Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

Don't be lazy! (aka Tires N Rims SUCKS)

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 07:54 PM
IVRY PRL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't be lazy! (aka Tires N Rims SUCKS)

So, I needed to get my winters mounted on the Civic. Couldn't get ahold of Tires23, as they were doing god knows what on their phone.
I gave Frank at Speedstar a call, cause he's cool like that, and I set up an appointment for Monday night. When I thought about it after though, I really didn't want to wait till Monday, so I decided to skip work and get it done today. I couldn't really get ahold of Frank though (he forgot his phone somewhere), and I was too lazy to randomly show up at Speedstar, so I typed tires in yellowpages, and did a proximity search.
A place called Tires N Rims came up. It was really close to my house, so I figured, screw it, I'll go there. So, I called them, and made an appointment for noon. They said it would be 60 bucks, which is more than what Frank quoted me, but again, I was being lazy, didn't want to make the trip, so again, figured screw it, and agreed.
It took them TWO and a HALF FACKING hours to get my 13" winters mounted. There's incompetence, and then there's this ****. Plus I had to pay tax, so it was like almost 70 bucks, to wait for two and a half hours. God.
I would've never taken my G to some no-name shop like that, but I figured, Civic, whatever. No.
Lesson? Get your lazy *** to Speedstar, or someone you know isn't an idiot. Even if it's your beater. It's a matter of principle, if we all do this, we'll drive idiots out of business, and there will only be competent shops out there. I used to go by the rule of, if it's simple enough, I'll let whoever is nearest do it, because even an idiot wouldn't be able to screw it up. Today has made me lose ALL faith in that. Even for the most BASIC of crap, I will only go to people I know are competent.

Last edited by IVRY PRL; 11-20-2008 at 07:57 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:03 AM
Doba

LOL @ your failed lazyness
Old 11-21-2008, 06:41 PM
rzua5

OMG... $70 for 13" Anyways, let me know if you need to get any of your tires mounted in the future Antonio.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:03 AM
XuperXero

^Speedstar needs to increase their shop size and allow walk-in customers. This is a reason why I have NEVER got anything done there. I don't like making appointments, I like work done on my car when I randomly feel like it lol. Simone always makes room for walk-in customers like me
Old 11-22-2008, 07:47 AM
IVRY PRL

I like appointments actually. I'm not a waiting kinda guy. I considered risking it and showing up at either Tires23 or Speedstar, but I really didn't want the scenario of showing up, and they're all booked up. And I think Frank does both actually... Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure you can just show up, as long as you're not interfering with the time slot of someone who DOES have an appointment.