Notices
Drift SCCA Formula Drift, Drift Showoff, Drift Session, Drift Day, D1 Grand Prix, Drift Nation

just tried my 1st "clutch kick!" WooHoo!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Justin@MRC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z33_SPL
Whoever says you shouldn't clutchkick, boosted or not, doesn't know what they're talking about. If you want that gangster line and early *** entry, you want to clutch kick and/or ebrake into the turn. Drift the whole turn and initiate as early as possible. Coasting and/or braking around the first part and powering over past the apex is lame. Perfect example right here.

http://bai-westco.com/htm/team_westc...p/200703_1.MPG
The little asian man knows what he's talking about. I've been driving with him for roughly 2 years now at local events, and since he was stock (not saying he has a lot of work) he (and I) have been beating the crap out of his car. Clutch-kick is a necessity in drifting, and if you tell me that it doesn't, I'm going to tell you that you've never drifted.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:18 AM
solarinsocal

Originally Posted by QuadCam
I have always thought of a Powerslide as more of slide initiated from coming in too hot to a turn and end up sliding the turn........

this was a purposeful tail-out exhibition!! I don't know what to call it...other than alot of fun!!!!

Power sliding is just power over-steer. Going into the corner "grip", transition into oversteer, and then lay on the power. Drifting begins the "turn" well before the turn by using a feint, e-brake pull, braking turn-in, or clutch kick. I don't know about you guys in your Z but the Supra requires high speed braking drift or lower speed clutch kick to get the rear out.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:57 AM
DMK

Can someone explain the steps of clutch kicking in a Z?
Old 08-25-2007, 01:28 PM
willyd6869

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the gas...push in clutch with foot on gas...let of clutch...the built up revs break the rear loose.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:12 PM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats!! Clutch kick is indeed the easiest way to initiate the "real" drift..
I do think some people here are confusing the power slide from the "real" drift... some people may argue that power slide is also a form of drift, but if you know what it take to pull off a beautiful drift.. you'll agree with me on this... Power slide is the one you see in the movies that people do while exiting the corners by stomping on the gas... Weak sauce and boring.. For the real drift, you must initiate oversteer as you enter the corner or even before the corner..

As you will find out, you might even have to clutch kick multiple times while drifting through a long speedy sweeping hairpin if the entering speed is too low to maintain the drift... I use clutch kick along with the paint move combo... This creates a smoother transition to an oversteer in my opinion.

<<<<-----------------Ah~~~ I misss drifting....

Last edited by leeboyNY; 08-28-2007 at 11:23 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:35 PM
NGZ

Like this crazy dude... Orido?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=j2qLW3wU2Ug
Old 09-05-2007, 05:06 PM
kevtrinh

be careful not to rev too high when doing your first clutch kick initiation or else youll just end up spinning out. You just want to raise the revs enough to break traction. Clutch kicks are also good ways to make your spin outs not as violent as in blipping the clutch so instead of spinning 180, you spin a 3 and you wont be as embarrased !