Notices
Drift SCCA Formula Drift, Drift Showoff, Drift Session, Drift Day, D1 Grand Prix, Drift Nation

Free drifting class in Fort Worth, TX June 12th.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 07:33 AM
aaronlosey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free drifting class in Fort Worth, TX June 12th.

Howdy everyone!

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that Derrick and I, and possibly Chelsea will be conducting a class the day before my June 13th in Fort Worth for anyone that wants to come. You must register in advance by PMing me on fabricatedmotorsports.com/forum or on houston240sx.com. The class will be free, will last around 4 hours I would guess, and will focus on a range of drifting topics.

1. Derrick will cover car setup, along with general suspension stuff such as roll center, bump steer, damping, spring rates, and tons of other stuff. We will chat about how to setup a drift car to todays standards. We will explain how cut knuckles work, how they are made, proper cage building, and anything else you can ask. We can also lay out pro builds if you are curious how they work, and explain how they are different than local stuff.

2. We will discuss in detail all the basic drift techniques, and explain how they relate to each other, line, entry, and your overall run. We will discuss in detail how your entry speed can be affected by tons of factors, your line, braking, gas, angle, and everything else. We will basically break everything down so you understand what is going on, and after all this, you won't just be driving towards the corner and randomly clutch kicking and see where it takes you! You will CONTROL your line, and you will be FASTER around the course than everyone else. We will talk about how the car reacts to inputs, or doesn't react to inputs. There is a ton of stuff to talk about, and we will just start basic and keep getting more advanced.

3. We will talk about advanced techniques. I will run you through some techniques you can't just feel your way through, that you have to memorize. This includes the 360. Advanced techniques either require years of driving to figure out, or a simple memorization of their parts, and then 20 minutes of practice in your car! We will also cover different drifting styles and how they work, such as low angle high speed stuff like Taniguchi, and high angle low speed stuff like Mikespeed. Understanding styles is cool because then you can change your drifting technique and go around the course in many different ways, having more fun.

After you go through all of this, you can practice everything the next day at Mineral Wells! Even if you aren't going to Mineral Wells the next day, come on out! Just make sure to PM me and reserve a spot. We only have room for about 10-15 people, and I already know of about half the spots being taken. And remember, this is FREE.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:33 AM
J. Dub

That's awesome you guys are doing that for free. Wish I could join.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:40 AM
JustaShotCaller

Man i wish i could go
Old 06-04-2010, 11:32 AM
aaronlosey

<object width="450" height="253"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=12298207&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show _title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=00a def&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=12298207&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show _title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=00a def&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="450" height="253"></embed></object>