Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Nismo LSD come with Stub Axles?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 05:06 PM
III50Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nismo LSD come with Stub Axles?

I purchased a used Nismo LSD from a seller on this board, I did not receive Stub Axles with the LSD. I was expecting them, and contacted the seller...

This was his response...

Sellers Response:
im sorry if you thought you were recieving stub axles with your purchase. I personally didnt know that they were needed for the install. Because of this i stressed that I didnt know if there was anything else needed for your install and that if you had questions you should call BnT Performance, the people that uninstalled it, and ask them.

On January 7th I sent you that mesage:

Before we finalize this i would like you to know that this is a very agressive lsd and does make noises and stuff around sharp turns. As far as performance though it is awesome. And to make sure you know exactly what you need and what your getting and to make sure there arent anyparts missing that you would need to install it into your base z (i think you have a base z right?) then i would like you to call BnT Performance and speek to the guy that took it out. his name is david and he is very good with this stuff and he will make sure everythiing is the way it needs to be because i dont want to sell you something that you will not be happy with.

Thanks and if you have any questions let me know.

you then responded saying ok that sounds good which made me believe that you would take care of it and find out for yourself because I did not know.

Also i sent you pictures of the LSD and said that this was everything included. And there were no stub axles in the pictures.

im sorry again but i believe i did everything that i was supposed to when selling a product. I was not hiding anything from you or anything like that. I told you i was unaware of the parts you would need but reccomended you to find out before purchasing. Let me know if you have any more questions.

III50z:
I was taken the assumption, that everything was included therefore I paid for the price requested. The Nismo LSD kit comes with Stub Axels...

I choose the NISMO LSD kit, knowing the kit comes with everything I need to install on my Base Z. Which i did not get.

I need the Stub Axels to get the LSD installed, it would not be fair if they dont come along with the package price I paid you for the LSD.

Sellers Response:
This is not true I have found the exact opposite in the research ive been doing. From what i have seen stub axles are an extra charge.
Both of these statments are also false for the reasons i have already stated. if you can show me where i said that these were included then i will help you out. otherwise it wasnt my responsibility because
i told you everything correctly and said i was not knowledgable and to contact somone that was. i also sent you pics saying this is what is included. Sorry if you believe you were mislead but i believe if you look back through the mesages and posts that you will see you were not.

Seller Response:
I do not believe this is true. those stub axles are nissan parts. they are not needed on any other modle then Base. im not denying that this distributor sells them with his kit im just saying that in most circumstances these are not sold with the LSD because they are usually not needed. And usually if you would need them you would have to order them from nissan seperaatly (hints why those are nissan stub axles and not "nismo" ones). I just recieved emails back from two of the largest NISMO distributers (nismoparts.com and courtesyparts.com) and they both informed me that when they sell a nismo lsd that the stub axles are not included for the very reasons i mentioned above. It would not make sense to include parts that only a small percentage of the people buying the product would need. If you want, feel free to email these two companies, they willl tell you the same exact thing.

My350z Members please leave some feedback, and inform the seller....

The NISMO LSD for the 350z comes with STUB AXLES.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:17 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by III50Z
I purchased a used Nismo LSD from a seller on this board, I did not receive Stub Axles with the LSD. I was expecting them, and contacted the seller...

This was his response...

Sellers Response:
im sorry if you thought you were recieving stub axles with your purchase. I personally didnt know that they were needed for the install. Because of this i stressed that I didnt know if there was anything else needed for your install and that if you had questions you should call BnT Performance, the people that uninstalled it, and ask them.

Before we finalize this i would like you to know that this is a very agressive lsd and does make noises and stuff around sharp turns. As far as performance though it is awesome. And to make sure you know exactly what you need and what your getting and to make sure there arent anyparts missing that you would need to install it into your base z (i think you have a base z right?) then i would like you to call BnT Performance and speek to the guy that took it out. his name is david and he is very good with this stuff and he will make sure everythiing is the way it needs to be because i dont want to sell you something that you will not be happy with.

you then responded saying ok that sounds good which made me believe that you would take care of it and find out for yourself because I did not know.

Also i sent you pictures of the LSD and said that this was everything included. And there were no stub axles in the pictures.

im sorry again but i believe i did everything that i was supposed to when selling a product. I was not hiding anything from you or anything like that. I told you i was unaware of the parts you would need but reccomended you to find out before purchasing. Let me know if you have any more questions.

III50z:
I was taken the assumption, that everything was included therefore I paid for the price requested. The Nismo LSD kit comes with Stub Axels...

I choose the NISMO LSD kit, knowing the kit comes with everything I need to install on my Base Z. Which i did not get.

I need the Stub Axels to get the LSD installed, it would not be fair if they dont come along with the package price I paid you for the LSD.

Sellers Response:
This is not true I have found the exact opposite in the research ive been doing. From what i have seen stub axles are an extra charge.
Both of these statments are also false for the reasons i have already stated. if you can show me where i said that these were included then i will help you out. otherwise it wasnt my responsibility because
i told you everything correctly and said i was not knowledgable and to contact somone that was. i also sent you pics saying this is what is included. Sorry if you believe you were mislead but i believe if you look back through the mesages and posts that you will see you were not.

Seller Response:
I do not believe this is true. those stub axles are nissan parts. they are not needed on any other modle then Base. im not denying that this distributor sells them with his kit im just saying that in most circumstances these are not sold with the LSD because they are usually not needed. And usually if you would need them you would have to order them from nissan seperaatly (hints why those are nissan stub axles and not "nismo" ones). I just recieved emails back from two of the largest NISMO distributers (nismoparts.com and courtesyparts.com) and they both informed me that when they sell a nismo lsd that the stub axles are not included for the very reasons i mentioned above. It would not make sense to include parts that only a small percentage of the people buying the product would need. If you want, feel free to email these two companies, they willl tell you the same exact thing.

Please do not tell me you bought from the thread I think you did where I ASKED the seller,....."what about the stub axles". Nismo includes them so base buyer's can install without that issue. No retailer is going to crack open the box and steal those parts. However, with the effort this guy has gone to diffuse and confuse the core issue, he's already made his mind up that he got away with screwing you over and any more static from you he'll just blow more smoke.

I really hope you got a price that was normal for something used MINUS the cost of the missing stub axles.

Curious, did you post in the sale thread in question?
Old 04-26-2006, 08:20 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by III50Z

This was his response...

Sellers Response:

III50z:

Sellers Response:

Seller Response:

Nismo includes them so base buyer's can install without that issue. No retailer is going to crack open the box and steal those parts. However, with the effort this guy has gone to diffuse and confuse the core issue, he's already made his mind up that he got away with screwing you over and any more static from you he'll just blow more smoke.

I really hope you got a price that was normal for something used MINUS the cost of the missing stub axles.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:23 PM
rxkevin

Yeah it comes with everything needed for a base model.

Last edited by rxkevin; 04-26-2006 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:55 PM
gatti-man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

post the guys id so we know not to buy anything from the scammer.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:59 AM
III50Z

Default Thanks for the feedback...

The price i paid was standard for the USED Nismo LSD... $550, I wouldn't had paid this price if I knew the LSD didnt come with Stub Axles.

I believe the seller was unaware of this, I just needed some feedback to let him know.

Yes I did put up a post looking for a set of Stub Axles.... dose anyone have a set laying around ?!?!! My base will be without LSD, with the must needed Stub Axles... Which will cost me $300 at the dealer

HELP...!!!!!!