Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Pyro location

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 05:24 PM
RED RIDER

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Pyro location

No response from the "exhaust forum" so here goes..

OK so I need to have my pyrometer put into the new exhaust( previous owner never got it done before he sold me the car)..Its 3" stainless so that requires special welding doesnt it?..have the bung welded and screw it in?

Ok so now a question..on all my diesels the big debate was either PRE turbo or POST turbo.
All my trucks have pyros in the manifolds because I want to know what the valve temp is, who cares about the exhaust stream...agree or disagree?
Dont know the answer for this gas motor, havnt owned one in about 8 years...lol
So please educate me a little bit..I tried the search and read and read and couldnt find any answers so sorry if its out there somewhere..

I know that towing I can be at 1250 degrees and touch 1300 but begin to back off the throttle...racing I have buried it at 1600 degrees..again this is on my diesels....so what would a max turbo charged gas motor be safe to run at?
and finally once again is your pyro mounted in the manifold or the exhaust pipe after the turbo?
TIA
Tom
Old 08-20-2007, 05:26 PM
eltness350
The Untouchable

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow....easy answer...pm sharif at forged or one of the vendors....bump 4 more info...