Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Funky clinking sounds...perhapse clutch stuff??

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 11:32 PM
evil_tt
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funky clinking sounds...perhapse clutch stuff??

Hello all. I Just got a new 07 Enth last wednesday. I have about 430 miles on her now. I was driving home tonight (about 45 minute drive @ 70 mph) and finally got off the freeway and heard this brief clinking noise when I stopped. When I got home I put the car in Neutral and this wierd vibrating clinking sound was comming from the engine area, but when I engaged the clutch it stops, and when I let the clutch go again it starts. I have been really easy on my car while breaking it in....can anyone give me any suggestions to what the sound might be?

Thanks
Old 06-11-2007, 04:10 AM
wperdigon

shame you are not in the Baltimore area or I would tell you to see Tom over at R Nissan - they are an excellent mod friendly dealer -
Old 06-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

Originally Posted by evil_tt
Hello all. I Just got a new 07 Enth last wednesday. I have about 430 miles on her now. I was driving home tonight (about 45 minute drive @ 70 mph) and finally got off the freeway and heard this brief clinking noise when I stopped. When I got home I put the car in Neutral and this wierd vibrating clinking sound was comming from the engine area, but when I engaged the clutch it stops, and when I let the clutch go again it starts. I have been really easy on my car while breaking it in....can anyone give me any suggestions to what the sound might be?

Thanks
If we're thinking of the same sound, my 07 does the same thing. I think I read somewhere on this forum that it's normal.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:48 PM
SelfproclaimedZ

yea the noise is normal, my 06 still does it, the z trans has big gears and your hearing the harmonics of the gears while its freewheeling in neutral
Old 06-12-2007, 07:12 AM
evil_tt
Banned

hmm....didn't know that. Cause I was getting ready to bring it in today. It does it after I drive and stop, and put it in neutral and disengage the clutch it makes that wierd sound and stops again when I push the clutch back in.... Thanks for the info, relieves some stress.