Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Vinyl Roof Top

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 06:59 PM
SRH_G35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Vinyl Roof Top

Hey Everyone,

I have a big question.

What would you use to clean the Vinyl top on a 2001 Lincoln Town Car? I've tried saddel soap. I also have Lexol but, since the saddel soap is not working, I do not wish to try lexol. Look at the pictures I've posted below. Any assistance would be appreciated!!!

http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r...ent=Roof03.jpg
http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r...ent=Roof05.jpg
http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r...ent=Roof02.jpg
http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r...ent=Roof01.jpg
Old 03-19-2009, 04:01 AM
JMT

Give this a shot, maybe agitate on the bad spots with a semi-firm brush:

303 Fabric and Vinyl Cleaner
Old 03-19-2009, 04:40 AM
Carbon-Z
Sleeps in 350Z

When you run your own business on detailing cars, why should anyone help you since you are suppose to know this before hand.

www.autopia.org I suggest use it and learn about detailing more.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:48 PM
SRH_G35

Originally Posted by Carbon-Z
When you run your own business on detailing cars, why should anyone help you since you are suppose to know this before hand.

www.autopia.org I suggest use it and learn about detailing more.

Bud, there is no need to be a smart a** to anyone on any website. I also use a different website and get their assistance at all times, if I have any questions.

I've worked on my personal cars for many years. I started out as a porter at my familes Ford dealership until my grandmother sold it back in 1988. I've competed in car audio competitions, Car shows, Road Racing and auto crossing. I was in two car audio magazines and won 1st place in many car shows. Since I'm having to fight social security to obtain disability money, I felt I would start doing exterior auto detailing. Yes. You are correct about some things. I'm not a proven person for auto detailing on a company lever, however, there really is no one in this part of Texas that knows how to properly detail vehicles. I've tried basically everything to solve the vinyl top on that 2001 Lincoln Town Car. Before the lady bought the car in 2001/2002, the car had body work done to it. Who ever did the body work really did it wrong and the lady who bought the car was not aware. When she took it in for service, of any kind, no one ever advised her about problems the car had. I was the 1st person to ever say anything about the vehicle. When I returned it to her, this everning, I showed ever everything that was wrong with it. I showed her how the rust started and what company to contact to correct the problem. I also advised her that there was nothing that really could be done with the vinyl on the vehicles since it top was very dry and covered with mildew stains. I put saddle soad on it several times over night. Again, I tried everything on the roof except for bleach. That I would never try on my vehicle or anyone elses. Some of it was fixed, less than 20%, but the client was very happy with how her car came out. I will get the vehicles back on Saturday to finish cleaning the interior since I will have some free time.

I do not ever wish to have to be harsh but, not everyone has brain damage as I do. I do one heck of a job detailing vehicles and I'm building a very strong client list right now.

Again, here are some before and after pics of the Town Car that I've been questioning.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

The Jag is no where close to being finished.