Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Any ACT Clutch owners with the 350/evo Rogue Shifter??

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 08:02 PM
dyno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any ACT Clutch owners with the 350/evo Rogue Shifter??

I have had the short shifter by 350evo (Rogue) for over a year and love it. However, I recently got a Act clutch and prolite flywheel installed and the shifter is Rattling very loud. Please help, is this normal? Any mods that would solve the poblem?
Old 06-11-2010, 01:46 PM
PrOjEcT ZeE

I have had the short shifter by 350evo (Rogue) for over a year and love it. However, I recently got a Act clutch and prolite flywheel installed and the shifter is Rattling very loud. Please help, is this normal? Any mods that would solve the poblem?
i have a ACT Clutch, Had the street lite flywheel but changed it to JWT flywheel(way better), with the rouge short throw shifter, no rattling not even @ 6500 RPM.. did you use the washer when you went underneath the canw hen you installed it?

Last edited by PrOjEcT ZeE; 06-11-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:19 PM
joepro

sounds like it maybe the gear lash coming through the shifter, I love my prolite, its just noisy below 2k when lugging it.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:50 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What you are likely hearing and feeling is not related to the shifter at all. The stock flywheel has viscous discs in it that help to absorb vibrations from the engine and transmission. Without that in place the vibrations are now free to transfer through the driveline and through the shifter. The most common complaint with any lightweight flywheel in these cars is increased chatter and vibration, most noticeable at idle.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:02 AM
dmroberson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bryan@Z1
What you are likely hearing and feeling is not related to the shifter at all. The stock flywheel has viscous discs in it that help to absorb vibrations from the engine and transmission. Without that in place the vibrations are now free to transfer through the driveline and through the shifter. The most common complaint with any lightweight flywheel in these cars is increased chatter and vibration, most noticeable at idle.
+1. Short shifter has nothing to do with the noise. I have the ACT heavy duty street clutch, the ProLite flywheel, and a Nismo short shifter, and at idle, or low speed, under 2500rpm, it chatters up a storm, sometimes.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:39 AM
PrOjEcT ZeE

+1. Short shifter has nothing to do with the noise. I have the ACT heavy duty street clutch, the ProLite flywheel, and a Nismo short shifter, and at idle, or low speed, under 2500rpm, it chatters up a storm, sometimes.
Dose your nismo short shifter spring back to neutral from first or is it soggy??? cause mines is soggy and when it gets HOT(90+ outside temperature)!!!! You would literal have to move it back to neutral... cause i have no problem with the RE short throw shifters.... think i'm going to go back to the RE....