Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

Observations\breakdown of my time slips vs Mods (Full write-up)

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 06:56 AM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Observations\breakdown of my time slips vs Mods (Full write-up)

AEM CAI only:

With this setup I have about 12 runs on 3 diffrent occasions. Counting only the ones in 50-60 degree weather (had 4 of those runs in 100 degree heat which resulted in lower traps on average by about .6 mph)

Without getting much into ET numbers (because they are influenced too much by 60') basically you can say it has stock characteristics.. Good balance of low end pull and top end. This is what I will compare my other mods to.

Traps averaging about 100.3 - 1\8 traps are about 79 on average

AEM CAI + Borla TD + EARTH GND KIT

With this setup I have 4 runs one 1 night, weather about 50 degrees.

With the exhaust I deffinatly noticed a difference in low end power and top end seems a bit better. Basically seemed to just add to the stock characterastics on the butt dyno. But the track showed diffrently.

My traps average went down about .5 mph, best trap of the night was 99.92, don't know if it was because of a strange weather thing or if it really was because of the enhaust but my ETs dropped. I managed my best 1\8 time and trap yet getting below 9.0 and above 80mph but my 1/4 traps were lower but overall ET dropped about .15-2 vs similar 60's from the CAI.

Seem like I gained low end but lost some top end.

AEM CAI moddified into a pop charger+JWT heat shield + Borla TD + EARTH GND KIT + Kinetix Plenum

5 Runs in 70+ degree weather. 2 were nearly useless due to wheel hop and spinnage.. Overall a BAD 60' night for me and everybody due to bad track conditions.

IMO the Plenum addition seems to make acceleration under 3500 a bit flat. This was expecially noticable after bogging out of the hole on a run, similiar to a V-Tec feeling but obviously not nearly as pronounced. Top end screams compared to pre-plenum status, expecially near the redline (higher rev limiter may help ALOT).

1\8 times were some of my worst yet, mostly 9.15-9.2 @79.5ish but top end ETs were decent concidering my bad 60's and my average trap increased to about 101.3 from like 99.8 from previous outing . I am hoping the low end loss is due to the combination of tire spinnage + my filter being somewhat dirty and beat up from my AEM CAI--> Popcharger mod.

Next time out I will have drag radials+New filter and I am hoping for no less then a 13.6-13.7@101.5-102+ or I hang up my modding for good.

Last edited by Daytona Blue Z in Bo; 05-24-2004 at 07:04 AM.
Old 05-24-2004, 06:31 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try hitting the track a few more times with good conditions (low temp, low density altitude, low humidity) and see if you traps improve....if not, I don't know what to tell ya.

I trapped 100.5mph stock one day...BAD conditions and then 103mph another day with great conditions.

Stock both times and my BEST traps varied by 2.5mph.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:24 AM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
try hitting the track a few more times with good conditions (low temp, low density altitude, low humidity) and see if you traps improve....if not, I don't know what to tell ya.

I trapped 100.5mph stock one day...BAD conditions and then 103mph another day with great conditions.

Stock both times and my BEST traps varied by 2.5mph.
My best trap stock (with CAI) was 100.86.. Then on another night I couldn't get above 99.6 so I know what you mean.

Also I installed my plenum literally 3 days before going to the track so its also possible the ECU may of needed time to be adjusted. It does seem faster now.

I am ordering BFG Drag radials soon and i'm gonna hit the track with them and i'll post my results
Old 05-25-2004, 06:44 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awesome...let us know how it goes!