Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Clutch Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 01:44 PM
6society

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Vibration

I searched......blah blah blah

Noticed lately that when I am in neutral at normal idle, sometimes when I push in the clutch I feel a vibration on the clutch pedal. There is also a slight chruning,grinding noise that goes along with the vibration. It usually happens when the car is cold, and sometimes it doesn't happen at all. The car shifts and drives perfectly fine. Any similar experiences?? Thanks.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Jc S2K2

i have the same problem. but only when i press the clutch after 5000rpm..i dropped it off at the dealer and the service manager said he will call the nissan tech support to find out the problem nissan tech support? never heard of it. im waiting on call back. he also stated it is coming from exhaust resonator i guess that was BS. hope i can get it fixed.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:54 PM
aren21

My car does the same exact thing your talking about. It started doing it after the dealer adjusted the freeplay in the pedal because the pedal wouldnt come up all the way sometimes. It does this weird vibration/jerking, and makes some strange grinding/scraping noise that I cant even describe. Its barely audible though, and it comes and goes randomly. Have you taken it to the dealer yet?
Old 03-17-2007, 03:52 PM
wrxroggie

have you guys had any luck finding out what this is? my clutch seems to have a similar problem. a guy i worked with wondered if it has something to do with engine or tranny mounts........ the rough feel that is.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:18 AM
xyberai

Originally Posted by 6society
I searched......blah blah blah

Noticed lately that when I am in neutral at normal idle, sometimes when I push in the clutch I feel a vibration on the clutch pedal. There is also a slight chruning,grinding noise that goes along with the vibration. It usually happens when the car is cold, and sometimes it doesn't happen at all. The car shifts and drives perfectly fine. Any similar experiences?? Thanks.
Mine does it too but only when its been run kinda hard or its warmed up for a while. I got the nissan tech to try and figure it out but he just test drove it and of course he didn't drive it hard or long so the problem didnt arise and he wrote it off as could not duplicate or something. Mines loud as hell with the clutch out and when i push it in i can hear it vibrate every now and then. Its not constant but i hear something grind and vibrate the clutch pedal about twice ever 1.5 seconds when i have the pedal depressed. Im not worrying about it cause if it craps out, i still have it under warranty or hell, i might just go after market; not to mention everyone i know says their z's tranny is loud as hell and the clutch is kinda funny so, hey...
Old 03-18-2007, 08:15 AM
BiGGD198

this problem is the clutch going most likely. How many miles do you guys have on your cars and im assuming their all stock clutches?
Old 03-18-2007, 08:58 AM
xyberai

Originally Posted by BiGGD198
this problem is the clutch going most likely. How many miles do you guys have on your cars and im assuming their all stock clutches?
32k on stock clutch, second owner.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:23 AM
wrxroggie

um 60k
Old 03-18-2007, 02:29 PM
BiGGD198

well 32k is still under warranty...just go check it out at dealer.....get it fixed for free as for 60k......go to dealer and complain that this just happened and you dont know what is going on. if they say it wont cover, call 1800 NISSAN and file a complaint that you just broke 60K and nissan wont cover it. See what the dealership says first.....ask for service manager ALL THE TIME....cuz you will get treated like dirt if its not him.

if it indeed is the clutch, well nissan cant cover wear and tear so you will need new clutch. Most likely the 60k is the clutch cuz thats how much usually stock nissan clutches last. the 32k it all depends how used and abused it was with the first owner.

Last edited by BiGGD198; 03-18-2007 at 02:32 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:47 AM
6society

5,500 miles I don't beat on it either, well, maybe a little