Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Klasse from Germany

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 07:11 PM
tcfool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Klasse from Germany

This is not a comparison post -- I am a detailing freak to say the least . Some are addicted to Mods but I love a clean shiny ride. I put only Zaino (7 coats) on my "G" and was very impressed with the quality and durability of the product. However, I always like to try new products and I was researching Klasse (pronounced Klas-uh) on this forum. It is a German product that has been rated as one of the best polishes on the market. So I decided to give it a shot. Ordered the "Twins" on-line from Concours Direct . Very good prices and fast service.

I first had the emotional task of removing the 7 coats of "Z" which as anyone who has worked with Zaino was a lot of hard work .

1. Dawn Wash and dry vehicle.
2. Two wiping applications of Acryli-Clean DX330 using a microfiber towel.
3. Two coats of Klasse ALL-IN-ONE - Full Body-Glass-Wheels
(did not buff off 1st coat just waited 20 min and went over the entire car again -used a damp microfiber towel and a dry one and buffed to a shine)
4. Two coats of the High Gloss Sealant Glaze. Waited till the next day before I applied the 2nd. Let sit for 2 hours.. Wiped off residues with a damp and dry, Microfiber towel.
5. Meguiars Final Inspection - Microfiber towel
6. Very nice results!

Klasse G35

It's very easy to apply and remove -- Like Zaino a little product goes a long way. The label claims there's no need to wait for it to dry; simply apply with a damp cloth and then buff to a shine, and that proved correct. However, I read a post from a Klasse Guru that the two coats of AIO was a more complete and through application. In fact, I'd say it's the easiest cleaner/polish product I've ever used. It did do a remarkable job of both cleaning and polishing -- it's a very nice shine on my Girl -- noticeably better after I applied the 2 coats of the High Gloss Sealant Glaze.

It's extremely hard to take photos that do justice to any type of waxes or polishes, but I took some photos hoping that the photos would do the talking. Some were with overcast sky..and then some with the Sun...

It's apparent that there's a difference... The color seems to be a bit darker and looks wetter than the Zaino.. I think I will stay with Klasse for a while.. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to protect and enhance their "G" investment. I am not saying that it is better than Zaino or Blackfire or any other product. Whatever you use, as long as you follow the directions, and take your time, I am sure your "G" will look great.

Have a "G"reat Day!

TC
Old 10-10-2003, 08:20 AM
tcfool

Question

Hummm... not one comment or rebutle??

LOL........

TC
Old 10-10-2003, 08:35 AM
s9am_me

what color is your car?? my friend has a red 2000 Camero. He uses Klasse also. That stuff works just as well as Blackfire IMO. Makes the surface super smooth just like Blackfire
Old 10-10-2003, 01:30 PM
HokieZ

To be honest I doubt you got the original Zaino off. Dawn to the best of my knowledge cuts through wax and grease of which Zaino is neither. I remember reading somewhere that IPA may remove Zaino but Dawn was more or less powerless against it.

The car looks great BTW. My wife really loves the G35 (so do I) but she wants a sticking auto which I can hardly stomach the thought of.
Old 10-10-2003, 09:54 PM
tcfool

Originally posted by s9am_me
what color is your car?? my friend has a red 2000 Camero. He uses Klasse also. That stuff works just as well as Blackfire IMO. Makes the surface super smooth just like Blackfire
Color is Diamond Graphite....

TC
Old 10-10-2003, 09:55 PM
tcfool

Originally posted by HokieZ
To be honest I doubt you got the original Zaino off. Dawn to the best of my knowledge cuts through wax and grease of which Zaino is neither. I remember reading somewhere that IPA may remove Zaino but Dawn was more or less powerless against it.

The car looks great BTW. My wife really loves the G35 (so do I) but she wants a sticking auto which I can hardly stomach the thought of.
Trust me this took it all off..

Two wiping applications of Acryli-Clean DX330 using a microfiber towel.

TC
Old 10-11-2003, 07:15 AM
buzzdsm

I also use Klasse AIO and I top it off with Pinnacle. I don't know how it could shine more.

Old 10-11-2003, 08:03 AM
noahbuddy

I've been using this stuff on my z and it works great very deep and wet look. I've got the superblack and it's tough to keep clean, but it looks sweet when it's freshly applied. I also have a clear bra and one advantage is it doesn't dry white like carnuba waxes. So, there isn't much build up along the clear bra lines. I still have to come back with a toothbrush / paintbrush every 4/5 waxing to clean up any residue.
Old 10-11-2003, 09:42 AM
tcfool

Originally posted by noahbuddy
I've been using this stuff on my z and it works great very deep and wet look. I've got the superblack and it's tough to keep clean, but it looks sweet when it's freshly applied. I also have a clear bra and one advantage is it doesn't dry white like carnuba waxes. So, there isn't much build up along the clear bra lines. I still have to come back with a toothbrush / paintbrush every 4/5 waxing to clean up any residue.
Ah yes indeed about the clear bra lines.. I have the same.. nice!

TC
Old 10-11-2003, 11:53 AM
Pat1USMC

I also took a break from Zaino and tried Klasse. When i put the high gloss on it though, it won't come off unless i spray some detailer on it. I try not to put it on too heavy, but i feel like i'm not putting anything on then.
I like how it looks afterwords, but i've also found that after i wash it again, the paint feels very rough like it has no wax on it. AFter the detailer spray goes on though, it feels smooth again.
I don't know, maybe I'm just not putting it on right...
Old 10-11-2003, 03:52 PM
tcfool

Originally posted by Pat1USMC
I also took a break from Zaino and tried Klasse. When i put the high gloss on it though, it won't come off unless i spray some detailer on it. I try not to put it on too heavy, but i feel like i'm not putting anything on then.
I like how it looks afterwords, but i've also found that after i wash it again, the paint feels very rough like it has no wax on it. AFter the detailer spray goes on though, it feels smooth again.
I don't know, maybe I'm just not putting it on right...
Hummm.. mine still feels really smooth after a wash,,, You do have to use it sparingly.. just like Zaino..a little goes a long way.. you should not have to use a detail spary to remove the SG..

TC
Old 10-13-2003, 08:29 PM
nosuchsol

Yah.. I went from Blackfire to Klass-uh after I sold my black car and got my silver car. I like both products just fine however Blackfire was more prone to haze over and take a real long time to buff out if done on a slightly hot surface(and living in the Desert doesn't help keep things cool) AND I never found that it beaded that good. Klass-uh seems a little more shiny and was sure easy to put on and remove. I firmly believe that it beads up better than Blackfire - my main test after you soap up the car and wash it off Blackfire would just splotch the water or streak the water, but Klass-uh will bead up even after the thorough wash. Another nice side effect was parking next to a sprinkler then watching all the beaded water fly off while just driving through the parking lot. =)
Old 10-13-2003, 09:32 PM
tcfool

Ahhh nice signature nosuchsol...

TC