Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Clutch Question 03-350Z 34Kmiles

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 07:04 AM
Lmuggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Question 03-350Z 34Kmiles

I took my Z in for the 30K service (whole time I felt like I was being ripped off cause most of it I could have done myself and a lot of the other things dont apply to the Z). Anyhow... The dealer said my clutch was weak and needed to be replaced soon.

I've been reading and searching the forums and have seen a lot of threads on changing out the pressure plate and flywheel with aftermarket parts. I have decided to go with a Nismo pressure plate and disk and a JWT flywheel.

Here is my question. Every so often when pressing the clutch pedal about halfway down it feels a little choppy (not smooth). Almost like it slips a little. Sorta clunky. I also hear a few squeaks from outside the car (I read the thread about the pedal itself squeaking) when I press it down to the floor.

The dealer is installing the parts for $480 next week. Do you think that this issue I am having as I press the clutch pedal is related to the weak clutch and the new parts will resolve it or should I be looking at replacing the master and slave cylinder as well? If I should get the master and slave cylinders replaced at the same time, how extensive is it for the dealer to do? Seems relatively easy to me. I'm sure it will add to the labor costs. Anyone know about how much it should costs to replace the cylanders?

Thanks
Old 09-03-2006, 03:14 PM
ouch1011

There is no way that your clutch should need replaced after 30k miles is you drive with any kind of skill.

The problem you are talking about sounds like clutch chatter. Unless it is REALLY bad, I wouldn't replace the clutch for that reason only.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:01 AM
Lmuggs

I got the car when it had 11K miles on it. I have put 23K on it myself. Its possible that the previous owner didn’t know how to drive and beat the hell out of it, who knows. I don’t believe its chatter though. Just feels like it slips a little while pressing the pedal and picks back up again as the clutch is being disengaged. Maybe air in the lines?
Old 09-05-2006, 08:52 PM
350Z_LEE

not hijacking the thread, but i just hit 11k and my clutch JUST started slipping. When i mash the gas it like revs up then drops back down. performance sux. i had nitrous installed other day and was wondering if maybe disturbed something in the master cylin box or something? anyway, so i guess i can't drive or ride the clutch, cuz i need a new one...was thinking of the nismo or act...