Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

2 thousand dollas

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 04:15 PM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 2 thousand dollas

Originally posted by Shift_Speed
now before you guys yell at me and say do a search ... blah blah this and that.... i know a lot of you guys get on this forum to kill time like me... so here is my dilemma... i ordered my z in october and it is finally comin by the end of this month... don't ask why it took so damn LONG!!! now i need your help to make my z faster! i am on a budget rite now... i can only spend 2 g's....so what mods can i do to make my car faster.... i want it to be a safe set up... and don't just say cai... what brand do you guys recommend... cuz basically imma do what u majority says... also note i might try to go force induction in the future... so put that in mind... thanks for your help guys...
Definitely better tires. Step up to some Michelin Pilot Sports. That's only $800 before mounting on your 17"s. I checked at Tire Rack. I'd sit on the ~$1100 left over until an ECU mod emerges.
Old 01-09-2003, 06:24 PM
Shift_Speed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tires... that won't help my hp gains tho... i mean i will get better stickier tires tho if i am runnin more hp... so many ideas... but nothing really stands out at me... argh@!
Old 01-10-2003, 09:46 AM
Marv1000

Better tires will get you better grips and enhance your times, especially when cornering.

But true, it won't increase your HP at all ...

From what it sounds like to me, I think you should save that money and try to get a little more and just wait and see how the FI systems coming out in the near future turn out to be. FI is pretty much your best bang for the buck (well, except for nitrous ).
Old 01-10-2003, 11:05 AM
roberto350z

I have not heard of any gains by mods yet, the key is in the ECU mod. There are no ECUs available. The car wil adjust anything so that emission is constant such that other mods are rendered useless. You must wait for ECU or just throw the money down the toilet on an AMUSE exhaust.
Old 01-10-2003, 06:40 PM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Shift_Speed
tires... that won't help my hp gains tho... i mean i will get better stickier tires tho if i am runnin more hp... so many ideas... but nothing really stands out at me... argh@!
$2G isn't going to get you very far in the horsepower game. You're better off waiting to see what else comes out.