Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Which Clutch should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 07:14 PM
04lemansZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Clutch should i get?

I have a stock 04 Z and my clutch needs replacing i am planning on eventually sc it. what should i get?
Old 04-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Chako135

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jwt flywheel/clutch...you wont regret it
Old 04-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Chako135
jwt flywheel/clutch...you wont regret it
Bold statement........ the one I drove was a huge POS - bad feel, crazy low engagment point

From the clutches I have driven I would get a twin disc carbon ATS if you plan on any legitimate hp/tq numbers down the road. Spec 2+ with a stock flywheel is decent. I have heard decent reviews about the ACT, and OK reviews about clutchmasters. Honestly, the JWT would be the last clutch I would recommend based on the one I had the displeasure of driving
Old 04-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Chako135

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zivman
Bold statement........ the one I drove was a huge POS - bad feel, crazy low engagment point

From the clutches I have driven I would get a twin disc carbon ATS if you plan on any legitimate hp/tq numbers down the road. Spec 2+ with a stock flywheel is decent. I have heard decent reviews about the ACT, and OK reviews about clutchmasters. Honestly, the JWT would be the last clutch I would recommend based on the one I had the displeasure of driving
displeasure of driving....alrighty then

First off, the clutch does take some getting used to. If the clutch isn't broken in, it tends to have a really low engagement and it's kind of like learning stick all over again. This was probably the case in the car you drove. Once the clutch is broken in after about 500 miles, it becomes smoother and easier to drive. The only downfall is the fact that there's a little more noise than the stock clutch that's barely even noticable. If I were you, I wouldnt comment on a clutch that you haven't even gave the chance to get used to...but that's just me
Old 04-19-2007, 03:41 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the ACT is the nicest of all the replacement clutches I've used...and I've used all of them to date

Nice pedal effort, release point is slightly lower than stock but not on the floor, and just holds and holds. Plus, very affordable