Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Big traction problems!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 03:18 PM
marluci7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big traction problems!!!!

hey guys..

I need some help here... every since my tt build up and my tune that i recieved a few weeks ago , Im having some major traction problems...i need to find a crazy wheel and tire setup for my z....I would like to put the gas down in third and not spin the tires... Whats out there??

thanks
Old 06-14-2005, 03:24 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by marluci7
hey guys..

I need some help here... every since my tt build up and my tune that i recieved a few weeks ago , Im having some major traction problems...i need to find a crazy wheel and tire setup for my z....I would like to put the gas down in third and not spin the tires... Whats out there??

thanks
What size tires and rims do you currently have? I see they are Bridgestone S-03s. Thats what I have as well and while I still roast my tires on occasion they are decently grippy. Maybe a 295/35/19 rear tire. Something like the new Toyo T1-Rs or BFG KDW2s. Also I'm not sure what kind of power you are making but you could try a Blitz or APexi boost controller that has gear based boost control so you could run a little lower boost on a launch and increase progressively after...
Old 06-14-2005, 03:31 PM
marluci7

hey,

Im using a TE-37/ 19x9.5 with a 275 in the rear....at any speed in first or second the car just has no traction.. Im thinking like getting an 18 inch wheel with some sort of drag tire set up....
Old 06-14-2005, 03:33 PM
bullseye

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
What size tires and rims do you currently have? I see they are Bridgestone S-03s. Thats what I have as well and while I still roast my tires on occasion they are decently grippy. Maybe a 295/35/19 rear tire. Something like the new Toyo T1-Rs or BFG KDW2s. Also I'm not sure what kind of power you are making but you could try a Blitz or APexi boost controller that has gear based boost control so you could run a little lower boost on a launch and increase progressively after...
I drive S-03s, too. I agree with MIA, but just to expand on his comments a little...They seem to be real grippy until they get hot. If you push them up to their "grip threshold" when they're hot, they're greasy. The slip is progressive, and therefore catchable, but you need to be aware. I wish I had your problem with too much HP and torque! Good luck.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:38 PM
bullseye

Originally Posted by marluci7
hey, Im using a TE-37/ 19x9.5 with a 275 in the rear....at any speed in first or second the car just has no traction.. Im thinking like getting an 18 inch wheel with some sort of drag tire set up....
Drag tires? Oh, you mean for racing the 1/4. Some guys are using 15" wheels with slicks... Watch your half-shafts. Too much grip and you'll break them, sure as shootin'. Otherwise, a drag radial will help improve traction at the strip.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:14 PM
uplz4588

jsut use DR's daily driven... very common in supra/cobra/Fbody world
Old 06-14-2005, 08:15 PM
bullseye

Originally Posted by uplz4588
jsut use DR's daily driven... very common in supra/cobra/Fbody world
I had a couple sets of daily-driven DRs. They were great for straight-line acceleration, but they wore out pretty quick, and they didn't corner very well. If you're going to get DRs, and if your budget permits, I recommend you have them mounted on another set of wheels for the track. Just swap them out to go racing.