine seven months and finally made the switch yesterday and finished today. A lot of work, but well worth the effort. Even though your car is "new" don't skip the claying. Probably the hardest part of the process, but again well worth the effort. A lot of threads out there.
Old 08-15-2003 | 02:49 PM
Melissa

What is claying?

Also what about the inside?
Old 08-15-2003 | 03:03 PM
jj1814

...for the inside? WATER! works good enough for me

DONT use Armour All, though - I've read enough horror stories on this forum about it.
Old 08-15-2003 | 05:11 PM
sparky3Z

I highly recommend Zaino products. Not cheap, but worth it IMO.

There is some work in the beginning, but no more than you would have with most serious wax products. Once you get a good coat of Zaino Z2 on it, it's easy as can be after that. Easy to wash, easy to add another coat of Z2 when you feel like it. (I'm on my seventh layer— but two is enough for normal people.)

Search here for info on Zaino, and in particular note the tips and information from Dr Bonz, a real Zaino expert.
Old 08-15-2003 | 07:13 PM
SungNamZ

"Claying is a surface prepatation that smoothes the paint and exfoliates contaminants". Go to WWW.autopia-care.com for some information.

Plus, as previously mentioned Dr Bonz probably has more threads than anyone on Zaino. As I said the extra work is well worth it. Mine looked good, but after today it is great. On a 1-10 scale before what I see now I would have given it a 8 or 9. The Zaino is now a 9 and my previous wax I would have had to give it a 6 or 7. Go Zaino!
Old 08-16-2003 | 02:58 PM
Melissa

What about Crystal Guard? I have read some things on that too. I guess its all in who I talk to as to what they say Zaino vs Crystal Guard. Im new to all this and my hubby says wash her like I did my other car...this car is so much better, I just want to make her look good for a very long time and need to start from the get go.
Thanks for all the advise.

Melissa