Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

IMO, the best product for swirls on a black car.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 01:45 PM
Jsn350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IMO, the best product for swirls on a black car.

I have mentioned this stuff a few times but no one else has ever tried it out.

Let it be known that I have tried just about everything including all of the Zaino products ( I still have almost full bottles of Zaino just sitting here ) and I have just kept going right back to my usuall.

Now my usuall is Blue Coral Product X which is a polish/swirl filler. After washing with the Zaino car wash and a coat of Z6 I apply this to the entire car ( one panel at a time ) using my Porter Cable ( by hand is fine as well )

This removed the swirls SO well that even in direct sunlight you could barley see ANY swirls if any at most angles. I have gotten many, many, MANY comments about how clean my car is and how great it works. I couldnt even begin to start telling all of the stories about all the comments I get. ( Nor-Cal people know about me and my cleaning obsession )

Now Product X is not very durable and wont last all that long (DOesnt matter for me since I do this once a week at least )

Every once in a while if I have time, I use Blue Coral Revive it. This is basically 50% Product X and 50% protectant. MUCH more durable and still helps fill swirls.

Using a coat of Product X and then a coat of Revive it is simply an amzing sight when finished.

Where to buy it? Well you can't get it in stores. I buy it from a local auto detailer here that orderes me an extra bottle every so often ( come in a gallon bottle for 30 bucks ) I have seen it online but don't remember where.

I'm guessing that no one will try it still even after this because it is not talked about often on the forum and many of you may not have heard of it. But I assure you if done correctly, and you detail your car often, youll be happy with it.

I'd be willing to get together with some of the Nor-Cal people sometime and I'll detail your car with you just to proove how well this stuff works.

I don't have many pics to show it off but I will post what I have.

( Only really sunny pic I have.. )

( It is actually pretty sunny in this pic, just can't really tell )

Now these pictures arnt as good of quality but yeah..

These are all with JUST Product X. Now as I said it is not really durable, but if you clean your car weekly it does not matter. Also, you could always add Revive it on top.

Anyone intrested in my offer just let me know here or PM me. Then we can try to work out a time that works for the both of us. I'd just like to show people how well it works.

( Let it be known I don't have my Z anymore, for a bunch of reasons. )
Old 07-02-2004, 05:06 PM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your car sure is REALLY clean! Black looks amazing when its nice and waxed.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:18 PM
KSY10M

**** that looks sweet.
can u tell me more about this prodcut x.
i am interestd in trying it.
how does it compare with zaino?
thanks!
Old 07-02-2004, 07:53 PM
Jsn350Z

I don't think there is much more I can tell you. Hmmm.

You put it on one panel at a time and take it right off, no drying time needed. So it is very quick to use. The Product X as I said is just a swirl.light scratch filler and polish.

I have taken out light scratches with the stuff, amazed at how well it worked. Swirls, what swirls?! For a black car, it is just amazing how swirl free it comes out.

If you want protectant and durability you need to use revive it. 50% Product X and 50% protectant. Since it is only 50% Product X it doesnt remove swirls AS well but still does a good job. I personally use only product X most of the time with the occasional Revive it coat added on.

If you want to buy it you will have to either find a local detail/body shop that uses it and ask them to get you a bottle next time they get some, or try to find it online. It is not sold in stores.

How does it compare to Zaino? Well, I personally did not like Zaino Z5 and Z2 AT ALL compared to Product X. I gave zaino a couple chances and it just couldnt beat the Procuct X. That, however, is my experiance and my opinion only. Zaino is still a great product. Also, different people may have different opinions why they like each product for different reasons.

As I said you dont need to let it dry before taking it off. However you do not want to take it off IMMEDIATLY after putting it on. It is a bit oily and might leave smug marks unless you let it dry for 40-60 seconds ( still barley any time! ) Also, there is no harm in leaving it on over night if wanted. VERY easy to apply and remove.

Will also remove water spots and or streaks left from drying if there are any.

I swear it makes the black paint an entire shade darker. Very wet look to it.
Old 07-05-2004, 04:30 AM
TCL

I was a big fan of Blue Coral polishing compounds in the 1970's. I didn't know they still produced auto care products.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:19 AM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

Here is link to a website that sells the Product X

http://www.detaildirect.com/cgi-bin/dd/bcpx.html
Old 07-05-2004, 07:44 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Your car looks awesome. I love the bridge pic at dusk. Beautiful!
Old 07-05-2004, 08:58 PM
s9am_me

you can't just add a layer of Zaino to seal in the blue coral?? how is it by hand? or would it be better to shell out $100 for a buffer? i've gotta check this out sometime at the next NorCal meet. Blackfire ain't doin much for my swirls.. or at least by hand it doesn't.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:52 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

You probably shouldn't put Zaino on top of it. Zaino bonds best only to clean paint or to Zaino itself.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:07 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally posted by s9am_me
i've gotta check this out sometime at the next NorCal meet.
Sorry J, but Jsn sold this beauty a little while ago... pristine is all I can say of his car
Old 07-06-2004, 10:14 AM
s9am_me

Bri, i was actually talkin bout the Blue Coral product

Last edited by s9am_me; 07-06-2004 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:49 PM
Jsn350Z

Yeah my baby is gone I made a note at the bottom of my origional post about that.

About the Zaino on top of the Product X, probably wont work to well as Bonz said. Like I said, for me, I detailed my car every week or more, so durability was not a concern. If you want some drability you add a coat or just simply use only Blue Coral Revive it ( 50% Product X, 50% sealant )

Product X is extreamly easy by hand as well. No need for the buffer but I find that it does have a better finish and is easier with one. I use the Porter Cable 7424.

Thanks for the complimants Brian, Bonz, and everyone else.

Perhaps I could come to one of the meets with some Product X and things. Show you what its all about on part of the car or something. Although then you would have this nice, wet, swirl free spot... LOL, not as noticeable on a non-black car though. I used it on my white Legend and it didnt make all that much of a difference, but not like any other product does anyways.
Old 07-10-2004, 12:34 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

<<I'd be willing to get together with some of the Nor-Cal people sometime and I'll detail your car with you just to proove how well this stuff works.>>

Hey Jas, what's your rate for a kicka$$ detail job like the one in those pics....?
Old 07-11-2004, 04:05 PM
Jsn350Z

LOL, well if you are serious, when I was younger I charged $60-100 depending on the person and the size of the car. I use to make 300 a week in my free time easy. At a young age that was pretty exciting!

I usually do my friends cars for like $40 though...

If you'd like your car cleaned sometime before a meet or something I'd be willing to throw you a freebe if you would meet at my GF's house which is where I always detail my cars, can vacuume it out and everything.

Then you can go show it off at the meet!
Old 07-12-2004, 01:15 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Hey Jas, put me up with the 40 and a read good job at that, and I'll end up owing you dinner too

I'll PM you tomorrow
Old 07-13-2004, 09:41 PM
mofoz

sigh, i have about 9 coats of Z5 on my baby already, but definetly still have some light scratches and a bunch of swirls, and i use good towels and all that jazz. Maybe this is the stuff for me.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:26 PM
Jsn350Z

I personally CAN NOT STAND swirls. This is the only product that made me happy. Also hid light scratches as well.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:27 PM
doc3763

Default Re: IMO, the best product for swirls on a black car.

I would have to agree w/ Jsn350Z this is the BEST product for hiding swirl marks. Now I really have to get close to the car to see the swirl marks. I only had time to put on the product X once and then finishing it up with a layer of Z5. The black now looks just like the pictures that Jsn350Z posted. I have tried all of the swirl removing (hiding) products, and this has the best result only after one use!

Jsn350Z, does layering this product help even more?
Old 07-13-2004, 10:29 PM
Jsn350Z

The more the better!!!! Infact, if you add a couple layers a week it will build up and start to become more durable. The more, the wetter, darker, and less swirls you will see.

Don't forget, Product X is not very durable and you will need to do it often. But hey, in my opinion, WELL WORTH IT!

Glad you like it!
Old 07-13-2004, 10:37 PM
doc3763

Yes, I think a couple of layers a week is what I need. Doesn't take long to put one on w/ the Porter Cable. The stuff is as easy to remove as well.

Originally posted by Jsn350Z
The more the better!!!! Infact, if you add a couple layers a week it will build up and start to become more durable. The more, the wetter, darker, and less swirls you will see.

Don't forget, Product X is not very durable and you will need to do it often. But hey, in my opinion, WELL WORTH IT!

Glad you like it!

Quick Reply: IMO, the best product for swirls on a black car.