Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Heat and clutch questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Shikafranshaw7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heat and clutch questions

Ok, so I have an 04 Enthusiast. Since I have recently bought it there have been two concerns. One is something I noticed last night. With the windows down and the climate control completely off, why was it hot throughout the entire leg area in the drivers seat? I didnt feel hot air coming through, yet it was a hot experience that I have never felt in other cars before.

2nd question: With the clutch all the way in, sitting at a stand still, with first gear in or no gear at all.....why is it making a very light tick/rattle noise? Its not a loud noise, but you can feel it in your foot slightly, and even when you take your foot off the clutch you can hear a soft rattle off and on.

I spoke with one of the local dealers today and he said the clutch thing might be the pressure plate....could be fine or maybe starting to go. He said if its not loud then its probably ok.

Any experienced advice out there? Thanks.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:01 PM
flintgauge

both sound normal...that's the Z for ya. It's a true sports car, with minimal luxury.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:25 AM
DJMatrix1067

well upon futher investigation of the heat issue, you would find that the heat was localized to the area by the center console (to the right of your right leg) and this is due to a warm engine + tranny. i have had this experience in just about every sports car i have ever owned. The corvette was really bad about this.

As for the ticking, i have the same thing but amplified due to my lightweight flywheel. not quite sure if that helps, but im pretty sure thats normal. most of the z's i hear have a tick. consider how many moving parts there are in an engine, and consider how many of them have the potential to create a minor click. and i think the fact that you can feel it in the pedal attests to the z's true sports car manner.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by Shikafranshaw7
Ok, so I have an 04 Enthusiast. Since I have recently bought it there have been two concerns. One is something I noticed last night. With the windows down and the climate control completely off, why was it hot throughout the entire leg area in the drivers seat? I didnt feel hot air coming through, yet it was a hot experience that I have never felt in other cars before.

2nd question: With the clutch all the way in, sitting at a stand still, with first gear in or no gear at all.....why is it making a very light tick/rattle noise? Its not a loud noise, but you can feel it in your foot slightly, and even when you take your foot off the clutch you can hear a soft rattle off and on.

I spoke with one of the local dealers today and he said the clutch thing might be the pressure plate....could be fine or maybe starting to go. He said if its not loud then its probably ok.

Any experienced advice out there? Thanks.

Bro~
about clutch problem u got same as my Shi* SO~ i took it to dealer, they told me there is no problem on it ~ ( i guess itz normal ). and the windows u gotta take it to dealer about that~
when i got my Z on first day!!! and i drove Z for about 2 hours...my passenger window didn't go up so i took it to the shop...same fu*kin Day..
Old 04-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Shikafranshaw7

Thanks Matrix and the others. Matrix, you said it just right. I discovered last night that the heat is coming from just to the side of my right leg from the center console. You called it man. This is my first sports car so I guess I'll have to get used to a few things.

Since you seem to know it fairly well...what is your opinion on some of the better car wax for the Z?