Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

TechnoSquare ECU Beta Testers, speak out.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 09:30 PM
Smooth350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright....Thanks for the reply Cheston.
Old 07-16-2003, 08:36 AM
barnicleboy
Banned

My opinions PPL:

595 dollars is a rip off!

I dont care how much you put into this, all you did was lean out the mixture on the top. raise the rev limiter, and removed the speed limiter, advanced the timing a tad.

Seeme like it took you guys a whole 3 months to develop. thats nothing.

Only fools will pay for 5hp and 5lb-ft at that price, and once they are weeded through, your not going to get the general market because its only a matter of time, before every tuning shop will be able to download a fuel mapping to a Z. If the price isnt made attractive, youl only attract morons, and your rep will be tarnished in my eyes.

Your not even offering a group buy, what money hungry hardazzes you are.
Old 07-16-2003, 10:35 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Alright. Your free to express your opinion of the mod--whether you like it or not, but there's no need to start calling names or be rude.
Old 07-16-2003, 10:46 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by barnicleboy
My opinions PPL:

I dont care how much you put into this, all you did was lean out the mixture on the top. raise the rev limiter, and removed the speed limiter, advanced the timing a tad.

Only fools will pay for 5hp and 5lb-ft at that price, and once they are weeded through, your not going to get the general market because its only a matter of time, before every tuning shop will be able to download a fuel mapping to a Z. If the price isnt made attractive, youl only attract morons, and your rep will be tarnished in my eyes.

Old 07-16-2003, 11:17 AM
JimH

Default Chebosto, I have a twist on the auto setup...

I have the 5AT, but I replaced the differntial with the differential from the 6MT. Am I still a candidate for the 5AT ECU setup? Thx, Jim

Originally posted by Chebosto
Auto program hasnt been offically released yet.

its actually quite different than the manuals.. the betas will get theirs soon..
Old 07-16-2003, 04:50 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by barnicleboy
My opinions PPL:

Hey man, calm down.

You need to quit with the name calling.

Don't make me tell you again.

- Mike
Old 07-16-2003, 05:14 PM
dwnshift

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When we were racing out at Fontana @ the Speedway......
I got to see exactly what these guys had to do to reflash the ECU and just what they look at to decode it.
It gave me a headache.........For what they (everyone at TS) have invested into this project .........$595 sounds cheap to me. I believe that Techno Square is one of the only companies out there with a true passion for tuning cars....They are not just doing it to make a quick buck. They care about what they are doing.
They are months ahead of anyone else here in the US and IF other tuners start doing them...... TS will still have the advantage.
I had out first ECU doen in Japan a couple of months ago....and the things that Techno Square were able to work with us on the ECU was sooooo worth it. The ECU we sent to JAPAN cost us $1000.00 and it took over a week to do.

Thanks
BJZ
Schuitemaker motosports
Old 07-16-2003, 05:22 PM
2003z

BJ's previous comments on the ecu were one of the main reasons I decided to do it. Race proven, enough said!
Old 07-16-2003, 06:37 PM
raceboy
Banned

The price still seems too high to me. Unlike any other product, once the R&D was done, every $595 is pure profit. That is simply too much. Sure, they are the only supplier right now, so the price is high, but give it a few months.

Obviously they are not getting the orders they thought. That is why they are asking about a core/exchange program in another thread. That's not the problem, problem is price.
Old 07-16-2003, 07:13 PM
sschmuve

Yeah...I''m hoping and waiting for the price to come down. Then I'm in.
Old 07-31-2003, 02:41 AM
myinfinitig20

mad props to techno for the whoppin 5hp they unleashed from our almost 300hp Z. Why does it feel like we Z owners pay more money per hp then anyone else. My friend in his rsx type s keeps up with me inthe 1/4 and he's only put a grand into his car. My friend in his mustang raped me on the 1/4 and he only put a grand in his car. It seems to me that even if i spent a 1000 dollars (that i worked 1months in the SUMMER time for) it wont make a difference in my 1/4 or in my dyno. I dont know about you guys but im waiting until these aftermarket guys get serious.
pz
nick
Old 07-31-2003, 07:21 AM
nonmature

I'll get you faster with less than a grand...

NITROUS BABY............

-non
Old 07-31-2003, 08:43 AM
FairladyZCA

We're so power hungry... why can't we just go slow, save the money and buy ourselves nice clothes to match the nice car? Hahaha cuz its POWER BABY! YEAH!

Although 595.00 seems a lot - I think it's worth it.
Old 07-31-2003, 11:34 AM
ZON

Originally posted by FairladyZCA
We're so power hungry... why can't we just go slow, save the money and buy ourselves nice clothes to match the nice car? Hahaha cuz its POWER BABY! YEAH!

Although 595.00 seems a lot - I think it's worth it.
So what do you gain with this new program? I know the rev limiter is higher, but what other stuff is their here besides a few HP?
Old 08-01-2003, 07:12 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

you're changing the timing maps/ controlling the variable timing switch over
you should be getting better gas mileage from running the engine more efficiently
you're removing the speed limiter
you're raising the rev limiter.
you're changing the a/f maps
you're getting customer support techs that actually care
and a money back guarantee with warranty on the software uploaded.

what company offers this much?
Old 08-01-2003, 07:58 AM
lowrider

Chebosto

At some point in time I probably will change (reprogram my ECU). But it wont be a TechnoSquare unit. Never, ever have a seen a poster from a commercial venture as negative about anyone or any company you consider a "threat" as those I've seen from you.

As I've said before, at this point in time, IMHO, I believe the best bang for the buck is the Crawford plenum. You guys are too inflexible, and you're always "right" everyone else is always "wrong". I really don't care for knowitalls

Just my thoughts

Lou
Old 08-01-2003, 08:58 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey. its cool. its not like i'm putting a gun to your head and saying believe everything i post.

how am i negative? i'm just defending myself from bull **** people post. sorry if i come off as a 'knowitall' but maybe if you were in my shoes you'd understand.

thanks for the comments.

--Cheston
Old 08-01-2003, 06:43 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

yeah chestons constantly attacked, he just tries to defend himself.
let me just say i love it, the increased rev limiter has already been a blessing from over revving while racing, and between that and the downpipes, my powerband has gotten huge.
thanks TS
Old 08-02-2003, 01:41 AM
dynamik_VQ

$595 sounds just about right for an ECU on a VQ powered car... much like the early 4th gen Maxima price (for the swap, not a new ECU).

This is not like them under $100 chips that the Honda/Acura folks pop into their cars. Don't get me started on the eBay junk.. lol

Cheston, your efforts are highly applauded... keep up the good work.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:43 AM
FairladyZCA

Hey Raceboy:

"Unlike any other product, once the R&D was done, every $595 is pure profit". So if you go to the doctor, you gonna say to him that since he went through school - whatever he charges his/her patients are pure profit? That doesn't make any sense.

BY THE WAY, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT IS NOT CHEAP. Don't get fooled by what you think - its not just plug and play. There are many, many, many days and nights on the labs/warehouse/work away from family and friends - that's nights and weekends. It's working out of home. I'm not in the engineering field, but I know. Even if the R&D is done, they don't just sit there and collect money. They go and develop other things.

Think about it for a minute... how many do they sell per day? One? Maybe? Two? Take the gross profit, subtract all the expenses i.e. electricity, lease, salary, misc. expenses. Subtract the time spent - and the net profit goes down really low. They don't make $595.00 pure profit. If they do, sign me up... I want to be part of a gravy train like that.

If they don't make the proper percentages, then what's the point of being there? Making that profit will a) entice them to make next generations of ECU for other vehicles in the future so that you can complain about those prices b) ensure their survival v. other competitors following suit.

To set the record straight, I don't have any affiliation with this company in any way, shape or form. I simply represent my own self interest and the interest of informing people on what I believe is right. I know business and there are only two things that are "pure profits" in this life when dealing with money. Drugs and Prostitution. One will kill you and the other will rape your @$$ off.

If all fails on what I say... I agree that it is a bit pricy. However, its the power of Supply and Demand. It doesn't matter if its software or hardware. Sure they need to make a profit, wherever you work, wouldn't you want' the best dollar for your work? How are they different?

Last edited by FairladyZCA; 08-02-2003 at 10:52 AM.

Quick Reply: TechnoSquare ECU Beta Testers, speak out.