Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

2012 Calabogie Gentleman's GT race schedule

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 11:05 AM
GT-Rob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Calabogie Gentleman's GT race schedule

Cross posting for Matt. I know Randomher0 does these events, and I am looking forward to getting out to at least one of them this year. Its a bit of a hike so I would likely need to make a 3 day weekend out of it. Looking at the July 21st race right now (assuming I get a truck).

Details below. This is an hour race with point by passing. Good chance to experience racing without the risk.

THE 2012 CALABOGIE GENTLEMAN'S GT RACE SERIES AND CALABOGIE CUP

It's BAAAAACK! As of today i finalized the dates for this years GT Race Series, and I have also worked out some pretty fancy deals for the folks who buy in bulk!! Details below!!

First the official stuff:

Think you have what it takes to Race at Calabogie Motorsports Park. Why not test your racing skill in the 2012 Calabogie Gentleman's GT Race Series AND the Calabogie Cup.

What's a gentlemen's race?
It is all about camaraderie, safety, sportsmanship and just good fun! There will be specific passing zones on a fully marshalled track, so playing nice is mandatory! This are must do events, and ask any previous participants, try it once and you are hooked. This makes lapping feel like a drive to the grocery store

How do I Qualify
1. You DO need to have been signed off to drive solo at Calabogie Motorsports Park, but you DON’T need a Race License. This entails having completed at least one full day at CMP with an instructor or equivalent.

2. You and your car must have an average runtime around the full track between 2:19-2:50. This series will run on the GT Short Track, cars will be broken into multiple classes based on qualifying times.

3. You must be running a Hero Cam or some other video recording system with a removable memory card inside the car to record the race from the drivers perspective. This reason this is mandatory is for safety ad legalities in case of an incident. For the most part videos are all for your fun and review/training.

4. You will require a SNELL Rated Helmet, M2000+ or SA2000+.

5. Your car must adhere to the CASC-OR Ontario Time Attack Safety Specifications located in SECTION 1 here:http://www.casc.on.ca/sites/default/...ons_online.pdf
The annual inspection list can be found here: http://www.casc.on.ca/sites/default/...check_form.pdf
Calabogie Race officials hold the final word regarding the apparent safety of a vehicle. If they feel your vehicle is unsafe for the event, your vehicle will not be allowed on the track.

Registration

To register for an event please email me at CalabogieGT@gmail.com with the following information:
1. Name, Address, Email Address, Phone Number and DOB
2. Emergency Contact information: Name, Relation, Home and Cell phone number
3. Car: Make, Model, Year, List of Modifications
4. Experience: Minimum requirement of being signed off to drive solo at Calabogie Motorsports Park.
5. Your average lap time around the full track, and GT Track if you know it.
6. Event(s) you are registering to attend.
7. Payment – Please list to total value of your purchase in the registration email, then follow up with an Interac Email Transfer to CalabogieGT@gmail.com . Or make arrangements to get cash to me directly. Please note your registration is not complete, and your name will not be added to the list until payment has been received.
8. No charge cancellations can be made up to 7 days prior to an event. If purchased in bulk, cancellations will be limited, and the fees for non cancelled races (even if they have already been completed) will be changed to the single race fee, and your refund will be made accordingly. Cancellations within 7 days of the event will be charged out at the full rate.

Pricing - Single Events
Per Event - $250.00, HST included (Not Including the Calabogie Cup)
Calabogie Cup - $450.00 HST Included
Full Day Test and Tune - Subject to standard 1 day CMP Lapping Fees

Pricing - BULK EVENTS
Package 1:
Bulk any 3 GT Race Events (Not Including the Calabogie Cup) - $600.00 (HST Included) -
This price also includes 1 Full Day Test and Tune of Your Choice
To Include the Calabogie Cup, Please add $350.00

Package 2:
Bulk all 6 GT Race Events (Not Including the Calabogie Cup) - $1,200.00 (HST Included) -
This price also includes BOTH Full Day Test and Tune dates
To Include the Calabogie Cup, Please add $300.00

Event Dates
1. TEST AND TUNE #1 - Saturday April 28th (FULL DAY)- GT Track Configuration - Pricing (if bulk events are not purchased) is subject to regular CMP rates.

2. GT RACE #1 - Saturday May 5th (EVENING) - This coincides with the AISA race school, so it is a great event for those who attending the school who want to try their hand at something a little closer to racing that just lapping.

3. GT Race #2 - Friday June 8th (EVENING)

4. GT Race #3 - Friday June 22nd (EVENING) - This event will follow the full day MCO Lapping day. Great opportunity for MCO Instructors to join in since they will already be at the track. Great event for people attending the school to watch and experience what Gentleman's Racing is all about. Maybe take a ride along passenger during the race to give them the 1st hand experience.

5. TEST AND TUNE #2 - Saturday July 14th (FULL DAY) - GT Track Configuration - Pricing (if bulk events are not purchased) is subject to regular CMP rates.

6. GT Race #4 - Saturday July 21st (EVENING) - This coincides with the BMWCC 3 day weekend event. Again great exposure for the series and hopefully lots of extra participants since they will already be at the track!

7. Calabogie Cup - August 10th - Aug 12th - Multiple Races over the weekend - a guaranteed blast every year! Full schedule to be released in the spring - Coincides with the IMSA Finals.

8. GT Race #5 - Friday August 24th (EVENING) - Follows the AISA Lapping day - Hopefully bringing in more participants

9. GT Race #6 - Friday Sept 14th (EVENING) - Follows the Track and Time Time Attack Event - Hopefully bringing in more participants

Event Schedule - Subject to modification
4:00 to 8:00 PM
4:15 to 4:45 Check-in & Registration
4:45 to 5:00 Driver's Meeting - Mandatory
5:00 to 6:00 Practice & Qualifying
6:15 to 7:00 Gentlemen’s Race – GT track
7:00 to 8:00 Post Race Award Presentation & Social

Prizes
With a minimum of 5 GT Class registrants for a specific event, there will be a $250.00 Calabogie Motorsports Park Gift Certificate awarded to the first place winner of that event. More registrations = More prizes, i.e. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and same for multiple classes.

This is a pretty grassroots event, so we are currently looking for other sponsors to provide prizes and/or gifts for either placed finishes (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Last) and/or for draws. If you or someone you know would be interested in providing prizes of some sort (gift certificates, cash, merchandise, etc.), please contact me at CalabogieGT@gmail.com

Race Rules
Race Rules Gentlemen`s GT Race (Subject to change)
1. Passing will be in specific zones and is by point by only, one point by per car. If you are the second car and don’t see a point by, you must wait until you do.
2. Under no circumstances is a pass to take place without a point by signal. Once you give the point by, you must let the car pass, you may not out drag it to the next corner.
3. Passing without a point by, or passing in a non-passing zone will result in a black flag, a warning will be given in the pit lane and a second violation will result in disqualification from that session.
4. It is your responsibility to watch your mirrors. If someone is on your tail for at least 2 corners you MUST let them pass. If you stay on their tail for next 2 corners they must let you pass. Blue flags will be used, and if you are blue flagged, it means you are not doing your job and playing fair. Repeated disregard for the blue flag will result in a black flag and a drive through penalty, and or disqualification from the session.
5. This race is intended to introduce people to racing without the danger of car to car contact and drivers are expected to keep other’s safety in mind the whole time. We will do our best to not intrude on the racing with the blue flags but keep in mind that this series is a fun introduction, not the Montreal F1. Safety is paramount and we will pull anyone driving in an unsafe manner.
6. Minimum requirement for safety apparel will be: SNELL Rated Helmet, M2000+ or SA2000+, Full Length pants, closed toes shoes, and LONG SLEEVE SHIRTS. Full Racing Safety apparel is recommended.

I look forward to another fantastic series this year, and for many years to come. Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

For more information on the track or the mustang race series, please visit calabogiemotorsports.com

Thank you, and I hope to see you at the track!

Matt Edmonds
CalabogieGT@gmail.com
Old 01-27-2012, 08:25 PM
2TH PWR

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

Sounds like fun. I'd like to do one someday
Old 01-28-2012, 03:17 PM
xjuddx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2TH PWR
Sounds like fun. I'd like to do one someday
Maybe a bunch of guys can go up in a group together for one of the events. I know there are 2 or 3 events that according to my work schedule I will be able to go to.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:37 PM
RandomHer0

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi.

I've been doing the Calabogie Cup weekend since its inception and the GT series last year; soooooo much fun.

If I were you guys, maybe look into coming up for the Cup Weekend.

The camping and partying at night is just as fun as the racing during the day.

7. Calabogie Cup - August 10th - Aug 12th - Multiple Races over the weekend - a guaranteed blast every year! Full schedule to be released in the spring - Coincides with the IMSA Finals.
I think Im going with the $600 package this year; theres some other events outside of bogie I'd like to attened this year and would like to get down to Watkins Glen this year.

Are you guys aware of good clubs that put on dates at the Glen?

Last edited by RandomHer0; 01-28-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:42 PM
RandomHer0

PS this is what you can expect.

http://vimeo.com/28854591

Our mini-city last year...

Last edited by RandomHer0; 01-28-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:37 PM
XChacalX

im seriously tempted for the Bulk #1 @ 600$ & the Calabogie Cup !!! for 350 $

thats 3 event + 1 full day test and tune + a full weekend of track time !!!!

Very good price for 2012 !!!
Old 01-30-2012, 04:20 AM
RandomHer0

Yeah the pricing this year is the best yet...