Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

2010 GTA Z Spotting Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 05:26 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AVmagneticZ
Ps thanks for the kind words church
Its the truth bro..

Originally Posted by noodleman
and that was before his HKS.
L O fkn L
Old 04-15-2010, 05:50 AM
2TH PWR

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

Old 04-15-2010, 07:07 AM
xdragus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

top 350z in this forum ladies and gentlemen. when you see this beast on the street holla at yo boi.

I was going to stay out of this thread because Reality is doing a good job so far but since i'm a bit bored...heres more to add to the fire.

volks look like rotas?? wha (https://my350z.com/forum/media-share...ml#post8217253)

Last edited by xdragus; 04-15-2010 at 07:09 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:13 AM
xdragus

lol should post back in the top picks thread that you're repping Axis Hiros so that we can see you get hit by the Internetz.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:21 AM
bwk

Originally Posted by Kiriller

Ive seen too many people with with authentic parts showing they stuff off when in fact they used their parents money to buy the car and all the parts, so really your really showing off what your parents accomplished and not your self. I my self is on the budget, saving up for more meaningful things (place to live is one of them). so judge all you want at least i payed for my things

I've owned replica parts in the past and can tell you they are far inferior parts in terms of fitment and quality. You will ended up spending alot more $$ few months down the road fixing problems that come with them. Honestly you really are not saving yourself that much money when you end up fixing/replacing everthing later on.

To say that everyone here with authentic parts are spending mommy and daddys hard earned money is just ignorant and may offend some. Maybe you should think next time before saying **** like that. I can tell you most of us do have full time jobs and pay for all the parts and our cars ourselves.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:27 AM
FaIRLaDiiZ

haha..this thread is completely off topic ? :-)
Old 04-15-2010, 08:33 AM
bwk

Originally Posted by FaIRLaDiiZ
haha..this thread is completely off topic ? :-)
Sorry..LOL

have a little free time @ work and just had to put in my 2 cents

Back on topic.. spotted 350Ger's PPW Z w/ F-Zero blue TE37. Wheels look awesome

Last edited by bwk; 04-15-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:18 AM
AVmagneticZ

Damn would like to see that in person ^
Old 04-15-2010, 09:30 AM
mistanismo

Alright guys, honestly, the flaming needs to stop. This is a small enough community as it stands and I've met very few of you, but I am slightly agast at the malicious nature this thread has evolved into...

I don't hear anyone bashing Kiriller when he reskins his seats and many of you are asking him how/where he got the material, how to install it, and even how if he'll do it for you? When he started the carbon fake wrapping of various interior parts a whole bunch of members expressed interest, he shared his source and helped with posting pictures... it's far from authentic carbon fibre as you'd need actual peices and not a re-wrap but that didn't seem to curb anyones interest...why? Because it looked good and flush.

He's not a bad guy and this has gotten out of hand. He made some odd posts apparently, from what I breifly looked at, but he clearly has immense pride of ownership and I don't think he's ever gone out of his way to bash anyone...

The only mistake, if you want to call it that which he made was referring to his parts with the implication that they were authentic. It is his choice to install whatever he wants on his car, and live with the consequences regarding fitment, quality and the duration of which they will last... I personally would not install a replica unless I was certain of its quality. I own an ARK TD exhaust, which was modelled after the HKS and is essentially the same design. It contains new improvements and an actual X pipe. The welding is superior and it is done entirely in T304 steel. The only thing it doesn't have that the HKS does is adjustable tips. I got it on an introductory promotion and payed, including shipping, just under 1100 CAD when the dollar was almost par. I would consider this a 'knock off' part, but it exceeds the quality of the HKS honestly, dynos show improvement over the HKS and unlike the other replicas, it sells for just under 1000USD$ now... so really, the only thing I didn't pay for was the HKS name... and I saved close to 600$. I think it was an educated purchase, but maybe in the eyes of other members it makes me one of those turning my car into a honda? I don't really care, I am merely trying to illustrate a point.

I have also never, ever referred to my exhaust as an HKS, i put it in my signature as it is, and whenever anyone asks me about my car, specifically the exhaust... I explain it as it is. Infact I make sure I make note of the X-pipe which can clearly been distinguished under the car... I have received compliments on the exhaust from shops repped here as well, so I guess it can't be that bad?

When you all go to the pharmacy, do you buy advil or ibuprofen? Quite a similar concept. If you purchase the generic, which can be had for 40% less, you are not supporting the catalyst original process by which the drug was formulated... oh no? I buy ibuprofen, the pharmaceuticals margins made off the exclusive time ibuprofen was made solely under the advil label should suffice, I think. I realize again, somewhat off topic, but it's the concept.

And the who'se got the sweetest Z thread? That should just be called who can/chooses to deposit the most $ into their 350z.

Everyones got a different budget and priority sequence. Everyone here cares about their car, but lets face it, we all come from different economic backgrounds... some of you drop 10K+ a year on your cars exclusively in modifications for performance and aesthetics a year, we're not talking maintenance/gas either... if you can AFFORD to do that, that's great... not everyone can.

Every modification that goes onto my car is a careful, calculated decision. I buy quality name parts 95 times out of 100 because I don't want to deal with the shitty issues replicas and aftermarkets bring, honestly... that was the reason why I bought a nismo, I liked the look, it was done at the factory, and they were authentic nismo parts... so I don't need to touch the body and can focus solely on performance, a personal choice. If the opportuntity arises to purchase a performance mod I know is solid and I want to buy it, I will... I don't care who makes it, it just so happens just like aesthetic parts however... they are often made by the larger more reputable, authentic companies. If they're not however, I'll buy it anyways.

Modifications are subjective regardless.

I'm the youngest member on here at just under 23, I believe... I will be 23 very soon. I bought my car with savings from my job in the nutrition industry and personal training. I owe nothing on it. I worked my *** off while attending U of T full time plus 30/h a week work at least plus in the gym. My parents didn't give me anything because they thought it was utterly rediculous I wanted a car, this car,that badly. They don't help me financially regarding anything I undertake actually. I don't live with either of them as well, I am on my own with my girlfriend.

Wow, that was long.

In summary: JDM is great. Support it for the sake of their innovation and because you know you won't have issues. If you cannot afford something that you know will work, you run the risk of having to dump additional $ into fitment and god knows what else. You want to buy a replica? Go ahead, but don't ***** if it doesn't work out (and there are plenty of examples of this).

Whatever happens you should be proud of your car, and what you've done to it and not disguise anything...

We shouldn't let something as small as replicas divide this community and reduce it to name calling and bitter banter though.

Last edited by mistanismo; 04-15-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:41 AM
BashaZ

Originally Posted by mistanismo
Alright guys, honestly, the flaming needs to stop. This is a small enough community as it stands and I've met very few of you, but I am slightly agast at the malicious nature this thread has evolved into...

I don't hear anyone bashing Kiriller when he reskins his seats and many of you are asking him how/where he got the material, how to install it, and even how if he'll do it for you? When he started the carbon fake wrapping of various interior parts a whole bunch of members expressed interest, he shared his source and helped with posting pictures... it's far from authentic carbon fibre as you'd need actual peices and not a re-wrap but that didn't seem to curb anyones interest...why? Because it looked good and flush.

He's not a bad guy and this has gotten out of hand. He made some odd posts apparently, from what I breifly looked at, but he clearly has immense pride of ownership and I don't think he's ever gone out of his way to bash anyone...

The only mistake, if you want to call it that which he made was referring to his parts with the implication that they were authentic. It is his choice to install whatever he wants on his car, and live with the consequences regarding fitment, quality and the duration of which they will last... I personally would not install a replica unless I was certain of its quality. I own an ARK TD exhaust, which was modelled after the HKS and is essentially the same design. It contains new improvements and an actual X pipe. The welding is superior and it is done entirely in T304 steel. The only thing it doesn't have that the HKS does is adjustable tips. I got it on an introductory promotion and payed, including shipping, just under 1100 CAD when the dollar was almost par. I would consider this a 'knock off' part, but it exceeds the quality of the HKS honestly, dynos show improvement over the HKS and unlike the other replicas, it sells for just under 1000USD$ now... so really, the only thing I didn't pay for was the HKS name... and I saved close to 600$. I think it was an educated purchase, but maybe in the eyes of other members it makes me one of those turning my car into a honda? I don't really care, I am merely trying to illustrate a point.

I have also never, ever referred to my exhaust as an HKS, i put it in my signature as it is, and whenever anyone asks me about my car, specifically the exhaust... I explain it as it is. Infact I make sure I make note of the X-pipe which can clearly been distinguished under the car... I have received compliments on the exhaust from shops repped here as well, so I guess it can't be that bad?

When you all go to the pharmacy, do you buy advil or ibuprofen? Quite a similar concept. If you purchase the generic, which can be had for 40% less, you are not supporting the catalyst original process by which the drug was formulated... oh no? I buy ibuprofen, the pharmaceuticals margins made off the exclusive time ibuprofen was made solely under the advil label should suffice, I think. I realize again, somewhat off topic, but it's the concept.

And the who'se got the sweetest Z thread? That should just be called who can/chooses to deposit the most $ into their 350z.

Everyones got a different budget and priority sequence. Everyone here cares about their car, but lets face it, we all come from different economic backgrounds... some of you drop 10K+ a year on your cars exclusively in modifications for performance and aesthetics a year, we're not talking maintenance/gas either... if you can AFFORD to do that, that's great... not everyone can.

Every modification that goes onto my car is a careful, calculated decision. I buy quality name parts 95 times out of 100 because I don't want to deal with the shitty issues replicas and aftermarkets bring, honestly... that was the reason why I bought a nismo, I liked the look, it was done at the factory, and they were authentic nismo parts... so I don't need to touch the body and can focus solely on performance, a personal choice. If the opportuntity arises to purchase a performance mod I know is solid and I want to buy it, I will... I don't care who makes it, it just so happens just like aesthetic parts however... they are often made by the larger more reputable, authentic companies. If they're not however, I'll buy it anyways.

Modifications are subjective regardless.

I'm the youngest member on here at just under 23, I believe... I will be 23 very soon. I bought my car with savings from my job in the nutrition industry and personal training. I owe nothing on it. I worked my *** off while attending U of T full time plus 30/h a week work at least plus in the gym. My parents didn't give me anything because they thought it was utterly rediculous I wanted a car, this car,that badly. They don't help me financially regarding anything I undertake actually. I don't live with either of them as well, I am on my own with my girlfriend.

Wow, that was long.

In summary: JDM is great. Support it for the sake of their innovation and because you know you won't have issues. If you cannot afford something that you know will work, you run the risk of having to dump additional $ into fitment and god knows what else. You want to buy a replica? Go ahead, but don't ***** if it doesn't work out (and there are plenty of examples of this).

Whatever happens you should be proud of your car, and what you've done to it and not disguise anything...

We shouldn't let something as small as replicas divide this community and reduce it to name calling and bitter banter though.
WOW ^^ Well said...
Old 04-15-2010, 10:09 AM
xdragus

Very well said but i'll carry my pitchfork still because EC has been on snooze mode the past 2 years after Doba left ;p
Old 04-15-2010, 10:13 AM
noodleman

Except the generic brand companies pay for the right to make ibuprofen legally, rather than just reverse engineering advils to make ibuprofen. The concept is actually quite different.

if you can't afford it, don't buy it. Pretty sure everyone here can afford fake vents from canadian tire or their "racing seats". If someone were to put those on a Z, do you think that person isn't going to get flamed?
Old 04-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

-My point is/was, purchasing replica parts is one thing.. (not my money so I don't care), but trying to promote your parts as something of higher value (status if you will) is simply stupid. Don't chest pump and shout out reasoning as to why you made the purchase, if you're simply going to imply the parts you have are something, they are obviously NOT.

Mistanismo -Since you may not be aware, I will give you an example of character..
-Last year (or maybe 2 years ago).. I setup a GB with samson for tires. I did this for everyone to benefit. I stood to make $0 off of any transactions that took place. (If you don't believe me, ask samson himself)
Many here to get hooked up with deals.. one individual msgd me to ask about pricing for KDW's.. I gave him the price and this person went ballistic. Called me out in a thread saying that I was trying to rip him and others off, also implied that I was trying rape him for extra $.. simply because he got a $5 discount per tire, from another source.....
Suffice it to say, many came to my aide.. some I had never met before.. and they all proved that I was not in this to make $.. I was in this to support and assist the community...

@mistanismo
-You are absolutely correct, this is a small community, which is why I tried so hard to make it an exciting one... now lets see how many others will step up to help this community grow, without having ulterior motives.. I know that I have done my share.. between gb's, setting up meets since '06, etc....

Last edited by Reality350; 04-15-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:55 AM
mistanismo

Except the generic brand companies pay for the right to make ibuprofen legally, rather than just reverse engineering advils to make ibuprofen. The concept is actually quite different.

Perhaps. Except the amount payed for the right is peanuts compared to the R&D which went into formulating ibuprofen, which is my point. The fee generic companies pay is miniscule compared to margins achieved by the sales at their discounted rate lol. Which is why they grant exlcusive sales for a set # of years to the original provider...

So do you buy advil, every time? Have you never bought a knock off cola product due to cost? etc etc?

bottom line; if you want to preach hardcore rhetoric, I would hope you take it beyond JDM. Your stance leaves no wiggle room, and that's where I take my issue... you're all or nothing, which I do not consider to be logical and fair in this circumstance. Which is actually further illustrated by your subsequent point below.

if you can't afford it, don't buy it. Pretty sure everyone here can afford fake vents from canadian tire or their "racing seats". If someone were to put those on a Z, do you think that person isn't going to get flamed?

Of course they'll be flamed. Because they're a) the consensus of numberous members will be correct; they're ugly b) they serve no functional purpose, or the purpose they serve is so downgraded from what it advertises or intends that is mockery worthy.

No one would do that, however, and the few circumstances which exist are notable for the sheer stupidity.

Replica parts are not *always* of this circumstance, and that is my point, illustrated via my post. You are taking the worst potential and very statistically unrepresentative point and constructing it to factum.

I am hard pressed to find members such as those of an exclusive forum who at a disproportionatly high number or percentage based on numbers, engage in that kind of stupidity... even in the economic car forums...

You know why you can find more real life examples? because civics etc are that much more affordable and thus everyone with a paycheque can afford them... so you see that many more examples of someone with little to no idea of what they're doing plastering whatever they can afford on their vehicle and calling it a performance mod.

I cannot quite grasp for the life of me why someone elses choices when they are not so radical offend so much. I hope you you guys don't work in PR/HR/or any public service

Responses in bold.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:02 AM
mistanismo

Originally Posted by Reality350
-My point is/was, purchasing replica parts is one thing.. (not my money so I don't care), but trying to promote your parts as something of higher value (status if you will) is simply stupid. Don't chest pump and shout out reasoning as to why you made the purchase, if you're simply going to imply the parts you have are something, they are obviously NOT.

Mistanismo -Since you may not be aware, I will give you an example of character..
-Last year (or maybe 2 years ago).. I setup a GB with samson for tires. I did this for everyone to benefit. I stood to make $0 off of any transactions that took place. (If you don't believe me, ask samson himself)
Many here to get hooked up with deals.. one individual msgd me to ask about pricing for KDW's.. I gave him the price and this person went ballistic. Called me out in a thread saying that I was trying to rip him and others off, also implied that I was trying rape him for extra $.. simply because he got a $5 discount per tire, from another source.....
Suffice it to say, many came to my aide.. some I had never met before.. and they all proved that I was not in this to make $.. I was in this to support and assist the community...

@mistanismo
-You are absolutely correct, this is a small community, which is why I tried so hard to make it an exciting one... now lets see how many others will step up to help this community grow, without having ulterior motives.. I know that I have done my share.. between gb's, setting up meets since '06, etc....
Yes, I think I agree with everything you posted here, your first paragraph is dead on the money imo.. I think I did agree as much with you in my previous post as well. Although I have not been around for as long, I am aware via search of your contributions to the community, which will undoubtably exceed my own.

It is always unfortunate when the greed/ignornance/stupidity of one person sours not only the potential for group discounts, or any to occur via mass purchase but even more unfortunately the will of many good members here such as yourself to even WANT to help the community.

You should just buy a 370 and get back into the 'game' heh.

This is clearly a touchy subject, as it is refelective of an investment and an expression... i just didn't want to see things spiral to the point where someone took so much offense that is caused them to remove themselves or just walk away jaded and as a result, a decline in community activity/involvement and willingness to help others.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:07 AM
brady

Huummmm, group hug...

Silver 370z on Bathurst @ 9ish am.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:32 AM
xdragus

I love authentic coke - cheap cola i'll pass on - damn AYCE places cheaping out ; /
Old 04-15-2010, 12:01 PM
mistanismo

It's true, I only ever buy authentic coke... and zero at that. It was a bad example lol.

ON TOPIC: I keep seeing the same strange colored roadster... and saw a black 370z on burhamthore about 20 minutes ago, look grows on me but I just can't get over those headlights...
Old 04-15-2010, 12:09 PM
2TH PWR

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

re : pharmaceuticals. analogy does not work.
Completely different ball game. I worked as an analytical chemist in a pharmaceuticals lab. I can 100% say that no matter what the name brand is, Ibuprofen is Ibuprofen. Advil or otherwise, they are manufactured the same and sold different.

Car parts are not the same. They are manufactured different. They look similar at 1st glance, but have varying quality, durability, longevity, etc.

re: kiriller,
100% agree. I am sure he's a good dude actually. Just that he made small error of referring to rep parts as authentic in passing, and is suffering the full ire of everyone's hate-on for this practice. I've got nothing against anyone in this thread. Do your thing.
Here's an e-beer.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:10 PM
AVmagneticZ

Nothing against anyone either lol just to make that clear

Quick Reply: 2010 GTA Z Spotting Thread