Old 12-23-2006, 10:53 PM
RBlover69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

agreed^^^ nuff said
Old 12-24-2006, 11:33 AM
skaterbasist

Originally Posted by kleefton
Ok, I think you need to put down the crack pipe for a sec.

Though I agree the 07 g35 is likely faster than the 03-06' Z in a straight line, it isn't going to match it in the twisties. You're comparing a big luxury sedan to a dedicated sports car. There is no way the G35 handles better.

Ok, besides that I agree with the rest of what you're saying.
Ok let me ask you, Have you test driven the 07 G35 sedan?

Obviously not, because the difference is obvious in both.

Saying that its not going to handle well because its a luxury is ignorant.

Go ahead, test drive the new 07 Sedan and tell me how bad it handles

(It's 40% stiffer than the current G/Z by what Nissan/Infiniti stated, and trust me you'' feel it)

I wouldnt state [false] assumptions if I were you, especially for someone who hasnt test driven one yet.

The next Z/ G coupe might sure handle better, but for now, the 07 G sedan has superior handling

PS. The 07 G sedan is not just categorized as a "Big Luxuy Sedan", its a "Luxury Sport Sedan"... trust me thats a different category.

Last edited by skaterbasist; 12-24-2006 at 11:38 AM.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:56 PM
kleefton

Originally Posted by skaterbasist

(It's 40% stiffer than the current G/Z by what Nissan/Infiniti stated, and trust me you'' feel it)

I wouldnt state [false] assumptions if I were you, especially for someone who hasnt test driven one yet.

The next Z/ G coupe might sure handle better, but for now, the 07 G sedan has superior handling

PS. The 07 G sedan is not just categorized as a "Big Luxuy Sedan", its a "Luxury Sport Sedan"... trust me thats a different category.
ignorant?

I don't need to test drive it, Einstein.

All I know is, the Z is definitely more stiffly sprung, lighter, has a much shorter wheelbase and has quicker steering. It WILL have the ability to change directions a lot easier than a four door G35 which has a softer suspension and much cushier ride. In the hands of equally skilled drivers, the G35 is not going to keep up with a z on almost any road course, and definitely any autocros courses.

This is not rocket science: sports car handle better than luxury sedans.

And the kind of driving you likely did with the G35 (what was it, a dealer test drive? ) I doubt you'd know how it handles at the limit, which is where the Z would own it. Maybe you liked the way it drove better than the Z but don't say it outhandles it because you have no proof and the hard facts are stacking up against your opinion.

You can even pull up any magazine test numbers from the 07 G35 and stack them up against any year 350z and you'll see the G35 has less grip, can't keep up in the slalom and therefore will never keep up with a Z on a road course.

Get a clue.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:05 PM
skaterbasist

ignorant?

I don't need to test drive it, Einstein.

All I know is, the Z is definitely more stiffly sprung, lighter, has a much shorter wheelbase and has quicker steering. It WILL have the ability to change directions a lot easier than a four door G35 which has a softer suspension and much cushier ride. In the hands of equally skilled drivers, the G35 is not going to keep up with a z on almost any road course, and definitely any autocros courses.

This is not rocket science: sports car handle better than luxury sedans.

And the kind of driving you likely did with the G35 (what was it, a dealer test drive? ) I doubt you'd know how it handles at the limit, which is where the Z would own it. Maybe you liked the way it drove better than the Z but don't say it outhandles it because you have no proof and the hard facts are stacking up against your opinion.

You can even pull up any magazine test numbers from the 07 G35 and stack them up against any year 350z and you'll see the G35 has less grip, can't keep up in the slalom and therefore will never keep up with a Z on a road course.

Get a clue.
You seriously make me laugh

Most of your posts is speculation and guesses...

Do me a favor, just go test drive one.

Im also laughing at your "This is not rocket science: sports car handle better than luxury sedans" . It only furthermore shows your ignorance.

So much talk yet so little experience from your part

Leave the fanboy image behind and look at the facts... the 07 G35 sedan pulls harder and handles better than both our current 350z/G35 coupe

Old 12-24-2006, 04:58 PM
kleefton

Thumbs down

Oh please, this has nothing to do with being a fanboy or not.
You say I only speculate but what I'm saying is the truth: There is nothing to argue about when I say that a luxury car is not going to hang with a dedicated sports car in the twisties. If you knew the fundamentals of handling you wouldn't be talking out of your *** like you are doing.

So here's a course for ya, it's handling 101:

Soft and cushy doesn't beat harsh and firm in the twisties.
Shorter wheelbase > longer wheelbase.

So get over it, you're wrong and your little test drive doesn't make you an expert.
Old 12-24-2006, 05:07 PM
skaterbasist

Oh please, this has nothing to do with being a fanboy or not.
You say I only speculate but what I'm saying is the truth: There is nothing to argue about when I say that a luxury car is not going to hang with a dedicated sports car in the twisties. If you knew the fundamentals of handling you wouldn't be talking out of your *** like you are doing.

So here's a course for ya, it's handling 101:

Soft and cushy doesn't beat harsh and firm in the twisties.
Shorter wheelbase > longer wheelbase.

So get over it, you're wrong and your little test drive doesn't make you an expert.
Soft and Cushy? Once again, talk from someone who hasnt test driven the new G sedan.

Soft and Cushy will be the last thing youll say. It has a stiffer ride than the current G coupe/ 350z... but you just dont seem to get it or in denial.

Luxury sport car cant hang with what you call a "dedicated sport"?

Try to hang with an M3 in the twisties! Youll just make a fool out of yourself.

I honest think your afraid of test driving this new sedan... because youll have to admit im right.

I seriously cant believe your stating all of this without any experience.

Its like saying pizza taste like crap without ever trying one!

Stop embarrasing yourself.

Old 12-24-2006, 05:09 PM
skaterbasist

PS. The last thing I wanted to start was a flame thread, but for some reason, there always has to be a moron in each thread like you.

Old 12-24-2006, 05:20 PM
RBlover69

You seriously make me laugh

Do me a favor, just go test drive one.

Im also laughing at your "This is not rocket science: sports car handle better than luxury sedans" . It only furthermore shows your ignorance.

So much talk yet so little experience from your part

Leave the fanboy image behind and look at the facts... the 07 G35 sedan pulls harder and handles better than both our current 350z/G35 coupe

there is no statement from infiniti nor nissan nor any reviews that state that a Gsedan handles on a road course better then a 350z. Thats a fan boy statement. Cmon are u serious. Engine u can def boast handeling cmon are u serious, ur telling me body roll etc the amount of Gs even the current susepnsion setup on the Z, wount handle better then a G sedan . Cmon lets not get crazy its a HR but that doesnt equal better handeling LMAO. The g coupe we will have to wait for or the Z new with the HR will have the same specs virtually for handeling its not on par with the Z or G coupe that are coming out that would not make any kind of rational sense. And i hvae test driven a new G sedan on my trade in for my older Z . The engine i was impressed with the gas milage , the handling amount of body roll and understeer, i was quickly aware of . The steerring wheel responds extremly quick but u can feel the car wants to do when into a apex (granted this is 408 in florida lol alot of long apexs), to me a Z is confident the weight is distributed so that u can preety much point it to were u want it to go. I not that the Z is a nimble car btw)The G sedan felt more piggish, more heavy the engine gave me the power but the weight and the car didnt feel like as smooth nor nimble as the Z. I wouldnt say that all sports car out handle sedans, that would be ignorant. But from my own expreince and myown 35k i bought a 06.5 Z i didnt by the new G sedan. My money couldve went either way on my trade and, i was impressed with the car but im into raw sports cars, and the Z is more of a sports car then the G sedan. Thats my review.

Last edited by RBlover69; 12-24-2006 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-24-2006, 05:25 PM
kleefton

Originally Posted by RBlover69
there is no statement from infiniti nor nissan nor any reviews that state that a Gsedan handles on a road course better then a 350z. Thats a fan boy statement. Cmon are u serious. Engine u can def boast handeling cmon are u serious, ur telling me body roll etc the amount of Gs even the current unibody on the Z, wount handle better then a G sedan . Cmon lets not get crazy its a HR but that doesnt equal better handeling LMAO. The g sedan well have to wait for the Z with the HR will have the same specs virtually for handeling its not on par with the Z or G coupe that are coming out that would not make any kind of rational sense.
Thank you for bringing sanity here.

I mean this guy thinks a G35 is more harsh than a 350z. LMAO

Enuf said.
Old 12-24-2006, 05:34 PM
skaterbasist

Enuf said.
Its funny how out of all the posters in this thread, both of you have been the one that have always been so critical, synical, and ignorant.

Have any of you driven the car? NO!

I keep on saying it because its so hilarious .

Speculation only gets you so far.

Im done arguing to these 2 ignorant and close-minded morons who obviously dont know anything about cars; because in their mind, luxury sport cars cant handle well .

Let me guess, if both of you believe Luxury Sports handle bad, then exotics are worse right?

PS. How old are both of you? You must be kids

Old 12-24-2006, 05:36 PM
kleefton

Originally Posted by RBlover69
there is no statement from infiniti nor nissan nor any reviews that state that a Gsedan handles on a road course better then a 350z. Thats a fan boy statement. Cmon are u serious. Engine u can def boast handeling cmon are u serious, ur telling me body roll etc the amount of Gs even the current unibody on the Z, wount handle better then a G sedan . Cmon lets not get crazy its a HR but that doesnt equal better handeling LMAO. The g sedan well have to wait for the Z with the HR will have the same specs virtually for handeling its not on par with the Z or G coupe that are coming out that would not make any kind of rational sense.

Why the **** would Nissa/Infiniti make a four door luxury car that has to appeal to people with families ride harder than a 350z? Are you for real?

And about comparing an M3 to a Z; the M3 is not a luxury car, so I would expect it to beat the Z; it has a lot more horsepower and the suspension is almost as stiff and sport tuned. It has more sport to it than luxury. But there's a huge difference between M3/ G35/350z in what they were made for. The G35 tries to give you a little sport and good levels of luxury at an entry level price. The m3 is the opposite, it focuses on the driver first, and comfort and luxury second and you have to pay more to get that combination. The Z focuses almost entirely on sport at an affordable price, that's why it doesn't have a big trunk, doesn't have back seats and rides harsh from the factory. It's made to feel good to drive around turns, it doesn't worry about absorbing potholes. So tell me why again would Nissan make it more plush than the g35?

And I've read countless reviews of the new G35.From what I can tell, the consensus is that it handles well for a luxo sport sedan in that class. But nowhere does it say it's ready to hang with cars such as S2000s and 350zs around race courses.

Last edited by kleefton; 12-24-2006 at 05:42 PM.
Old 12-24-2006, 05:49 PM
skaterbasist

Why the **** would Nissa/Infiniti make a four door luxury car that has to appeal to people with families ride harder than a 350z? Are you for real?

And about comparing an M3 to a Z; the M3 is not a luxury car, so I would expect it to beat the Z; it has a lot more horsepower and the suspension is almost as stiff and sport tuned. It has more sport to it than luxury. But there's a huge difference between M3/ G35/350z in what they were made for. The G35 tries to give you a little sport and good levels of luxury at an entry level price. The m3 is the opposite, it focuses on the driver first, and comfort and luxury second and you have to pay more to get that combination. The Z focuses almost entirely on sport at an affordable price, that's why it doesn't have a big trunk, doesn't have back seats and rides harsh from the factory. It's made to feel good to drive around turns, it doesn't worry about absorbing potholes. So tell me why again would Nissan make it more plush than the g35?

And I've read countless reviews of the new G35.From what I can tell, the consensus is that it handles well for a luxo sport sedan in that class. But nowhere does it say it's ready to hang with cars such as S2000s and 350zs around race courses.
Thats funny... I thought M3's were from BMW, a luxury brand

It's also funny how, atleast in L.A, the city with the most cars in the world statistically, most G35 coupe owners are younger than 30.

Your right, the 02-06 sedan did appeal people with families, but im pretty sure its gonna be slightly different with this current model.

You still didnt answer my question: How old are you? Both of you.

I am seriously done wasting my time replying to both of you. So dont expect a reply

Old 12-24-2006, 06:00 PM
kleefton

Thats funny... I thought M3's were from BMW, a luxury brand

It's also funny how, atleast in L.A, the city with the most cars in the world statistically, most G35 coupe owners are younger than 30.

Your right, the 02-06 sedan did appeal people with families, but im pretty sure its gonna be slightly different with this current model.

You still didnt answer my question: How old are you? Both of you.

I am seriously done wasting my time replying to both of you. So dont expect a reply

Bmw is not exactly a luxury brand.
What's their favorite slogan again? Oh wait...isn't it: Ultimate Driving machine?

Hmmm... sounds pretty obvious to me that they are more about handling than luxury. Of course they make true luxury cars like the 5 and 7 series, but most of the cars they make is performance/handling oriented.

And I'm 30 yrs old. Don't know what that's got to do with anything we're discussing.
Old 12-24-2006, 06:09 PM
skaterbasist

Bmw is not exactly a luxury brand.
What's their favorite slogan again? Oh wait...isn't it: Ultimate Driving machine?

Hmmm... sounds pretty obvious to me that they are more about handling than luxury. Of course they make true luxury cars like the 5 and 7 series, but most of the cars they make is performance/handling oriented.

And I'm 30 yrs old. Don't know what that's got to do with anything we're discussing.

I said I wasnt going to respond to these idiotic posts but I couldnt resist .

You should ban yourself for stating the comment

Let me refrase this for you:

Most BMW's are Luxury Sport Sedans and Coupes.

Examples: 3 Series, including the M3, 5 series, Including the M5.

Some BMW's are full Luxury Sedans.

Example: 7 series.

I asked for your age because you sound more like a 17 year old than a 30 year old, which should make it even more embarrasing for you.

Last edited by skaterbasist; 03-18-2007 at 09:36 PM.
Old 12-24-2006, 06:28 PM
RBlover69

Ahhh, damn. I said I wasnt going to respond to these idiotic posts but I couldnt resist .

Oh man your post was sooo stupid I had to reply to it.

I asked for your age because you sound more like a 17 year old than a 30 year old, which should make it even more embarrasing for you.

Also, congrats, your post was so funny it made it to my sig.

Im am far from bieing a kid. Your ignorance makes me believe ur one due to me clearly stating that I TEST DROVE ONE. Cmon guy u seem smart lets not be incompetent. The 350z is the best sports car in my opinion u can buy for the money, the new G sedan is not a subsitute for 350z nor was designed to out perform. You have nothing to back up anything that states that it handles better not evidence not even the manufactuer is making such claims. DO me a favor lay out the 350z suspension specs way layout driver height, layout wheel base and how close the driver is between the wheels, layout the driveshaft, layout the weight distribution look at the overall design of 2 cars in 2 differ catagories. Not knowing it was a 350z and not knowing what a G sedan is ur telling me u would look at a blue print of the 2 and say hmmmmmm yea this will take a turn better. Cmon. i give props where its due. U sound like a real fanboy cause ur fighting not only ur ingnorance but the plain rational of what the Z is vrs the G sedan in japan which we all know is a nissan. Please if ur gonna post something tell me why instead of sounding like a G fanboy . Cause where all in the same family car wise and ur rebuttles are not impressive. I love the G sedan. But its not a Z . A Z was not meant to be a power house. Its a carver, the g thought it has a great sports sedan setup is in my honest opinion is not as tight nor presice nor as a closer to feeling the road feel. WHY cause it was not designed to be like a Z. Its awesome sports sedan , that will likely embarass stock Zs on the straight or give them a head to head fight, but on a road course lets say time attack. As we view in best motoring, .....i just cant see it happening .
And next time u post , how about u tell us why it handles better then making rediculous statements about peoples posts. Its a open argument im still waiting for ur point . Please chime in.

Last edited by RBlover69; 12-24-2006 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:52 PM
kleefton

Ahhh, damn. I said I wasnt going to respond to these idiotic posts but I couldnt resist .

Oh man your post was sooo stupid I had to reply to it.

Also, congrats, your post was so funny it made it to my sig.

You just keep redefining the word stupidity with every post you make. Good job.
BMW is not a LUXURY Brand. If you didn't know that then congratulations; you've just learned something new today. BMW is a prestigious brand, but not a pure luxury brand. Again, their company slogan is Ultimate Driving Machine. It's a known fact among most enthusiasts that pretty much nearly all their cars have a lot of sport to them and have above average handling, even the X5 and the 7 series. The 7 series is about as close as pure luxury as it gets for BMW. And even that car compared to a Mercedes S class or a Lexus LS has much better road manners and feels a lot sportier.
Dont' even get me started on the M5, M6, M3, those are some of the best handling cars in the world period.

So for the last time, buy yourself some clue.

And, not to stray too far from the topic at hand, I would still like to know why would Nissan make the 350z softer than a G35, being that the 350z is their flagship sports car and the G is a mainstream entry level luxury car. Please elaborate. If you somehow can explain that I'll definitely nominate you for the dumbass of the year award on my350z.com
Old 12-25-2006, 06:47 AM
RBlover69

Im just at awe at the lack of explaination of defending a biased point. Were all car enthusiasts but thats like me saying a altima ser is faster then the new gtr , say nothing but yea it is ....i dont know why but it is. And state nothing to back u his claims. I stand by my statement above. The G sedan on my test drive and of the current reviews state that the car is a excellent ride great engine poor gas milage. But excellent ride comfort and a refined sports sedan superior to what infiniti had in previous year, but in no way does any body any reviewer any person who has test drove one including my self said that if u took a G sedan on a handling road course that its superior to a 350z nor on its level as far as handling abilities. Prove that point and then u have a valid argument. If not then keep on thinking the G sedan will be the choice over 350z at road race events and teams all over will switch to the G sedan becasue of its handling capabilites far surpass a 350z. It makes no sense , u make no sense, looking at it logical makes no sense. Now rsr and all the drift teams and touge are gonna be swtiching to a G sedan over the Z becasue its obviously that superior , lol do u see how it doesnt make sense. The car is excellent but not a Z replacement on the track as much as the Z isnt a G sedan replacement. Wow ignorance is bliss, i would love to school ya at pocono with such amazing claims, dont get shocked if u ever go racing and get passed by,a simple spec miata . Its more then having a powerfull engine brotha, ....the Z can have a ls7 in it but if its purpose wasnt designed for the track then it will suck at the track . Take for instace the GT500 . Amazing engine, but yet at VIR it gets dominated by a chevy cobalt SS lmao. BTW we all know what place the Z took at that comparision. Yea now we have to worry about g sedans takign that crown cmon . lol

Last edited by RBlover69; 12-25-2006 at 06:53 AM.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:59 PM
SergEK

Where did you get your info and what did the hard numbers show SHOW US YOUR PROOF

I'll bet you $100 right now my track model parked outside woffle stomps the new Sedan at an SCCA run and hangs/slightly pulls in a straightline against one

The HR motor is nice but as others have said it doesnt instantly provide Enzo ferrari handling to its home chassis simply by residing there chief
Old 12-26-2006, 03:23 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Ripken Stadium, Aberdeen, MD. 06/2006

The G35 runs D Stock. Do you think that the G35 2007 will run B Stock with the 350Z?
Old 12-26-2006, 03:23 PM
RBlover69

Originally Posted by SergEK
Where did you get your info and what did the hard numbers show SHOW US YOUR PROOF

I'll bet you $100 right now my track model parked outside woffle stomps the new Sedan at an SCCA run and hangs/slightly pulls in a straightline against one

The HR motor is nice but as others have said it doesnt instantly provide Enzo ferrari handling to its home chassis simply by residing there chief
He is still searching google for something of revelance , lmao hes a troll talks about stuff has no baises of informative no how, or rebuttle and then leaves to troll other threads with his nonesense fanboy comments. I doubt we will see anything worth talking about from him. I doubt he understand next to nothing about suspension and probably doesnt even understand a Gsedans suspension or his own 350z if he even owns one. Well, ...it was fun there are the majority who own sports cars and know sqaut about what there car is and what it was designed for, ...or even its own stock components. Hes wont probably respond becasue he realized he makes no sense. If u check the street racing forum hes probably there stating the new HR gave his geo metro the TQ of a veyron with half the cost. This obviously resulted in exige like cornering abilities and the ability to have vertical thrust. hes a troll ....let him belittle himself serg and others who obviously are wanting more then a fanboys comments.

AND DAVIDV that pic is golden. Lmao LMAO good sht....he obviously has no idea of what hes talking about. lol

Last edited by RBlover69; 12-26-2006 at 03:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Stock 350Z vs 2007 G35 Sedan