Notices
Drift SCCA Formula Drift, Drift Showoff, Drift Session, Drift Day, D1 Grand Prix, Drift Nation

Central Texas drift community

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 09:22 AM
Driftwannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Texas drift community

I'm relatively new to drifting, and I have yet to meet anybody in my area that is into drifting. Everybody I know that drifts is atleast 4hrs and a half hour. I would love to get into contact with as many "drifters" in the central Texas are as I can to bounce ideas and information off of each other. If I can talk to enough people in the area I would love to try to rent out a lot and have practice days every once in awhile or find out where people in this area practice other than empty lots
Old 06-03-2013, 12:31 PM
Deedilus

http://fabricatedmotorsports.com

Where in Texas are you located? I'm in San Antonio, and I compete in the Lone Star Drift series (scratch that, just saw you're in Austin). There are tons of events at the Mineral Wells Airport about 1 1/2 hours west of D/FW. We compete and have fun events at Mineral Wells, Texas Motor Speedway, Houston, and occasionally in Austin. There are "play" events every month at Mineral Wells.

There is also Stick to Drifting which has a lot of events at Mineral Wells there. I will resist going into detail my opinions on the general attitude of most of the drivers that attend those events. My first event was a Stick to Drifting event at Mineral Wells, I know they have their own series thing now as well. No idea their schedule or anything though.

There is also UpShift Videos, they keep throwing free events at Mineral Wells as well. Don't expect professional grade courses or videos from those events though. But they are free, so there's that.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:13 PM
Driftwannabe

i hope you actually check this thread again. i went to my first drift day this past sunday and it was a mineral wells play day put on by fabricated motorsports lol if your familiar with fabricated motorsports im assuming you know Aaron, he drove my car and gave me really helpful tips, and might have known Tyler ***, Tyler was my cousin and his passing is the main reason ive picked up this hobby. Im located in kyle but i would love to meet people closer to my area like you for in between events

click the link to see the thread with footage from my first day

https://my350z.com/forum/drift/58050...y-footage.html

Last edited by Driftwannabe; 06-25-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:50 AM
Deedilus

Originally Posted by Driftwannabe
i hope you actually check this thread again. i went to my first drift day this past sunday and it was a mineral wells play day put on by fabricated motorsports lol if your familiar with fabricated motorsports im assuming you know Aaron, he drove my car and gave me really helpful tips, and might have known Tyler ***, Tyler was my cousin and his passing is the main reason ive picked up this hobby. Im located in kyle but i would love to meet people closer to my area like you for in between events

click the link to see the thread with footage from my first day

https://my350z.com/forum/drift/58050...y-footage.html
Good deal man! I nearly went to that event, but my Z isn't back from Derrick Rogers with it's new knuckles yet, so no go. Aaron is a great guy, I had him drive my car at Round 2 and he loved it. Whatever he tells you to do, DO IT! He knows what he's doing, and he's an absolutely brilliant driver. He was formerly a Formula D and D1 driver here in the states, a lot of the new guys in the Texas Drift scene don't understand exactly who people like Aaron, Russell Walker, and Derrick Rogers are and how important they are to Texas drifting. I had Will Parsons drive my car this last event and he also fell in love with it, so I think I've hit the set up pretty well. I'd be more than happy to give you some info on my current setup to give you a sort of direction.

Unfortunately I didn't know Tyler very well, but I did get to meet him at Lone Star Bash and Round 2 last year, and he was such an awesome dude. I was so bummed when I heard, especially since most of the people I hang out with here in San Antonio are the OG Texas drift kids that were all really good friends with Tyler. I work with one of them, the day they got the news was definitely a rough one.

Add me on Facebook! http://facebook.com/deedilus, unfortunately due to this season and how involved Aaron has made me in the whole Lone Star Drift "demo" group and whatnot I have NO money so I can't really drive up to Kyle or Austin very often, but the next big event is the end of July two day event with the D1GP driver Masashi Yakoi. CANNOT WAIT!! Hit me up closer to then and maybe we can meet up on the way up there and cruise up there together. If you want, at the event I'd be happy to drive your car if you want and give you my input as well.

Good to see you're enjoying this sport dude, you're on the right track!
Old 11-23-2013, 09:23 AM
idriveslideways

I am also newer to the area. I picked up my 07 Z a few months ago to replace my disappointment of an S13. I am trying to get out to some of the Fabricated Motorsports events and some of the Upshift video events as well. I hope to see you guys there!
Old 12-31-2013, 04:29 PM
idriveslideways

If you guys haven't heard, CTXD Showoff is starting up again. Check it out on Facebook.