Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

How do I know??

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 08:55 AM
BallZdeepNYC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I know??

I got my 04 Touring with 12k miles on it 2-3 months ago now and i am wondering. How can I tell if I need to get the Tranny replaced? some people say the rattling is normal. It really sounds like there are marbles in my tranny but i never have problems getting the car in or out of gears. I have to go in for Tire feathering issu (again) I hope the set the specs to 07 Alignment so it goes away once and for all and then maybe i can buy some rims. But anyway i need to know if i need 009 tranny and if so ill do it at the same time. Also how long does it ususally take Nissan to install this tranny?
Old 04-26-2007, 09:12 AM
blackstealthz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SiCKBLaCKMaX99
I got my 04 Touring with 12k miles on it 2-3 months ago now and i am wondering. How can I tell if I need to get the Tranny replaced? some people say the rattling is normal. It really sounds like there are marbles in my tranny but i never have problems getting the car in or out of gears. I have to go in for Tire feathering issu (again) I hope the set the specs to 07 Alignment so it goes away once and for all and then maybe i can buy some rims. But anyway i need to know if i need 009 tranny and if so ill do it at the same time. Also how long does it ususally take Nissan to install this tranny?
Some warnings would be gear grinding when shifting at heavy speeds.Clutch slipping into gear,clutch pedal staying engaged,and not being able to get into any gear after you come to a complete stop.. And if you ever do need one ask for cd009 watch out for sneaky salesman trying to stick you with left over 007,008. As far as how long it takes not sure depends on the dealership and there mechanics capabilties and we all know by expierence some are limited. But good luck hope everything works out as far as the rattle my 03 had that too i just ignored it my 07 has no rattling or any other issues like older models ill keep my fingers crossed.