Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

FEELER? 3.9FD drivers, best way to launch from stop.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005 | 11:03 AM
zedman

Default FEELER? 3.9FD drivers, best way to launch from stop.

I just got my 3.9FD installed in my 6spd. Havent pickep it up, later this afternoon, was wondering you guys who have had this installed, any suitable way to launch the car out of the hole with max grip. Also, my installer brought it to my attention, speedo could be off, I didnt even think about this, if so, would you have any idea by how much and how to remedy this. Thanks for everything.
Old 09-13-2005 | 11:05 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus
Premier Member

Originally Posted by zedman
I just got my 3.9FD installed in my 6spd. Havent pickep it up, later this afternoon, was wondering you guys who have had this installed, any suitable way to launch the car out of the hole with max grip. Also, my installer brought it to my attention, speedo could be off, I didnt even think about this, if so, would you have any idea by how much and how to remedy this. Thanks for everything.
Speedo will be fine. Our speed sensors are different from other cars such as mustangs Also about launch it depends on too many variables such as rim tire combo, tire pressures, camber, toe, suspension etc
Old 09-14-2005 | 12:18 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

youl be fine...
Old 09-14-2005 | 05:50 AM
zedman

Yikes, this gear made a VERY noticeable difference. The install went great, the installer had to use a few different size shims. There is no gear whine, droan, vibration of any sort in city or highway driving. I usually rate my new mods by the way I smile or at times giggle under WOT. Let me tell you, this one made me laugh! The car pulls hard, always in the power band. Surely, i am shifting one more time in city driving, and I finally get to clear the cobwebs out 6th, as I never used to use it. I do find myself shifting into sixth on the highway. The best way I can describe this mod is that our cars have 6 gears, it now seems like I have a 5spd. The car out of the hole is snotty, it breaks loose, even with 275's on the rear, it lights up. Once into second, you will notice that the gear is not so long and you are shifting into third, higher in the rpm power band, third pulls like second, holy shiiite. Fourth pulls like third and I couldnt believe the way the car pulled in fifth. This mod along with the UR lightweight flywheel, really really waked the car up. It seems that the rest of the mods I have done....almost all NA mods you can think of, comes together nicely. I strongly suggest this mod for the street. You will sacrifice a bit of top speed, but really, how are you going to maximize the top speed on our north american highways without jeopordizing your safety and the others around you. At first I was hesitant about the loss of some top end speed, then after rationolzing realized I have rarely brought the car, if ever close to its 155mph speed limited top end. Thanks to performance nissan again for getting this to me asap a few months back. I beat the last order which I understood was on back order, though I am not sure now. Now its time to run it in the quarter, we'll see how it goes.
Old 09-14-2005 | 07:30 AM
marine in a Z

let us know what ur 1/4 times are.