I will.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:52 PM
chamois

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any update on the vid?
Old 12-05-2007, 06:35 PM
toy4two

I've got the nismo, sounds like a rock crusher, can't hear it with the windows up at all though.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Mid117

Originally Posted by RedBullRR
Ended up ordering the ACT StreetLite Flywheel and Exedy stage 1 clutch kit.
Nice choice!

I have an ACT prolite flywheel and clutch sitting in my room but didn't install it yet. I'll get a video up when I do get it installed(could take a little bit)
Old 12-05-2007, 08:55 PM
BabyZiLLa

Theres at LEAST a thousand people on this boards with the combo but noone that owns a video camera?

Im also curious to hear it.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:55 AM
Fletch69z

I have the JWT lightweight flywheel with stock clutch and have recently switched to redline fluid. Since the fluid change, I haven't really noticed any chatter. (Maybe I've just gotten used to it though, ). It was never that bad. If you're in your garage you might hear it more because it vibrates off the walls but I've never been embarassed by the loudness of it. Plus, with the exhaust you can't hear it any ways most of the time and people are too busy looking at you going "Wow, what all has he done to that thing!"
Old 12-06-2007, 11:08 AM
mikeygp4

yesterday i got the jwt clutch and flywheel installed on my car and i started hearing the rattling sound while on neutral. i was worried so i searched the forum and found this thread. i'm somewhat relieved to find out that this is normal (i spent a lot of money and i want to be sure the job was done right) but the noise is annoying. i don't have a camera but i'll see if i can get a friend to post a video so you guys can hear it. it may take some time though.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:11 PM
chamois

for those of you who have the JWT lightweight clutch and flywheel, where is the engaging point for the clutch compared to stock?
Old 12-07-2007, 03:10 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chamois
for those of you who have the JWT lightweight clutch and flywheel, where is the engaging point for the clutch compared to stock?
after my car settled, it's just a tad lower than stock. The pedal is way to soft though. I prefer the super stiff oem feel.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:36 AM
mikeygp4

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
after my car settled, it's just a tad lower than stock. The pedal is way to soft though. I prefer the super stiff oem feel.
same thing with mine... it's lower than stock and a lot softer. i prefer the stiffer oem feel as well but i'm getting used to it now and i probably won't remember the difference after driving my car a bit more.

i was trying to record the infamous rattling noise while on neutral but my car's been quiet everytime i tried. but then sometimes i'll hear it while i'm stopped at a red light. i'll try again when i have a camera with me.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:07 PM
chamois

how much softer would you say it is? I like how stiff the OEM clutch is too. would there be another after market clutch that still has that similar stiffness? also, do you notice any great advantages to the clutch and flywheel setup? faster acceleration? any other little interesting points about it?

Last edited by chamois; 12-08-2007 at 08:10 PM.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Firewired

how much softer would you say it is? I like how stiff the OEM clutch is too. would there be another after market clutch that still has that similar stiffness? also, do you notice any great advantages to the clutch and flywheel setup? faster acceleration? any other little interesting points about it?

Same here !

Plus, we want to see that vid, even thought you dont hear the chatter. I want to see how it revs/sounds.

Thanks
Old 12-10-2007, 05:17 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

After getting my clutch and flywheel done. I dont know how I lived with that stock clutch for so long. God this thing feels like a sports car now. Third Gear Chirps, and the clutch is strong as hell, better engagement point, clutch doesnt drop, I can go on and on.

1 thing is you have to relearn how to drive your car because its that much of a difference.

As for the noise I will post up a video, but its really not bad, and you can hardly tell. To tell you the truth the stock clutch seemed louder to me. When you shut the engine off with the stock clutch the entire engine and tranny rattle. With the ACT Flywheel and Exedy Stage 1 Clutch it makes no vibrations when shutting off.

I havent done my redline fluids yet, but plan on it soon. So far I'm a happy man.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:25 AM
SuperBlack350z

not sure about stiffness with other clutches. It will have to be due to the pressure plate.

Acceleration on hills seems to lag but other than that, it's very nice. Yes i do chirp third gear as well but that's not something to brag about. It grips really hard. Driving it is easy for daily driving as well.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:39 AM
chamois

After getting my clutch and flywheel done. I dont know how I lived with that stock clutch for so long. God this thing feels like a sports car now. Third Gear Chirps, and the clutch is strong as hell, better engagement point, clutch doesnt drop, I can go on and on.

1 thing is you have to relearn how to drive your car because its that much of a difference.

As for the noise I will post up a video, but its really not bad, and you can hardly tell. To tell you the truth the stock clutch seemed louder to me. When you shut the engine off with the stock clutch the entire engine and tranny rattle. With the ACT Flywheel and Exedy Stage 1 Clutch it makes no vibrations when shutting off.

I havent done my redline fluids yet, but plan on it soon. So far I'm a happy man.
Redbull, What made you choose to go to the exedy and act setup rather than the JWT clutch and flywheel? is the daily driving okay or would you not recommend it for a DD?
Old 12-10-2007, 05:49 AM
RedBullRR

I use my Z as a DD. I have a winter car, just cant see myself leaving my Z in the driveway all day by itself. LOL Maybe when it snows bad.

As for the reason I went with Exedy Stage 1 and ACT Flywheel. Well I did a lot of reading on here maybe about 4 months worth before making my decision. Reason I went with this radther then the JWT is for a couple of reasons listed below:

1. JWT Clutch is basically an Exedy Clutch. It has Exedy marked on there. So I decided why go with someone who put there name on it, when I can go directly to Exedy.

2. All the rumors about JWT Being the loudest of the flywheels steered me away. Everyone that had both always seemed to favor the ACT. Besides that ACT has had a reputation for a while with me were JWT is all new to me.

I'm very happy with my decision, word of advice though if you plan on doing this def change the Clutch line to Stainless Steel braided line.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:52 AM
SuperBlack350z

i took my ss clutch line off. Feels much better and easier to drive.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:03 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Originally Posted by BabyZiLLa
Theres at LEAST a thousand people on this boards with the combo but noone that owns a video camera?

Im also curious to hear it.
Because we bought them for performance and dont care about the sound. Its a normal noise for anyone who has been around vehicles with lightened setups.

Embarasing LOL , i guess blowoff valves , aftermarket exhaust locking diffs etc etc could be added to the if thats how some people think.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:30 AM
BabyZiLLa

I use my Z as a DD. I have a winter car, just cant see myself leaving my Z in the driveway all day by itself. LOL Maybe when it snows bad.

As for the reason I went with Exedy Stage 1 and ACT Flywheel. Well I did a lot of reading on here maybe about 4 months worth before making my decision. Reason I went with this radther then the JWT is for a couple of reasons listed below:

1. JWT Clutch is basically an Exedy Clutch. It has Exedy marked on there. So I decided why go with someone who put there name on it, when I can go directly to Exedy.

2. All the rumors about JWT Being the loudest of the flywheels steered me away. Everyone that had both always seemed to favor the ACT. Besides that ACT has had a reputation for a while with me were JWT is all new to me.

I'm very happy with my decision, word of advice though if you plan on doing this def change the Clutch line to Stainless Steel braided line.
Is your setup stiffer than stock? I hear everyone say JWT is softer than stock. Thats not what i want.

Personally i can't believe people think stock is stiff. Compared to my past cars i can barely feel the pedal.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:28 AM
RedBullRR

To Answer your question BabyZilla yes. The clutch is much more stiff. I love it this way, just going to take some getting used to. I keep launching like Im at the 1/4 mile drag strip. LOL

Personally I wish I would have done this a long time ago. Best Money spent on the Z so far. I am not disappointed whats so ever. I can't speak for the JWT, I do know that JWT is basically an Exedy Clutch with JWT Name on it.

Quick Reply: REQUEST: JWT Clutch anf flywheel video or sound clip