Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Under-body car wash?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 03:21 AM
dealrocker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Under-body car wash?

After learning some washing techniques, I am ready to wash my car. But before perform this task I have an question about car's under-body. I no longer go to the machine car wash, I would not want to have dirt build up over months and months to a thick layer under the vehicle. What do you guys suggest?
Well, while searching online I stumbled across Simoniz 1750 PSI Pressure Washer at AutoBarn.

Thanks..
Old 01-04-2010, 04:25 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome. Never tried a high pressure wash under the car. Guess it would be OK if I could see what I was cleaning.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:48 AM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

I have found that a lawn sprinkler does an excellent job cleaning the undercarriage. Just place the sprinkler at the front or back of the car and slowly pull the sprinkler under the car. Doing this 2 or 3 times gets most of the dirt from under the car. The pressure washer works great for the wheel wells.

After everything is dry, some Adams Undercarriage Spray will make everything look brand new again.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:55 PM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KornerCarver
I have found that a lawn sprinkler does an excellent job cleaning the undercarriage. Just place the sprinkler at the front or back of the car and slowly pull the sprinkler under the car. Doing this 2 or 3 times gets most of the dirt from under the car. The pressure washer works great for the wheel wells.

After everything is dry, some Adams Undercarriage Spray will make everything look brand new again.
hmm adams undercarriage spray. i shall test this out and see if it helps clean my dirty a$$ undercarriage