Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Major Clutch Problems my night from hell!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 11:45 PM
mrtomcat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major Clutch Problems my night from hell!

I posted this in the FI forum as well....

I went to the track tonight and first off they would not let me run my Pro Star Wheels because they said my Wheel Studs are too short...first time I've ever heard that, but they showed me in the rule guide and proved their point.

Question 1) are there any aftermarket wheel studs that are long enough and fit on the Z (ARP maybe) and if so what are the dimensions?

Next is my main problem, I decided to run on street tires and see how she does. I was about to go stage when my car erratically jumped forward and I suddenly was no longer able to shift at all. I turned the car off and it shifted just fine, turned it back on and nada....so I rolled out of staging and back to the pit. Buddy of mine cheked it and said my Clutch is broken. Fluid levels look fine btw.
He was able to get the car rolling by shifting into first with the car off, then turning it on and then revv matching the gears. Since I have no experience with that and we were 60 miles from my home I left the car at his place to be towed to Performance Nissan in the morning.
This is a brand new JWT Clutch and Flywheel that Perf Nissan installed just about 4 months ago and so far it held up great.

Anyone have had a similar problem?
Anyone have an idea of what the problem is?
Anyone know if JWT has warranty on their parts?

I am sooooo frustrated right now.

Help is appreciated