Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Tranny Problems / Clutch Slipping & More!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 07:32 AM
pcressey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Tranny Problems / Clutch Slipping & More!

I own a 2006 350Z and it has almost 11,000 miles on it. I have had tranny problems numerous times, and was wondering if anybody experienced similar problems.

1. Grinding - If i accelerate heavily and then shift form 1st to 2nd the gears grind. This has happened about 15 times, and I can guarantee it is not the driver.

2. Slipping - The clutch slips in 2nd and 3rd gear. Yesterday and I got on it and shifted into 2nd, the clutch slipped for almost 50 yards. It does not happen all the time, but it does happen a few times a month.

3. No Gear - This has happened once, where I cam to a stop and couldn't get the car into 1st or 2nd gear. I pumped the clutch and just about everything else, and the car would not go into gear.

4. Pedal Stuck - This also happened once... the clutch pedal stayed engaged and I had to lift it up with my foot.

I am about to go into the dealership and demand a new transmission. They also scraped my right front RAYS rim, and have yet to replace it (Universal City NISSAN).

Thanks,
Paul
Old 04-25-2007, 07:41 AM
Zquicksilver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New Tranny! And if that dealership doesn't do it, take it to another one that will...

I had mine replaced at 57k, I was hitting a wall going into 3rd and 5th. I love my new tranny and clutch/flywheel setup, it feels like a new car... seriously!

GL,
Zquicksilver