Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Just waxed... Dr. Bonz, check this its not Zaino!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 09:05 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

You can but that's not what I do. If I'm in the garage or if there is no wind, I pretty much "mist" it on there. If it's windy at all this can lead to an "overspray" that gets all over the rest of the car. If this is occurring, I just close the nozzle on the bottle a bit and drizzle it on.

I think you may be using too much. A bottle should last you WAY more than 6 sessions.

Granted, you use more of the Z-6 than anything else but you may be over using a bit.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:19 AM
DIO
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to be honest, the container of Mother's wax that I have has lasted me a year. (I have backups) I dont think it only lasts a few weeks. But to each his own.

Bonz, how much of a kick back does Zaino pay you to promote their product so vehemently?
Old 08-08-2004, 11:23 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally posted by DIO
Bonz, how much of a kick back does Zaino pay you to promote their product so vehemently?
I can tell you the answer is simply, No.

Zaino is simply the best product out there. Best $ I ever spent.
Old 08-08-2004, 01:37 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Anyone who knows or who has talked to Sal knows that this isn't the case! I get ABSOLUTELY nothing in return. It simply is the best product out there and I promote it ONLY for that reason.

I have to be honest, the container of Mother's wax that I have has lasted me a year. (I have backups) I dont think it only lasts a few weeks. But to each his own.
I think you misunderstood me. I didn't mean that your can of wax will last only a few weeks. I mean it only lasts that long ON THE CAR.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:32 PM
DIO
Banned

I hope I dont sound as if Im argumentative, - Im not. Part of me really wants to try the $80.00 package and, my practical side says no. we'll see which side prevails. Till then, Bonz you have one smokin' brick.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:42 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

I've tried a lot of stuff over the years including NXT. Nothing has held up as well as Zaino.

The application work is very exagerated, too. I can put on a coat in less than 20 minutes and remove it in less than 10 after it dries. The only time I've ever spent a lot of time was in the initial treatments, and I only did 3 coats and clay if I remember correctly.

Zaino is the easiest on/off stuff I've used, too. NXT was noticably more of a pain to remove off my truck.
Old 08-08-2004, 04:03 PM
DIO
Banned

Originally posted by MannishBoy
I've tried a lot of stuff over the years including NXT. Nothing has held up as well as Zaino.

The application work is very exagerated, too. I can put on a coat in less than 20 minutes and remove it in less than 10 after it dries. The only time I've ever spent a lot of time was in the initial treatments, and I only did 3 coats and clay if I remember correctly.

Zaino is the easiest on/off stuff I've used, too. NXT was noticably more of a pain to remove off my truck.
did you go for the $80 buck package?
Old 08-08-2004, 04:24 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally posted by DIO
did you go for the $80 buck package?
The package includes everything you need.

Compare bottle to bottle, Zaino is about the same in price.

For instance a bottle of Z-2 is only $12.95.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=Zaino
Old 08-08-2004, 05:05 PM
speedzz

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
You can but that's not what I do. If I'm in the garage or if there is no wind, I pretty much "mist" it on there. If it's windy at all this can lead to an "overspray" that gets all over the rest of the car. If this is occurring, I just close the nozzle on the bottle a bit and drizzle it on.

I think you may be using too much. A bottle should last you WAY more than 6 sessions.

Granted, you use more of the Z-6 than anything else but you may be over using a bit.
Thanks for the info.

I've been using the Z6 outside and it's ALWAYS windy where I live. I'll just bring the Z into the garage and finish the job there.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:20 PM
KrazY-2K

All I can say is Zaino is amazing. Unforutunately I'm almost out of the stuff.... time to order another kit!
Old 08-08-2004, 07:23 PM
flynnibus
Z Flier

Originally posted by zand02max

Only downside is Zaino takes a lot longer to apply than others. But well worth it in the end.
I don't know how people claim the polymers take longer then waxes.

Both Zaino and Blackfire just wipe on.. then wipe off if you are doing just the 'protection' layer. And both have almost ZERO residue.. can't say that about wax. You find left over wax for days.

And if you are talking about the 2 step approach (of a polish and protectant), if you aren't polishing your car before waxing, you aren't doing yourself many favors.. plus.. the polish leaves residue that you must remove as well!!

Tradition Wax Method:
Wash, Dry, Polish, then go around car 2-3 times to make sure you've gotten all residue off, then wax, then wait, then go around car endlessly finding more residue.. and finding areas you didn't get all the polish off and now its under the wax

Polymer Method
Wash, Dry, Polish, make a pass around the car for any residue, wipe on protectant, wait, wipe off, make a buffing pass over the car.

The steps are basically the same, but the Polymer method is 2x as easy due to the lack of residue you get with wax.

Plus.. the polymers last MONTHS, not weeks.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:59 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Not to mention NO DUST after Zaino. With Wax, there is that fine whitish dust you have to keep wiping off.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:24 AM
HotRodGuy

Not to mention NO DUST after Zaino. With Wax, there is that fine whitish dust you have to keep wiping off.

same w/ a lot of new products, makes it easy for us
Old 08-09-2004, 05:54 AM
mp3car

92 Maxima SE after using Maguier's paint cleaner, NXT, then mother's quick detail. I agree though, the NXT could last a little longer... but I don't mind doing it every month or two.
Attached Thumbnails Just waxed... Dr. Bonz, check this its not Zaino!-3s.jpg  
Old 08-09-2004, 05:55 AM
mp3car

second pic...
Attached Thumbnails Just waxed... Dr. Bonz, check this its not Zaino!-4s.jpg  
Old 08-09-2004, 06:04 AM
mp3car

third pic...
Attached Thumbnails Just waxed... Dr. Bonz, check this its not Zaino!-10s.jpg  
Old 08-09-2004, 06:06 AM
mp3car

last one... promise! (unrelated to NXT or wax... but wanted to attach it too!)
Old 08-09-2004, 06:08 AM
mp3car

forgot to attach pic and can't add it by editing it as the "attach" function is not available during edit...
Attached Thumbnails Just waxed... Dr. Bonz, check this its not Zaino!-9s.jpg  
Old 08-09-2004, 07:49 AM
sprmario

My Z is my daily driver and it is not kept in a garage. Since I got it 3 weeks ago it has rained EVERY SINGLE DAY. I Zaino'ed the car 5 days after getting it... putting on 3 coats. It has rained in every manner you can think of on this car... light showers followed by sun, heavy showers, off an on showers. Rain, dry in the sun, rain, dry under clouds, morning dew, rain, rain, etc etc. It really does repel water like crazy and it has been under terrible conditions. The road in front of my house was dug up so I have to drive through a dirt and gravel road for 100 meters or so that is totally wet and muddy. That stuff all slides off so easy. Bird pooped on the car... slid off so easy.

I put on the 4th coat this weekend even though I don't really think it needed it. I can really see the addictive nature of adding additional coats. Must make car shiny and sparkly.

Oh... side note. After 8 days of sitting out in that weather the NXT I used on my old mustang is pretty much gone. But as I said before the past month here in Miami has been terrible as far as weather. It feels like its never going to stop raining!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by GoZpeedRacerGo
How long does Zaino last if the car is driven daily?.. and taking in consideration a light rainshower and/or dirty muddy roads.. Does it "repel" water and such like some other waxes?..
Old 08-09-2004, 08:05 AM
HotRodGuy

Anyone who knows or who has talked to Sal knows that this isn't the case! I get ABSOLUTELY nothing in return. It simply is the best product out there and I promote it ONLY for that reason.

what else have you tried lately that shows zaino is the best you've used?

Quick Reply: Just waxed... Dr. Bonz, check this its not Zaino!