Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Quick detail Spray

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009 | 08:16 AM
gebster

Default Quick detail Spray

When I use my quick detailer spray it seems like i am am rubbing sand across the paint. The car is clean /clay bar.I am using micro fiber towels that are clean. Any ideas?
Old 01-15-2009 | 08:26 AM
BlueBoxer

Is it just the sensation or are you actually seeing light scrathes? Microfiber is sticky, I usually lightly mist my towel before doing anything with them. What towels and QD are you using?
Old 01-15-2009 | 06:42 PM
dkmesa350z

could be the quality of the microfiber. I felt a similar thing using my cheapo towels.
Old 01-16-2009 | 09:35 AM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

Lots of possibilities here that I can think of. My first question is what quick detailer are you using? Any chance it was left in really cold or warm temps that affected the product?

A dirty microfiber towel would definitely not help the situation as well. Whenever I use a quick detailer I use some of our thicker microfiber towels (DI Ultra Plush Microfiber Towel). I fold them in fourths and wipe with very light pressure. If you want to inspect your towels try wiping them on the back of a CD and see if they add light scratches.

Another possibility is that there is still some contaminants on the surface or imperfections in the clear coat causing this feeling. I would inspect the clear coat carefully to see if the problem is there.

Let me know if I can help you any further.

Greg @ Detailed Image