Notices
Drift SCCA Formula Drift, Drift Showoff, Drift Session, Drift Day, D1 Grand Prix, Drift Nation

Mineral Wells, TX 4/10/2010 drift event and car meet

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 06:54 AM
venommaxr33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea it's an SC, looking to get my suspension seats and wheels as soon as I get back from so cal

Originally Posted by Hydralisk
sick, its the SC300?

and after looking at pictures of my Z, I hope I can keep it!!!! Im in love with the Z!

Last edited by venommaxr33; 03-28-2010 at 06:56 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:17 AM
n2oZ

Hey guys,

Ive since traded off my 07 z but this is close to my area and ide love to bring my 2010 camaro SS down and play =) I didn't know if this was for imports only or what.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:45 PM
aaronlosey

any type of car is welcome. if this is your first event bring some used tires mounted on spare wheels you can tear up, and a helmet! you will have a blast!
Old 03-30-2010, 12:47 PM
aaronlosey

Don't forget this MW event is coming up, get ready!!!!!

On a different note, the GSS event was a lot of fun, and had some great driving at it. Thanks for coming out everyone! Here are some pics in link form!

http://www.houston240sx.com/showthread.php?t=44547

http://fisheyepix.smugmug.com/Sports...22548827_peWcR

Old 03-30-2010, 01:23 PM
Nackers

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

....awesome!
Old 04-04-2010, 09:56 PM
aaronlosey

I thought I would toss this in here, it is a recap of an amazing event I just had a part in down in Houston.

-------------------------------------

Ok, here we go.....

I was contacted several months ago by the gentlemen at Import Reactor and Anime Matsuri to throw them a drift event. *They wanted the drift event to be big, awesome, fast, at naight, with walls, etc. *I was excited to be a part of this, so I agreed to do it. *Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Maydaygarage.com was a huge part of everything. *

We went about making this awesome by hand selecting the drivers that would come, then the venue, then adding everything that a cool event needs. *John wanted to do it at night, and he wanted it to be fast, so we did that. *The other John likes to do everything big so he went through the effort of getting Van Gitten Jr down to class the joint up, along with Smokey Nagata. *Then they had the cool idea of getting the car show people involved by basically raffling the drifters off to them, which turned out extremely cool. *

So, after lots of planning, taking care of all the details I drove down on Tuesday night to start the preparations for the event. *I had already been down to the track to scout everything out earlier in the week, and had just thrown the road course GSS event a couple days prior, so this was a lot of time on the road. *But anyways I went down and crashed at Chelsea's house, got up in the morning, had some Panera Bread, and headed over to GGP. There was a huge fork lift that was waiting for me, which was one of the highlights of my weekend. *That thing was rad! *We spent all day trying to get the Krails on the ground, along with the fencing, course layout, etc. *I got to drive a bit and tandem around which was fun between working, and around midnight or so I got to leave and go to sleep. *Oh yeah, I ate dinner with Derrick and JR's dad, who is crazy lol! *I woke up early and got breakfast again and planned out the schedule with a John, and went back to work. *I setup all day long, kept everything on schedule, and as luck would have it, pretty much everything went super smooth! *Van Gitten gave ride alongs, entertained the crowd, and was professional. *JRod announced, my volunteers kept everything going, the drivers were awesome, the lights were bright, and the crowd was happy. *Stew won, Sammi Tiger got second, and Ameen got third. *There was some awesome driving, along with some 14 car tandem with JR leading, Speedhunters coverage, professional camera stuff going on, etc. *

After the event I was there stupid late cleaning, and I could barely walk that night, I was a zombie. *We woke up the next day and had Panera AGAIN, and went over to the Anime/Car show. *It was extremely classy, in a SWANK area, with something like 10000+ anime kids running around. *It was huge, they rented out an entire hotel in a swank area, and the event was really well thrown. *Stew and Russell got thrown out of the event for doing burnouts, but they were able to come back in after their cars were removed. *

I just want to say thanks to Anime Matsuri, Maydaygarage, and Import Reactor for letting me be a part of this. *I was proud to put on the drifting show, and you guys did Texas drift scene a great service by putting so much of your resources behind it. *I hope all my drivers contact the organizers and personally thank them.

Here is a bit of media coverage. *More will be up soon, and it will be awesome!

http://www.stanceworks.com/canibeat/?p=10710

http://www.castanedaphotography.com/

This is one of the Johns on the left everyone needs to thank for the event. *He was the resources and a lot of the logistics behind it. *

Here is Derrick rockng the brat. *He was about the second closest person to the wall time after time next to JR, Sammi and Russell.

My friend Sammi. *Too fast to be captured by film, even when out of his car.

SHREDDER

Chelsea!

-----------

Maydaygarage took the effort to go around before the event and put up drivers bio's for a lot of the drivers which was awesome too, with full photo shoots and everything. *Please go to Maydaygarage.com for all of them, but here are a few of them below. *

http://maydaygarage.com/2010/03/24/i-r-dri...-hooters-drift/

http://maydaygarage.com/2010/03/22/i-r-dri...-gnarley-drift/

http://maydaygarage.com/2010/03/18/i-r-dri...n-brad-burnett/