Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

work log for boosted ls1 350z swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 04:36 PM
parish8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default work log for boosted ls1 350z swap

sorry if this is not the best spot for this.

http://neufamily.org/images/350zgallery/index.htm

i have a decent start on my next project and thought it was a good time to start a work log.

i picked this roller up from a member on here, it has been striped down and weighs very little. seller told me 2650 with a ls motor and th400. it will be a little heavier for me with a full cage, iron block, turbos and 4l80e but i bet still under 3000lbs.

next was to pick up a driveline. i found this on craigslist for $2k. 2003 2500 2wd with 140k on it. i sold what i didn't use for $900 so that puts the motor, trans, harness, ecm, alt, starter, flex plate, tb, tac... all for $1100. seems like a good deal. under the valve covers was very clean and the outside of the motor cleaned up nice with a little work.

so far i have just set the motor/trans in the car to see how it looks. after looking at all of the oil pans out there i ordered a holly swap pan and in a few days when i get that i will be working on some mounts.

i also picked up a set of 2100cc injectors.

for starters i plan on running a mostly stock motor and shift kit only 4l80e. i would like to do the intake and turbo set up nice right away along with the fuel system. i am going set up the turbos and fuel system for over 1000hp but i may never get to that amount of power.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That car is a POS... I would never buy it...
Old 09-09-2013, 03:18 PM
parish8

Originally Posted by Quamen
That car is a POS... I would never buy it...
no kidding!
Old 09-09-2013, 03:18 PM
parish8

got a ms3-pro today.

at first i was considering using a squirt to handle speed based boost and nitrous control(wot, rpm window, boost window) and maybe fire my 2nd fuel pump. thought it would be a good way to get all that done and keep things clean rather than have a bunch of little parts making it all work. just a boost controller with speed based function is over $500 and nitrous would need wot switch, rpm window switch and boost window switch.

after looking at all the features on the ms3-pro i have decided to use it to run a lot more. i might be keeping the stock ecm for drive by wire and trans control only.

just a few of the functions i am going to try.

flex fuel sensor input
closed loop speed based boost
progressive nitrous controller, 2 of them built in with wot, window, fuel
knock sensors that will tell you what cyl is knocking
individual cyl trim for fuel and timing
3 step
traction control via 2 speed sensors and timing, fuel and boost control.
main fuel pump control
2nd fuel pump control
fan control
you can use it as a timer to release your trans brake if you want.
there are many more features but those are the ones that caught my eye. cant want to start playing with this thing.

i will likely even try and use a bluetooth tablet for a dashboard, the number of things people are doing with these things is nuts.

this thing looks very nice. i have used squirts on a few projects in the past and they worked great but were a little on the basic side as far as the package and the connectors were not automotive type or weather proof. this new one is crazy nice right down to the box that it came in. i will be reporting on how well these features work.

for example i know traction control is often not very effective on high hp cars so it will be neat to see how well it works. it has 2 speed sensor inputs and looks for a variance and can do any number things to reduce power, random cyl cut, fuel cut or add, timing cut, proportional nitrous cut, boost cut. all of these are adjustable and proportional to the amount of slip so you can see where it might be hard to get it to work. should be fun trying.

Old 02-24-2014, 01:29 PM
ConradoR

Any updates on this?