Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

My swap has finally begun : )

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 08:36 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ronie
omg... shut the fck up and wait for the pics...stop being *******s to the guy he posted the tittle it read "my swap has finally begun" if you read the title and still expected to see pics of the swap alredy done, then im sorry but youre....A LITTLE RETARDED!!!...so go read the other 16543165418749 threads there is to read, if youve alredy done soo (like most of the people hating rite now) then turn off youre pc and go drive your car...if not then stop complaining like little *****es...

p.s THE SWAP WILL GET DONE, SO STICK AROUND FOR HIS UPDATES...
Hey My swap has finally begun : )-dedeedee.jpg,

You're the one who is being "A LITTLE RETARDED" here. My last post to the OP was diplomatic, but your post was absolutely ridiculous. Myself and the others (with the exception of Zexy) aren't asking for pictures of the swap already completed. We're just asking for more info and some pics of the build in progress. I've seen plenty of other threads that show pics of a build in progress, usually starting with pics of the uninstalled short or long block.

So go take your short and misguided temper somewhere else.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 09-26-2007 at 12:13 AM.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:35 PM
ssnake86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry for my nooby question, but what does the 2JZ have on our VQ35 engines? The fact that its an inline 6? doesnt our engine have just as much potential? If I'm not mistaken a stock 07 Z is faster then a stock turbod 97 Supra...and the Z engine isnt even turbod, its faster while being NA.

Last edited by ssnake86; 09-25-2007 at 11:41 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:55 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by ssnake86
sorry for my nooby question, but what does the 2JZ have on our VQ35 engines? The fact that its an inline 6? doesnt our engine have just as much potential? If I'm not mistaken a stock 07 Z is faster then a stock turbod 97 Supra...and the Z engine isnt even turbod, its faster while being NA.
The advantage of a 2JZ motor is that it can take a lot more boost/power on a stock block. However, that's the only real advantage that I see. The high power Supras I have seen are very laggy with peak boost coming on in the neighborhood of 6000RPM and have a very vertical/linear power band (I wouldn't even call it a power curve) on the dyno charts.

A well built VQ motor might be more expensive, but the larger displacement gives it superior low and midrange power, especially for a street car.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:58 PM
ssnake86

Whats a good estimate of what each stock block maxes out at? 600whp for the Z and 800whp for the Supra? This a bad guess?

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
The advantage of a 2JZ motor is that it can take a lot more boost/power on a stock block. However, that's the only real advantage that I see. The high power Supras I have seen are very laggy with peak boost coming on in the neighborhood of 6000RPM and have a very vertical/linear power band (I wouldn't even call it a power curve) on the dyno charts.

A well built VQ motor might be more expensive, but the larger displacement gives it superior low and midrange power, especially for a street car.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:10 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by ssnake86
Whats a good estimate of what each stock block maxes out at? 600whp for the Z and 800whp for the Supra? This a bad guess?
VQ35DE motors: about 400whp

VQ35HR/VQ37HHR motors: GTM is going for 600whp on the stock block with their G37 project. They say it is a lot stronger than the DE blocks. There is already talk of 500whp stock block HR's in the near future.

2JZ motors: I'm not sure, but I was at Intense Motorsports when a customer dynoed over 700whp with his Supra and he said it was a stock block. It was a big single turbo setup. The power curve on his dyno sheet wasn't really a curve at all. It looked more "L" shaped. It definitely wasn't nearly as fat and broad of a power curve as was on the dyno chart for Sam's (GTM's) 855whp Z.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 09-26-2007 at 12:20 AM.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:12 AM
ssnake86

VQ35DE motors: about 400whp

VQ35HR/VQ37HHR motors: GTM is going for 600whp on the stock block with their G37 project. They say it is a lot stronger than the DE blocks. There is already talk of 500whp stock block HR's in the near future.

2JZ motors: I'm not sure, but I was at Intense Motorsports when a customer dynoed over 700whp with his Supra and he said it was a stock block. It was a big single turbo setup. The power curve on his dyno sheet wasn't really a curve at all. It looked more "L" shaped.

Oh really only 400whp on the stock block, I thought I've seend at least 60-80hp higher then that.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:45 AM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah it cant be 400rwhp their are plenty of memebers on here running stock blocks more than that on a de engine. They have some people with supercharged set-ups running more than that on a auto.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:47 AM
Dubai

Originally Posted by Fairlady_z33
yea btw i was wondering who has done a 2jz

I know of at least 2 in my area that have done a 2jz swap in their Z's. I can provide additional info if needed...
Old 09-26-2007, 08:40 AM
Quamen

^^
Please PM me with info if you have any.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:33 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by marques1
yeah it cant be 400rwhp their are plenty of memebers on here running stock blocks more than that on a de engine. They have some people with supercharged set-ups running more than that on a auto.
Ya, plenty of people have run more, and are flirting with KABOOM, especially with stock rods. I'm talking about safe/reliable power. You'll see that most of the guys on here with stock blocks aren't pushing more than in the neighborhood of 400whp on the DE motor.

Anyway, back on topic...

--Eric (tries to be patient waiting for any info from Fairlady_z33)
Old 09-26-2007, 10:31 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Ya, plenty of people have run more, and are flirting with KABOOM, especially with stock rods. I'm talking about safe/reliable power. You'll see that most of the guys on here with stock blocks aren't pushing more than in the neighborhood of 400whp on the DE motor.

Anyway, back on topic...

--Eric (tries to be patient waiting for any info from Fairlady_z33)
^^ what you say its true.... for safe driving... 800hp is max on the 2jz with stock ignition(this last part squashed with new ems )
i have seen the vq stock make 512whp and 608 lbstq but obviously its a dyno race gas run only...not meant for street driving at all... GTM got 510whp and it held decently on the dyno and on the street for a bit till it died at the track.

And why is people getting so sensitive when someone asks pics??
WE all would obviously like to see pics of the progress, the struggles and the success.

Best of luck to the OP
Old 09-26-2007, 03:59 PM
ronie

ooohhhh, you hurt my feelings,smells to me like you have your period or something...and pleases dont send me to go *** myself again...

if my post offends you "zilvia" or anyone else here then tough luck, reflect on the first 3 pages of this thread and see whos really being a fuking *******, the guy said he would post pics and he did, you ask for info and he refuses because all you hatin mothafukers out there in this forum(if you think your not a hater then it doesnt involve you) are just gona talk **** and find something negative to say about whatever he puts in the z...give the guy a break and dont be mad cuz your stuck with a motor you put $20,000 and you still aint ****...

Originally Posted by Zilvia
go *** your self.....we didnt expect pics of it installed. we were expecting details maybe some actually information. he provides none.

Last edited by ronie; 09-26-2007 at 04:08 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Zilvia

ooohhhh, you hurt my feelings,smells to me like you have your period or something...and pleases dont send me to go *** myself again...

if my post offends you "zilvia" or anyone else here then tough luck, reflect on the first 3 pages of this thread and see whos really being a fuking *******, the guy said he would post pics and he did, you ask for info and he refuses because all you hatin mothafukers out there in this forum(if you think your a hater then it doesnt involve you) are just gona talk **** and find something negative to say about whatever he puts in the z...give the guy a break and dont be mad cuz your stuck with a motor you put $20,000 and you still aint ****...
go back to suckin on momma's **** baby boy

anyways as for the 2jz, i've seen anywhere from 600whp to 700whp on stock blocks. ive even seen a 1300whp on stock block (but that is very difficult to obtain). basically it all depends on a tune. there have been a few cases on the Z where ppl achieved near or 500whp on stock block. Its all in the tune.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:22 PM
ronie

go back to suckin on momma's **** baby boy

anyways as for the 2jz, i've seen anywhere from 600whp to 700whp on stock blocks. ive even seen a 1300whp on stock block (but that is very difficult to obtain). basically it all depends on a tune. there have been a few cases on the Z where ppl achieved near or 500whp on stock block. Its all in the tune.
hey "zilvia" i dont have to suck on my moms ****, ive got your moms **** for that...obviously you took my comment personally...tough luck
Old 09-26-2007, 04:28 PM
Zridder19

FYI Supras will do 1000whp on the stock block, 800 reliably.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:30 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by Zridder19
FYI Supras will do 1000whp on the stock block, 800 reliably.
That's news to me.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:50 PM
Zilvia

Originally Posted by taurran
That's news to me.

yea ive heard ppl say they can do 1000 on stock block, but ive never actually heard it from a supra owners mouth. the most i have heard from them is 600whp.

on the other hand like i said early i have seen some dyno sheets of 800whp runs on stock block, but i doubt they stay that way.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:51 PM
Zilvia

hey "zilvia" i dont have to suck on my moms ****, ive got your moms **** for that...obviously you took my comment personally...tough luck

actually i didnt even read till afterwards .......sorry to disappoint
Old 09-26-2007, 05:17 PM
jimmyloose

So much misinformation polluting this thread.

It's okay OP, I was in your shoes once... Cruising the forums... Saying things that I was 'going' to do.

You'll probably learn quite a bit in the process and you'll either finish or you won't.

Best of luck to you.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:19 PM
jimmyloose

yea ive heard ppl say they can do 1000 on stock block, but ive never actually heard it from a supra owners mouth. the most i have heard from them is 600whp.

on the other hand like i said early i have seen some dyno sheets of 800whp runs on stock block, but i doubt they stay that way.
ppl?

Who is this mysterious group of tuning guru's?

Information with no particular source is always the most reliable and accurate information you can find. I would bet my life on the things 'ppl' say. PPL KNOWS ALL.

Quick Reply: My swap has finally begun : )