Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

NXT vs. Zaino review.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 08:03 AM
sprmario

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NXT vs. Zaino review.

Here's my review of Zaino vs. NXT Tech Wax.

I used the Zaino on my 10 year old beat up Mustang. I used the Zaino on my shiny new 1 week old Z. I used the NXT on my 10 year old beat up Mustang. I also used the NXT on a 5 month old Mercedes C240.

Ok. First, I think the Zaino is easier to apply and remove. It goes on thin easier and it comes off very easy. The NXT goes on ok but definately took more elbow grease to remove. I'm tired.

Second, both products produced a nice shine but different. The Zaino seems to shine and let the natural color of the pain through. Even though Z-5 fills some blemishes this seems pretty marginal. It didn't really help my old mustang which has a ton of problems in the paint. The NXT seems to provide a richer color and it definately hides blemishes in the paint. My mustang has a spot that someone keyed in a tight little circle. Not hard but it left a very visible circular set of scratches. The NXT makes them almost invisible. The Zaino just seemed to accentuate the problems.

My gut feeling is that if you have really taken care of your paint and/or have a new car... the Zaino is a better product. It really brings out the color of the car and provides a great shine. It looks amazing on my Z, and has stood up great through 10 days of rain, dry, rain, dry, rain, dry. All I did this weekend was wash and detail spray and it was gorgeous again. It rained on it again and it still looks great.

However if you have a car that you have neglected, the NXT is a better product. The NXT covers up a lot of minor blemishes and paint problems and it made my 10 year old paint look tons better than the Zaino.

So my newbish opinion is I'll be using hte NXT on the Mustang till I sell it and keep using the Zaino on the Z. Both cars look great. I can't tell you anything about longevity because I've just done a few applications.
Old 08-01-2004, 08:13 AM
HotRodGuy

good review, I also have a feeling you may of put on to much NXT because it's by far the easiest wax i've ever removed and every report i've read said the same.
Old 08-01-2004, 08:33 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

It makes perfect sense that the Zaino Z-5 did not help your old car very much. It's made for fine scratches and swirls, not a neglected surface. Anything that could cover that much abuse is probably something you wouldn't want on your new car. It would be covering the good paint job on it.

As others here have indicated before, Zaino is optically pure and will not affect the color of your car.
Old 08-01-2004, 09:19 AM
mrZeee

NXT hard to remove.....hmmm...never had that problem...but only have applied to newer vehicles (97 and up)...I'll try it on my 95 jeep (but that may not be fair test since I will be claying and polishing before I apply the NXT)
Old 08-01-2004, 09:49 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice job. I've never used NXT but I do know that Zaino is very easy on and even easier off.

The Z-5 does a fair job on swirls but as HotRod has mentioned in other threads, for really damaged swirled paint I think you'd be better off with a PC and polish designed to repair damage.
Old 08-02-2004, 05:15 AM
sprmario

The Mustang could definately use polishing, but I don't really want to go out and spend $200 on a PC, pads, backing plates, and compunds right now. I tried the Zaino on that car because I got it before I my Z arrived and wanted to try using the product a couple of times so that I was familiar with it before the Z came. I also may have put too much NXT but I tried to spread it thin and it was still tougher to come off than the Zaino... not really hard, but definately tougher.

All in all I think the NXT is a great product for the average joe who isn't going to want to order Zaino through the mail and just wants a product that they can pick up at autozone and put on their car to make it look better. These are exactly the kind of folks that are likely to have swirls and other minor scratches on their paint which the NXT will help more than Z-5.

I'm going to keep using the Zaino on my Z which looks great and gets me a lot of complements. After the initial day which involved prepping the surface and putting on three layers, this weekends upkeep session was a breeze and the car looks amazing. My conclusion is both products are great for different uses. I'm very happy with both.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:36 PM
bhobson333

Originally posted by sprmario
All in all I think the NXT is a great product for the average joe who isn't going to want to order Zaino through the mail and just wants a product that they can pick up at autozone and put on their car to make it look better. These are exactly the kind of folks that are likely to have swirls and other minor scratches on their paint which the NXT will help more than Z-5.

I'm going to keep using the Zaino on my Z which looks great and gets me a lot of complements. After the initial day which involved prepping the surface and putting on three layers, this weekends upkeep session was a breeze and the car looks amazing. My conclusion is both products are great for different uses. I'm very happy with both.
I'm going to save this review, encase it in bronze. I think it is right on the money. Good job, thanks for posting.