Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

help with procharged G35 air filter- fitment

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 11:10 AM
IrockAG35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with procharged G35 air filter- fitment

well last time i posted in forced induction ,my main drive gear had melted to my procharger mounting brachet, i finally got it back today from repairs,which was covered by procharger, im told the blades in my blower are chipped up and are actually slightly bending im told there is no air filter on my blower, only a small screen..a place here in louisville called tachyeon.."www.tachyeon.com" recommended to put a turbo type air filter on, they said they'd do it..but it would cost me...anyone run into this problem..theres no space to put one..the only way to make this work is to cut the core composite the blower rests against heres a pic of the space issue...if this needs to be cut...what should i use to do so?....thanks for your help.:note blower REST'S on core compostie

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...CFdoors003.jpg
Old 02-07-2008, 11:11 AM
IrockAG35

sorry wrong pic...heres the right one..lol

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...00/theg005.jpg
Old 02-07-2008, 11:14 AM
AmateuRN

I do think you'll need to cut that support. I've had mine on for 2 years and still only have the mesh over it... the space is so mall it's hard for anything to find it's way in there. Unless you live in a windy/sandy area?

If you do decide to put a filter on the blower, which again, is possible with cutting. then you may want to think about taking the filter that's "in" the piping by the FMIC out... since you won't need 2 filters.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:59 AM
IrockAG35

Originally Posted by HomieG35
I do think you'll need to cut that support. I've had mine on for 2 years and still only have the mesh over it... the space is so mall it's hard for anything to find it's way in there. Unless you live in a windy/sandy area?

If you do decide to put a filter on the blower, which again, is possible with cutting. then you may want to think about taking the filter that's "in" the piping by the FMIC out... since you won't need 2 filters.
thats a good point..i think when my gear melted it got scrap aluminum all under the engine bay..and possibly in the blower..i beleive this is what caused the damage to the blades in the blower
Old 02-07-2008, 12:01 PM
IrockAG35

have you had any problems with yours with mesh only?
Old 02-07-2008, 01:28 PM
AmateuRN

Nope. I looked about a year ago and there were some very very small minor nicks. But nothing at all that would make the fans not operate as normal... no bends, just small pits. I'm guessing from unlucky particles that got caught up in WOT high RPM collisions.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:22 AM
IrockAG35

well i talked to pro charger, they said its covered on warranty,since our cars cant really have an airfilter on the blower, so i guess im content with that