Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Power Enterprise 3.8L Stroker Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 05:27 AM
chimmike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after the crap I've been through with PE, I don't want their exhaust on my car anymore. I really liked it too, but I'll be damned if I support a company that has pulled so much absolute BS in terms of cashing a check they promised they wouldn't, then HESITATING to overnight me a refund!
Old 11-15-2006, 05:28 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by chimmike
after the crap I've been through with PE, I don't want their exhaust on my car anymore. I really liked it too, but I'll be damned if I support a company that has pulled so much absolute BS in terms of cashing a check they promised they wouldn't, then HESITATING to overnight me a refund!
I don't think anyone can fault you about that. They were wrong, wrong, wrong.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:03 AM
EM-EFER

AEBS stroker kit $7800- Kit BLOWS company sucks

JUN stroker kit $12000- Expensive as *****. No one in the USA will ever buy this

GT Motorsports stroker kit $8900- Not yet proven

PE stroker kit $7640- Would never buy any of their shi t

Brian Crower stroker kit $5260- Engineered like shi t
Old 11-15-2006, 06:17 AM
gringott

Default Your evaluation

AEBS stroker kit $7800- Kit BLOWS company sucks That's what I heard.

JUN stroker kit $12000- Expensive as *****. No one in the USA will ever buy this Plus it's from a company that thinks the 350Z is "too high" to be a sports car.

GT Motorsports stroker kit $8900- Not yet proven That's right, we will have to wait and see.

PE stroker kit $7640- Would never buy any of their shi t My customer support has been nill, however, I am happy with my TT kit. Don't think it will be an option, since PE USA can't even get it on the website, doubt if they have the moxie to ever import it.

Brian Crower stroker kit $5260- Engineered like shi t Haven't heard this, what do you base it on?
Old 11-15-2006, 06:39 AM
EM-EFER

Originally Posted by gringott
Brian Crower stroker kit $5260- Engineered like shi t Haven't heard this, what do you base it on?
GTM bought the kit to check it out..

The piston skirt would hit the crank when at the bottom of its stroke. They werent very impressed with the engineering that went into this kit. I don't take their word gospel but it seems they would have no reason to lie about this.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:14 AM
meatbag

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by EM-EFER
GTM bought the kit to check it out..

The piston skirt would hit the crank when at the bottom of its stroke. They werent very impressed with the engineering that went into this kit. I don't take their word gospel but it seems they would have no reason to lie about this.
They had pics to prove it too.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:38 AM
gringott

I don't doubt it, didn't the AEBS kit have basically the same problem?
So off the list, we can eliminate:
The PE Kit (vaporware)
The AEBS kit (junk)
The JUN kit (makes overpriced sound cheep)
The Crower kit (junk)

That leaves:
GTM kit (unproven)

Sure makes decisions easy.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:52 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by gringott

Here are some retail prices I dug up on the net.
AEBS stroker kit $7800

JUN stroker kit $12000

GT Motorsports stroker kit $8900

PE stroker kit $7640

Brian Crower stroker kit $5260
Are these assembled prices? I thought hte 8900 from GTM was the assembled price vs the component prices of the likes of at least the crower and AEBS?
Old 11-15-2006, 07:57 AM
gringott

Originally Posted by Zivman
Are these assembled prices? I thought hte 8900 from GTM was the assembled price vs the component prices of the likes of at least the crower and AEBS?
I am not sure on AEBS, but the others are components vs. GTM assembled price, as far as I know. Forged Internals has a good writeup on the GTM kits on their website, including the various options, and I think one cheaper option is just the parts.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:36 AM
gringott

I used an online translator on the PE news page, and this is what it came up with:
It is the VQ3.8L engine which installs the super straw car kit for VQ35. Presently being loaded by the vehicle, it is every day when it is chased in setting. Relationship of the turbo only the strengthening actuator spring and the TH510NZ injector has modified in the twin turbo kit for Z33. Power check is done and it is release schedule.

Best I can make out is that they did the kit, strenghtened the actuator spring in the turbos, and did the PE510cc injectors, they did a power check and are now going to put out a release date.

And this about the pistons:
Product specification of the piston KIT for VQ35 it is in the midst of final endorsement.
From φ95.5 of normal the bore it raises in φ96.0mm.
Measuring the cylinder, after assembling from now on, it tests.
This time adjusting to super straw kirk ranking, it tests in the turbo specification of 3.8L.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:20 AM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I am not mistaken the AEBS included sleeving the block and assembly. However as stated the few that have used it did not like it or couldn't get it to work.

The GTM looks promising though. I don't recall if $8900 was for the sleeved version or not but it did include installation.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:19 AM
MIAPLAYA

Actually I'm pretty sure Injected Performance has the AEBS stroker kit installed and running on their Z. While I was say AEBS has fallen FAR short of the mark on the Z their products for other cars have been top notch. Paulus (lead engineer) is a really gifted guy but from what I understand Ben Ma (owner) has moved his focus to other endevours and AEBS has suffered as a result...
Old 11-15-2006, 05:05 PM
chimmike

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Actually I'm pretty sure Injected Performance has the AEBS stroker kit installed and running on their Z. While I was say AEBS has fallen FAR short of the mark on the Z their products for other cars have been top notch. Paulus (lead engineer) is a really gifted guy but from what I understand Ben Ma (owner) has moved his focus to other endevours and AEBS has suffered as a result...

Injected does have it, but it's only running after many issues that they had to resolve mostly themselves with some help from AEBS.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:21 AM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

Jeez, everyone bashes the AEBS stroker but I believe I am still at the top or one of the highest horsepower z's out there. There was only one problem and it took us a day to fix. Yes, AEBS' customer service really sucked because they promised the world and it took 9 months for them to come through. I hear mixed stories if they are still in business. I heard Paulus left and a few other stories from a good friend of Ben Ma's.

We have a stroker kit on the way from Brian Crower and I truly believe this will have all the issues fixed that GT Motorsports had with the first kit that came out. I will be installing it in a short block and testing it before we sell any. So far, Brian has one of the highest customer service of almost any company I have dealt with and we are direct distributors for a couple dozen big companies.

Boost Curve on a 4.3L GT42 350z...

Originally Posted by chimmike
Injected does have it, but it's only running after many issues that they had to resolve mostly themselves with some help from AEBS.

Last edited by InjectedPerf; 11-16-2006 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:07 AM
gringott

Thanks for that information Injected Performance, it really helps to hear it from the "horses mouth" so to speak.

Please keep us updated on your experience with the Brian Crower kit.

What machine shop do you use to do your engine work?

Thank you.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:09 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by InjectedPerf
Jeez, everyone bashes the AEBS stroker but I believe I am still at the top or one of the highest horsepower z's out there. There was only one problem and it took us a day to fix. Yes, AEBS' customer service really sucked because they promised the world and it took 9 months for them to come through. I hear mixed stories if they are still in business. I heard Paulus left and a few other stories from a good friend of Ben Ma's.

We have a stroker kit on the way from Brian Crower and I truly believe this will have all the issues fixed that GT Motorsports had with the first kit that came out. I will be installing it in a short block and testing it before we sell any. So far, Brian has one of the highest customer service of almost any company I have dealt with and we are direct distributors for a couple dozen big companies.

Boost Curve on a 4.3L GT42 350z...

I wonder where Paulus went. That guy knows some stuff...
Old 11-16-2006, 11:37 AM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I forget to mention that Injected had it on their Z. I remember that you had some really crazy high dyno numbers.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:45 AM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

Not sure, but I heard the owner had some more lucrative business ventures

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
I wonder where Paulus went. That guy knows some stuff...
Old 11-16-2006, 11:47 AM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

680 DD and 780 Dyno Jet. I am definitely not happy with the numbers and have been trying to get back on the dyno for the past year (pretty sad) while finishing up a couple other cars in between. That is at 23 psi and 40psi pulls will be soon to come now that SEMA is over.

Originally Posted by Quamen
I forget to mention that Injected had it on their Z. I remember that you had some really crazy high dyno numbers.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:15 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by InjectedPerf
Not sure, but I heard the owner had some more lucrative business ventures
Yeah he bought a karting track out here and aparentely felt it was more lucrative then keeping AEBS around..

Quick Reply: Power Enterprise 3.8L Stroker Kit?