Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

For the NA....

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 03:35 PM
DLin05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For the NA....

I know there are some of you guys that are NA all motor type people...has anyone started workin on tunin the NA engine instead of waiting for FI? If you have what have you done and how are the powergains? Im thinkin about just goin NA and start by putting exhaust, filter, boring the TB, bigger injectors, fuel management computer like the Apexi SAFC, maybe even possibly changing the spark plugs and try to lose some weight. Tell me what you think
Old 02-26-2003, 03:46 PM
gfornal

Well, To start off you aren't going to need bigger injectors with the list of modes you have. The SAFC isn't a fuel computer all it does is send a higher voltage to the ECU so you get more fuel. You can't custom tune the injector or amout, can just increase it. All I used it for in my last car was to monitor O2 voltage. You can start with exhaust. Cams will be out mide year from Jim Wolf and Nissan Motorsports (USA NISMO). Jim Wold is also working on getting red line increased, but i think value retainers might need to be changed. He will the hopefully have an ECU out for it at the end of the year. Then after that an Electronic Nirtous kit. Should be good for 100hp and not hurt motor.

thanks,
Greg
Old 02-26-2003, 03:51 PM
dwnshift

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Contrary to popular belief JWT is not NISMO USA and is not doing the heads,ECU nor cams for NISMO or NMNA.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:33 AM
articfury
Charter Member #55

dwnshift,

I may be misreading Greg's post, but I don't think he is saying that JWT is doing that stuff for NISMO USA. I think he was saying both companies will be releasing cams mid-year.

JD

PS

How dem headers treatin' ya?
Old 02-27-2003, 12:51 PM
dwnshift

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I gotcha..........
The headers are a nice addition. The search continues.